Tattoo - Higher resolution rock textures

Here's a few shots of my Skull gearbox in MR so far. It still needs work but it's in game.

looking good! Cannot wait to have this gearbox back 🙂

@tattoo I can't wait to drive with your skull shifter again it was amazing in spin tires and think it will be just as great in MR

Thanks. I'm glad ya'll like it.

Here's some update images from what I have done so far.
It's pretty much done, just need to test some more.
The textures need tweaking.

Also, the pattern has changed. PZ changed the positions and took a couple out so now it's an actual H pattern. Not sure if I like it or not yet, tho. I may change the layout again. We'll see how it goes.

NOTE:
The images have been switched out to the released version so I don't post them twice.
I finished the textures so this one doesn't look so washed out while inside the truck.

Outside vehicle

Inside vehicle

last edited by Tattoo

Here's another one I'm working on. Dunno why the images are so big, tho. They're only 400 x 400 the most and it's not that big but the forum is making em bigger.

The gearbox looks kinda small compared to the skull shifter so may have make it a bit larger. Oh, and you can really see how the color gets washed out on em inside the truck so I have to find a happy medium.

NOTE:
The images have been switched out to the released version so I don't post them twice.
I finished the textures so this one doesn't look so washed out while inside the truck.

Outside Truck

Inside Truck

last edited by Tattoo

very cool to see you are updating your shifter for the new game. while the new stock shifter is much better than the original, i feel yours is much easier to use with the way the pattern is laid out.

thank you Tattoo

@8up-local
I think @Tattoo Shifter was the reason why MR got H-Pattern in the first place.^^
Have you ever seen a Video without his Skull?

I have to admit your new console looks great, that in combination with the Skull-Shifter would be a dream come true. ^^

@checkmypixel yes just about everyone i know uses (or used with spintires) Tattoos shifters and i would have to agree with the idea of where the new pattern came from in the game. same as the side point winches, but i think those in the mod community are happy to see these features as a part of the game now. at least they have not shown signs of displeasure anyway.

Thanks again. I like the new layout but am having trouble going from Auto to Low now. The reason I made the base the way I did before is because it made it easier to go from Auto to Low, and/or 1+, because of the corners in the pattern.

Now that it's an actual H pattern, it's harder to catch that center groove to move sideways. There is a slight pause when moving to the center position, which does help, but it's not enuf to be able to move sideways easily or fast. So that's part of what's holding it up. I even angled the positions a bit, kinda like the original, but it didn't help. I may have to go more drastic and make it more like the original. But that'll take a while as I'll have to remake the base all over again and preposition the nodes again.

I also tried rotating it more but it didn't seem to help much and I don't like it turned that much showing mostly the side of it.

All that and the textures get washed out some while in cabview so I have to find a happy medium for that. The skull isn't bad but the base is kinda dark at times so I wanna lighten it up some. I had it lighter but it got washed out too much inside, so not sure where to go with that.

I may just release the skull as is, for now, and try to make it better when I have more time. The new one needs better textures tho because the handle looks crappy inside but I'm really liking the new base. I may use it with the skull too but may have to make a wider handle for it. It's just a lot of work changing it, then testing it, then changing it and testing again and so on and so on.

Oh and I forgot to mention that now that it's an actual H pattern, the travel seems longer, but it's the same base, just no corners now. That's why I'm liking the new base and may put the skull on it. We'll see how it goes.

