Truck stats spreadsheet (and logs loads)

I have made this spreadsheet with the values in the xmls files.

I cannot say for sure how much a truck will get stuck in the mud with these values since it depends on the mass, the torque BUT also the size of the wheel, the type of the wheel and how many wheels it has. I however can compare the three similar trucks (4320, 255 and 65111). The conclusion is that the 4320 LONG is the best.

Observations:

• 4310 is better than the 4320/375.
  • 65111 is worse than 4320 variants and 255 variants.
  • Its easier to tow a garage tent + trailer than a full semitrailer since the semitrailer weights more.
  • The easier setup of all (with "normal" trucks) is 1 truck with a short crane + 1 truck with 2 loads of short logs. It weights less than 2 trucks with medium logs. It gives 9 points (short logs now give 3 points each).

Notes:
I have no idea of xml coding and to be honest Im not sure if the mass is right. There are several mass values, and I have added them all in every xml file to get the total. If someone knows for sure tell me and I will redo the values if they are wrong. The rest are all right.

The values from AngVel is the angular velocity of the tires in each gear, but have in mind that depending on the size of the wheel, for the same angular velocity, the speed of the truck changes.
I was interested in these values because when loaded you mostly spend the time in 1st gear and high gear, so I wanted to know which trucks were the fastests, but it seems that they all are equal, except the 535/537 which seems to be the fastest of all in high gear (have in mind, big tires equals more speed).

Cool info, thanks for sharing !

Well done! I'd have done it myself but ATM I'm a bit short of time 😕 I got an Idea how to change it into " nice truck stats", maybe I'll try over the weekend.

ED:

I compared the mass of vehicles with the data on wiki. It roughly corelates to their real mass in kg.
Now we need to get the idea of how the speed is being counted by the game.

Also 535 shouldn't have the same stats as 537

535 19,000 kg, top speed 60 km/h
537 21,600 kg, top speed 55 km/h

last edited by mistahk76

I didn't check thoroughly but indeed as far as I remember when you are loading at a kiosk it displays 3pts but loading it onto B130 gives you only 2pts on delivery.

last edited by mistahk76

I just completed the map downhill with 1 255 with short logs and crane and 1 432010 (the long one, the blue one) with 2x short logs and I confirm that short logs give 3 points.

@mendel I have used the zil to complete an objective and have found that it gives 5 points. It seems that the zil itself gives 2 points, while the carriage gives 3. Im not sure if Pavel forgot to switch the Zil to 3 points or left it like this on purpose.

@araxp said in Truck stats spreadsheet (and logs loads):

@mendel I have used the zil to complete an objective and have found that it gives 5 points. It seems that the zil itself gives 2 points, while the carriage gives 3. Im not sure if Pavel forgot to switch the Zil to 3 points or left it like this on purpose.

Do you mean trailer? The carriage is "the Zil itself".

Yes. Zil carriage means the Zil alone, without any trailer, that has 2 points. Here, a screenshot from google:
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/BeX5-i_lnt0/maxresdefault.jpg

The left (Zil itself) would be 2 points. The right (Trailer) would be 3 points.

All other trucks seems to be 3 points with the carriage (and 3 more with the trailer), so it me a bug or intended, cant say for sure.

@mistahk76 said in Truck stats spreadsheet (and logs loads):

Now we need to get the idea of how the speed is being counted by the game.

Use cabin view - there's speedometer with notches. After some testing I conclude that each small notch equal 5 km/h and big notch equal 15 km/h.

BTW, fastest truck (ironically - 65115) may reach 60 km/h.
Comparing with oldtires (where ALL trucks were locked up to 30 km/h) in MR trucks' speeds are more diverse.

I'll do testing later to find out their speeds and write 'em here.

There is actual way of doing that as in the proving grounds you can turn on the option showing you actual car data.
Here are the results, C4320 being the king.

alt text

The screenshot is taken from this video by user SD1ONE on youtube. Thank god he had more time than us and tested all the trucks.

Youtube Video

This also proves that the gauges are merely to entertain us, they do not represent any real stats but show roughly the condition of the trucks.

last edited by mistahk76

There is actual way of doing that as in the proving grounds you can turn on the option showing you actual car data.
Here are the results, C4320 being the king.

I hate to disappoint you, but finding out top speed on sand is quite... not good idea, due to significant resistance it cause. Most trucks has certain top speeds.
Fastest truck is 65115, hitting "85 km/h" mark , but that's death course.
Video proof is baking right now.

last edited by DeadWanderer

I don't say you're not right that's why I have one idea for later. I need some large piece of asphalt and dev mode though...
waiting for your video though. [;

last edited by mistahk76

I don't say you're not right that's why I have one idea for later. I need some large piece of asphalt and dev mode though...
waiting for your video though. [;

The "Crossing" map is best choice. I'm doing these testing, but preparations are major pain in the arstime.
Each notch on speedometer equal 5 km/h.
Youtube Video

One thing, did you take into consideration that the values represented by speed-o-meter might be falsified (multiplied by x factor) to give us the false idea of speed? The gauges, again, in my opinion serve only as a decoration, not anything reliable.

I think we need one test that will tell the truth. Doing it in proving grounds with stats on with cockpit view. I'll have a look
into it a bit later.

One thing, did you take into consideration that the values represented by speed-o-meter might be falsified (multiplied by x factor) to give us the false idea of speed? The gauges, again, in my opinion serve only as a decoration, not anything reliable.

I think we need one test that will tell the truth. Doing it in proving grounds with stats on with cockpit view. I'll have a look

Actually they ARE reliable. At least speed, tacho and fuel. Compare vehicles' speeds on 1+ on proving grounds while switching between cockpit and flyby cameras. Especially on D's and E, for which "1+" is 3/3 gear (same top speed between gears).

Finally fixed my stuff and got hands over data that I've recorded a week ago.

Test done on "crossing" map due to long enough tarmac ring and possibility to get all "hidden" trucks. To keep record as much accurate as possible, all vehicles were stripped of any add-ons. Dashboard IS reliable for approx. speed measures, but not immediately accurate, every dashboard notch equals 5 km/h.

Youtube Video

Summary:
Trucks has fixed top speed, rounded so can be divided by 5 (most times). They may not have enough power to sustain that speed and expect speed drop under loads (as seen with "garage semitrailer" runs with B131 and C260).

Table of speeds, show sustainable top speed without any load/addon:

• 25 km/h: D535, E7310, D537 (twitching between 25 and 30 marks)
  • 30 km/h: B66,
  • 35 km/h: C256, C255 (certainly more than 35, but barely hitting 40 mark), B130, B131 (same as C255, can't get over 30 with garage semitrailer, often drops to 20, note tacho's behavior), C65111 (on straigth road got up to 45, otherwise see c255).
  • 40 km/h: K700, A968m (engine too weak to rise from 20 on low rpm at 5th gear, got force shift down)
  • 45 km/h: all "Ural" trucks (sometimes even try to hit 50 mark), A469 (too lightweight to sustain on bumps), A3151 (occasionally hits 50+), A3152 (cert. mod, see A459), C260 (around 40 with garage semitrailer), C4310.
  • 80+ km/h: C65115 (truck itself is a lethal joke, speed drastically drops under load and on dirt)

And question: do we need to go for full research and draw curves, based on power, speed and load?

quick question, just why do we really need to know all this for? seems like a lot of work and figuring for basicly nothing or am i just missing something here?