After playing through all challenges and first 3 maps in single- and multiplayer, I think the game is a little too easy for "seasoned veterans" who have played the original a lot. Especially if multiplayer has 2-3 good players. Here are some suggestions to make "Hardcore+" or "Super hardcore" etc. mode.
- Increase load points required to lumber mill. Maybe even triple from 8 to 24, so the roads get in very bad condition from driving, maybe even forcing to look for alternative routes. Same thing for garages, maybe 8 points instead of current 4. And let's say even 4 points for log stations to be in operation
- increase amount of loaded logs needed to pack cart, 6-8 logs of every type.
- Realistic winch cable. Do not allow winch cable to pass through truck or trailer body. It reduces winching possibilities if one cannot attach cable to rear of truck and then for example to a tree beside front wheel. I know these winches are very powerful in real life, but maybe reduce winch pulling force a little, if too deep in the mud it won't pull you out.
- Tire grip is a fine line between challenging and frustrating, but i think grip could be reduced a bit when tires are sunk in mud. I understand this is a difficult balance issue, and shouldn't be made unrealistic just to be more difficult.
- Separate fuel stations for gasoline/diesel. One station of each per map. I believe some of the trucks are gasoline powered in real life, correct fuel would be needed.
- Remove watchpoints for revealing map. Map becomes visible where driving, just like now but for a bit wider area around vehicle.
- Night should be darker, and truck lights weaker/shorter beam.
I understand some may call it masochist mode, but I believe there are many veterans of old game who would enjoy a more challenging mode than current hardcore.