Tattoo's GearBoxes v2.0 for Mudrunner

Tattoo_Skull_GearBox_MR_v2.zip - New Texture

Tattoo_Skull_GearBox_noBG_MR_v2.zip - New Texture
Square background removed from base

Tattoo_Stock_GearBox_MR_v1.zip

Tattoo_Tee_GearBox_MR_v1.zip

Tattoo_Tee_GearBox_Stk_MR_v1.zip - Stock shift pattern

Tattoo_Skull_GearBox_MR_v2.....Tattoo_Skull_GearBox_noBG_MR_v2.....Tattoo_Stock_GearBox_MR_v1.....Tattoo_Tee_GearBox_MR_v1.....Tattoo_Tee_GearBox_Stk_MR_v1

Credit:
Skull model created by: Videocopilot
Everything else created by me

Instalation.txt included in each gearbox.zip file

Instalation:
You need the put the code for the gearbox in your config.xml.
Here is my config.xml with no edits.
You wanna change this;

<Config Version="20151004">
	<System
		Height="1080"
		Maximized="true"
		Width="1920"
		Windowed="false"
	/>
	<MediaPath Path="Media.zip" />
	<MediaPath DoPrepend="true" MountPoint="_t/" Path="TextureCache.zip" />
	<MediaPath DoPrepend="true" MountPoint="_m/" Path="MeshCache.zip" />
</Config>

To look like this for the Tee GearBox.
Place the gearbox code under the TextureCache and MeshCache callouts.

<Config Version="20151004">
	<System
		Height="1080"
		Maximized="true"
		Width="1920"
		Windowed="false"
	/>
	<MediaPath Path="Media.zip" />
	<MediaPath DoPrepend="true" MountPoint="_t/" Path="TextureCache.zip" />
	<MediaPath DoPrepend="true" MountPoint="_m/" Path="MeshCache.zip" />
	<MediaPath Path="Tattoo_Tee_GearBox_MR_v1.zip" DoPrepend="true" />	
</Config>

Use these lines for the other gearboxes;

<MediaPath Path="Tattoo_Skull_GearBox_MR_v1.zip" DoPrepend="true" />	
	<MediaPath Path="Tattoo_Skull_GearBox_noBG_MR_v1.zip" DoPrepend="true" />
	<MediaPath Path="Tattoo_Tee_GearBox_Stk_MR_v1.zip" DoPrepend="true" />	
	<MediaPath Path="Tattoo_Stock_GearBox_MR_v1.zip" DoPrepend="true" />

And that's it. Enjoy!

NOTE: If you changed your config.xml at any time, you may need to delete the config.xml in the MudRunner cache folder.

last edited by Tattoo

@tattoo thank you very much Tattoo, D/L and installing now. lol

EDIT: after checking it out (skull shifter) i noticed the throw is longer or at least feels and looks like it. also seems shifting is tighter and more precise. overall opinion, very nice and love having the old familiar pattern back that i have gotten used to over the last few years. you are right though Tattoo, that center can be tricky to hit when speed shifting, lol

only thing i might find to complain about is the gear number overlay, but i can live with it. lol

last edited by A Former User

@8up-local, Thanks. Yes it does seem longer but is actually the same size. I just made it a bit taller but because the corners are gone, it looks longer and is why I said I may change it. I didn't feel like doing all that work again so I released it as is, for now. I may change it later on or put it on the new base.

There's nothing I can do about the numbers as they're hard coded in and I can't remove em. What don't you like about em? Just them being there or the position of them? That's about the best I can get em to look good. They're tied to the position nodes so I had to move the pivots to move the numbers.

@stellyan, Thanks

@tattoo yeah, it's all good Tattoo, just wishing. i am happy with what we've got, but if you do feel like changing things a bit i would not mind. lol

@8up-local, What are you thinking of? I wouldn't mind more feedback or ideas.

@tattoo idk, not sure. never really thought about that before. i always just enjoyed the way they have been. i guess if i was to say anything it would be to maybe shorten the the shifter stick itself a bit on the skull shifter, always kinda thought it seems a bit tall even in the original game. otherwise i'm not sure what feedback i could really give you. i have checked them out, but never really used the T handle or 8ball. i have just used the skull one since it first came out.

Thanks Tattoo, gonna install it right now.

You just made this game 10 times better, the gearbox is perfect, so smooth.

last edited by Nix_909