Rules/Stats differences between BB2 and Board Game.

Hello, I'm really happy to hear about all the new features in the Legendary edition, especially the team editor, it will be great for practice.

Any word on if you're allowing the option to use the rules of the tabletop game in its current state? I understand if you can't keep up with what GW is doing, but you guys made some strange changes to the rules/stats on your own for some reason.

For example, your human catchers are AV 8 when they should be AV 7, and also they're only supposed to be 60k value. Also for some reason gold counts towards TV at a certain point in your version. I'm not sure what other differences there will be since you guys are updating how some of the skills work, but these are significant enough that I wonder what the reason for it is.

BB2 Champion Ladder Admin Team

In CRP Human catchers were AV7 and 70k. The decision to make them AV8 was made before the release of BB2016. Humans were felt to need a buff, and catchers were seen as a weakspot. Making then AV8 beefs them up a little and makes it easier to keep them alive. Honestly, I think it's a better chance than the one the BB2016 guys used.

The "Cash counts towards TV" is known as the Bank rule and has varying popularity. It is, however, a tried and tested rule which was intended to be in CRP but was vetoed by the lead designer, JJ.

Regarding BB2016 new rules, the real question is, will the changes to Pile On be implemented?

Community Manager

@Sephiroth said in Rules/Stats differences between BB2 and Board Game.:

Regarding BB2016 new rules, the real question is, will the changes to Pile On be implemented?

It's not planned for now. Don't expect it in LE.

@Netheos said in Rules/Stats differences between BB2 and Board Game.:

Good, because it's an awful rule change.

@CalciumCas said in Rules/Stats differences between BB2 and Board Game.:

@Netheos said in Rules/Stats differences between BB2 and Board Game.:

Good, because it's an awful rule change.

Isn't it an optional rule in the table top version? I Don't know many people who would implement it, such a stupid change.

No, in TT adding PO with the need to use a TRR to actually use the skill is the option - in vanilla TT PO doesn't exist. There is no option for keeping PO as-is in the rulebook. Which is why many leagues simply ignore it.

last edited by dode74

I hope after seeing that you can toggle aging on solo player in LE they do same with the gold/TV relationship. It's BETTER in my opinion having it but just not for solo play, I've tried for certain achievements and it's not proving to be fun.

@dode74 said in Rules/Stats differences between BB2 and Board Game.:

No, in TT adding PO with the need to use a TRR to actually use the skill is the option - in vanilla TT PO doesn't exist. There is no option for keeping PO as-is in the rulebook. Which is why many leagues simply ignore it.

Thats what i meant, id rather not have it in the game at all than waste it on players. Can't imagine anyone wanting it now.

In addition we would lose the Wizard inducement as well if BB2 reflected BB2016

Wizard rule is also an optional, as I heard. In fact, they say all Death Zone extensions are optional and sort of proposed home rules. And I don't see any damage in adding them to Custom Leagues in BB2 like that - like optional features. I strongly against any rules forced on the playerbase. And denying some viable rules to playerbase is a forced approach too. I can accept need for such methods in some public leagues Cyanide runs themselve (we still have a lot of casual players, which still bring so much needed money into the project), but anybody creating their own league must be allowed to run it as he/she wishes (that's what all rulebooks say, in the end).

So all those questionable (at best) additions by Cyanide themselve - aging, bank money added to TV, changing of stats (sic!) - must be made optional for custom leagues. Ideally, leagues' managers/comissars should be allowed to edit rosters whatever they wish in their leagues (again, rulebook allows that!), and enable/disable some mechanics too. Including those added in BB2016. Then it will be sorted out naturally - those who don't like it will leave the league for some other one. If all will leave to another league, then it's end of the story. People will do their judgement much better than anybody else, like they've been doing in fumbbl for many years. I can't see why Cyanide needs to ram all this down players' throats like this. Until it stays like this I'll keep feeling very reluctanct to support this project.

last edited by Mori-Mori

@Skode None of the achievements in BB2 are all that difficult. If you want them done quickly, the easiest way is feed one player TDs (I suggest WEs, Skaven or HEs for ease of scoring multiple times in a game) and play against the AI. You should be able to score at least 4 or 5 times a game adding about 12-15 SPP per game if you feed only one player. For bank rule, get the 500k and level 4 stadiums early in a league against the AI. You will find your guys level super quickly and pretty soon, spiraling expenses will start taking their toll on trying to play inefficiently and giving away 350 in inducements, but don't worry too much about giving inducements to the AI... they don't know how to use anything but star players (badly) and maybe an occasional chef. The hardest one I found was selling a Legend player as nobody in their right mind actually uses the marketplace and it's a ridiculously bad idea. To get the achievement, take your Legend you earned above, create an alternate account and put both teams in a league and open the marketplace. Sell your Legend to the other fresh team (don't buy anything with your alt team... just buy the Legend off of your primary team) and then delete that account after buying him back if you so choose. I can't think of any other "hard" ones to get. Good luck!

@Mori-Mori said in Rules/Stats differences between BB2 and Board Game.:

I can't see why Cyanide needs to ram all this down players' throats like this. Until it stays like this I'll keep feeling very reluctanct to support this project.

Because adding options is complex. They stated from the off they wanted a unified ruleset and went with LRB6 with a couple of changes. The bank was intended for use with LRB6 and tested in the Vault process on TT before it was nixed by JJ, though; ageing (in some form) has been used before and, while I don't like this version of ageing, it has a purpose; human buffs have been mooted for some time and, while not strictly necessary, have been generally beneficial I think.

The fact is that BB2016 was released after BB2, and there was clearly little cross-communication between the development teams: it's entirely possible that there was no overlap between the two teams deciding on rules. It'd be nice if it had all be joined up, if the BB2016 team had consulted with Cyanide on development and also used Cyanide's data to make decisions, and we could have had a TT and online joined-up experience. Didn't happen, though, and it's unlikely to do so.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.