Poor transition to new forum
  • Going to bring up the elephant in the room here - there doesn't seem to be enough activity on the new forum since things kicked off last week. There are like a total of 5 posters on this new forum.

I suspect it might be because:

1. The link announcing the change is relatively obscure on the old site and can easily be overlooked.

2. The old forum appears active even if there are no new posts.

To limit confusion, whoever is in charge of this transition should consider a more forceful approach.

Perhaps all of the sub-forums in the old forum could be buried under an "Archived" folder and the only available link is the sticky providing a link to these forums?

I don't know what the best solution is, but it seems like something should be done to elegantly "force" users to here instead of having the old forum be a zombie effectively blocking traffic to this forum.

A healthy forum is critically important in creating and maintaining a gaming community as well as providing a medium where users can communicate issues to the creators. So this issue should be a big priority.

last edited by Signum
  • Hardly anyone visits the old forum now, so most people don't even know the forum has changed. And they won't come back at least until some major patch gets released. Then people will see that something has happened. Or not.

• Community Manager

The new forum has been advertised on all social networks, as well as the old forum. We want to keep the old forum archived but readable.

As said above, the active posters are already here and more players will come back with future announcements.

• Thanks for your reply Netheos.

This is of course just my opinion, but despite the advertising you mentioned, I still think the clutter of the old forum (and all its sub-forums) obscures the announcement of a new forum.

And someone who misses the fact that there is a new forum will assume that the community is dead which reflects poorly on the state of the game.

Seems like it would be an easy fix to preserve the old forum while re-directing to the new.

But take this feedback as you will.

Views
  • Looks like your connection to Poor transition to new forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.