Nerf Pitch invasion slightly

Yesterday I got 6 players stunned in the pitch invasion at the kick off of the 2nd half. I did the kick off and the other player got the ball. My opponent won the match because of this.

Ok I understand you can upgrade stadium to get rid of it in 50% of the matches...

Still I think the invasion should be reduced to max 3 players stunned. 6 players down stunned is too much, just too much...

I am the only one that thinks this??

BB2 Champion Ladder Admin Team

You really don't like the randomness ;)

I agree with Dode tomorow it can be in your favor... do a few thousands games and assess again. I m trying gobs atm and i was quite happy to see half the chaos team on the floor .

@hotdogchef said in Nerf Pitch invasion slightly:

I am the only one that thinks this??

Unfortunately (according to Steam reviews) you are not. Though I suppose (hope?) any amount of whining won't change the Cyanide's decision to stick to official rules (which (including non-nerfed Kick Off table) btw are used on TT tournaments IRL, at NAF's World Cup as well, so changing it would mean digital version deviate from the "main BB universe" significantly, so doing it in at least in CCL certainly won't be very wise move when Cyanide tries to present themselve as sort of digital extension of IRL BB, even running their own World Cup with monetary prizes).

They already did all they could to help you - added an option to disable Kick Off events in your own league. You need to just find those who agree with you on that, and create your own community. What can be a problem here? May be somebody even already has done this, try to research the net.

last edited by Mori-Mori

Pitch invasion is only bad if it affects one side much more than the other.

I've been party to 10 vs 1 pitch invasions (in my favour) and 8 vs 3 (against me) lately.

Yes, it normally gives the one with fewer players down an additional touchdown but that just means you have to deviate from the normal 2-1 grind that everybody's doing and take more risks than you would otherwise take, making games more interesting than they would otherwise be.

The wizard has a similar effect.

So, just take pitch invasion as an opportunity to be creative. At least that's what I do. But then, in most of my games I have to get creative anyway once half my squad has left the pitch, so a pitch invasion is just a variation on that team ;-)

last edited by ugh

6 down and then I have be creative? You already down in players and then get 6 stunned when you do the kick off.

Cyanide dont need to nerf kick offs totally, just limit the number of players stunned to 3, so a team at least can try to cope with it.

It's total idiot the way it is now, sorry folks.

It's total idiot the way it is now, sorry folks.

No, you just don't like it.

Honestly, I'd love it if you could house rule things like this in-game, and while I have banged on at Cyanide about this sort of customisation for years and there has been some limited ability granted to admins I don't think changes at the level you desire will be made optional, and deviations of this sort are unlikely to be made mandatory (and aren't necessary, tbh).

Ok dode74, answer me this.

Some of the key deciding people in Cyanide likes to make chaos teams and enjoy to bash lower TV teams to pulp. And they love random stuff.

And this is one of the reasons they included pile on.

I am right or wrong in my thoughts? I want YOUR guess...

last edited by Hotdogchef

Some of the key deciding people in Cyanide likes to make chaos teams and enjoy to bash lower TV teams to pulp. And they love random stuff.

I think they don't care either way, nor do they play in their spare time, so they stick with what is written in the rules and with the general consensus, as they have decided to measure it, of the enduring playerbase. Since you can't please everyone all the time, its often to err on the side of canon, because then the responsibility is in someone else's backyard.

And this is one of the reasons they included pile on.

They included it because it's part of the ruleset they used - CRP. The change to exclude PO from BB2016 came after BB2 was created.

I am right or wrong in my thoughts?

Usually wrong, it seems. Certainly wrong in this case :)

I am right or wrong in my thoughts? I want YOUR guess...

You're wrong. They made BB2 using CRP ruleset, that's all.

No, they just need to run successful business and to appease GW, their publisher (Focus) and target audience at the same time, while contributing as less efforts as possible (efforts == money IRL). That's why they don't like to change core rules too much in the manner it will affect a lot of people. If they stick to core rules, they at least may expect a predictable interest to the game from an established target audience (those who already are playing BB, in TT or other digital versions, and are ok with the rules). They could add optional features you could use in your own league, but you still need to convince them it's something that will be used by a lot of people who won't be much happy without it. The core rules + bustling MP environment + SP to some extent is on the top priorities list, and it seems to be more that they can handle already.

last edited by Mori-Mori

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.