Persistent Enemy Gangs

Yes, a verbatim implementation would be way to much to hope for, especially since I doubt many us have a great understanding of upper level programming, but I do hope as they plan the game they at least mull over some of the ideas that fans, myself included, have presented. But yes, a direction is all we can realistically hope for.

Of the two, Settlement interaction is more something I'd like to see. The lore has several rather major Settlements (Dust Falls, Glory Hole, and Junkion) that I really hope are going to be included, and they can just make up some more since there's always going to be new settlements and old ones going away. These three, primarily Dust Falls, are just a couple mostly permanent ones. I'd like to see ways we can interact with them besides sending resources for creds.

You could treat the settlements like an RPG hub. You could walk your leader round the settlement going to various NPC's for say trade, missions, recruitment of gang members and hired guns. The standing in the town could change depending on a) which house it affiliates to ( which could change as the game goes) and b) your reputation with that house. For instance, if you played as a Goliath gang then you'd never be welcome in an escher affiliated settlement. It mean also, missions to either take control of a settlement or defend one. That could also play into the reputation thing, whereby if too much damage is done you reputation will suffer.