What you sign up to when you register on the boards:
By posting these on forums, you agree to be legally bound by the following terms. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms then please do not access and/or use these forums. We may change these at any time and we’ll do our utmost in informing you, though it would be prudent to review this regularly yourself as your continued usage of these forums after changes mean you agree to be legally bound by these terms as they are updated and/or amended.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where these forums are hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the adminstrators of these forums have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, these forums shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
Other behaviours which may lead to moderator action:
- Trolling is defined as posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other
users into a desired emotional response. Feeding trolls is in itself trolling and may be dealt with as such.
- Flaming (also known as bashing) is defined as hostile and insulting interaction between users. Everyone likes a heated discussion, but ad hominem attacks will not be tolerated. This includes such attacks against Focus Home Interactive or developers, and employees families. Just be nice, okay?
- Spamming is defined as either of the following:
- Unsolicited advertising posts or links to commercial sites.
- Continually trying to make your (possibly entirely valid) point over numerous threads in an attempt to make your grievance heard. Stick to the thread the point was originally made on, and if there is no thread for what you want to say, start one! Don't ruin other peoples' topics with your separate issues though.
- Moderators are free to act against other behaviours at their discretion. The above is so that you know what they will act against, and consistent behaviour of the types listed above will lead to a ban.
All posts must be constructive to the discussion and on topic. Only post when you have something worthy to add. Every time you are planning to start a new thread, check first to see whether there is a similar one already existing and choose a well descriptive topic title.
Advertising in any way (spam, hidden ads, …) is not allowed on the board without a Moderator's or an Administrator's authorization. Links to personal websites or fan websites are tolerated in the user's profile or his signature as long as they stay subtle.
The opinion of every user must be respected by everyone, regardless of how much it differs from your own, and is not a reason for insult.
Posting of exploits, cheats and the like
No game is perfectly secure, but it is accepted that we, as the player base, want it to be as secure as possible. Therefore, should you discover a cheat, exploit, hack or other security issues then you are at liberty to post the existence of said issue on the boards. You are, however, requested to NOT post how to recreate the issue for other posters to emulate, or to link to such instructions. Instead please send details to members of the Focus Home Interactive or developer teams (NOT the moderators - they're players just like you!) so that they can recreate and resolve the issues. Should you discover what you think to be an issue of this type and are in doubt as to how to proceed then contact a member of Focus, developer team, or a moderator for further advice.
The deliberate posting of instructions as to how to cheat, exploit, hack or otherwise render the game unfair, or links to such information, is considered a breach of these rules.
Reporting of Suspected Cheating
- Suspected cheats are NOT to be named publicly on the boards by forum members. Any post which names suspected cheats will be edited or deleted without notice. Individual leagues may have their own reporting procedure for such actions.
- In the majority of cases, moderators will contact individuals and offer them the opportunity to explain/adjust their posts before taking direct action. In the first instance, moderators will not lock threads and will attempt to use other actions to keep the discussion alive. However, it may be necessary to lock a thread temporarily in order to allow editing or to allow a cooling-off period while users are contacted regarding their actions. If possible such threads will be reopened, or a separate thread will be opened on the same subject, in order to allow the discussion to continue.
Moderator actions may include warnings, temporary or permanent bans, usually in that order, but at their discretion based on the severity of the offence.
Right of Reply
- We recognise that moderators are human and make mistakes. To that end, any complaints or questions should be directed either to the moderator in question, or the Community Manager, or both, by PM only. Any threads complaining publicly about moderators will be locked and deleted and the individual posting them will be dealt with accordingly.
Should you be unsure which moderator carried out the action you wish to question the feel free to send out a mass PM to all of us.