Why is the KAMAZ 4310 taking damage under water?

The air intake is above the water level but it doesn't seem to matter :
alt text

I also noticed that in Spintires that engines of offroad cars can only stall and be damaged by water getting into air intake.
But game mechanics dont take that into account that vehicle have snorkel etc. But why we sek such realism if driver will not die when if vehicle is fully underwater 🙂
Someone could try to justify damage of engine like cold water or other things.

I did not test kamaz with its snorkel so maybe you tell me if it is stalling under water or take only damage but you can drive further?

In Spintires there are mod cars that have correctly simulated the snorkel (maybe Spintires plus was needed, I'm not sure).

This driver is not dead 😉 :
Youtube Video

This is because in these russian vehicles the snorkels are never complete tight 😉

@doom said in Why is the KAMAZ 4310 taking damage under water?:

This is because in these russian vehicles the snorkels are never complete tight 😉

That's in fact a good idea as an enhancement. If the truck doesn't have damage the snorkel should work correctly, but if it has more than, say, 20% of damage, the snorkel could not work.

@zxcmvn No he is not dead lol but great vid showing that truck can drive under water if it have air intake above water level. That prowes I was no wrong and I am happy about that.
As for imortal driver I meant situations in Spintires and Mudrunner when player truck sunk and you still can have your driver inside the cabin 🙂 To bad that we cannot leave vehicles and walk. In such situation our driver would escape sunken truck and we would be able to go to other truck on foot 🙂