Regarding Console Mods

@Fatboy
You know i did do research about buying the game and when I bought the game i just watched a video saying CONSOLE MODS CONFIRMED. That is when i bought the game and I did not hear anything about console mods so that why I hoped in this chat. I am not upset about console mods mostly beacuse they are giving us a DLC with 30 new trucks and they are licensed vehicles.

I'm in the same boat with watching that unofficial YouTube video and buying the game. But said person is misleading again. It's not 30 new trucks and 60 new add-ons. It's 9 new trucks for a total of over thirty, and a total of 60+add-ons..... read....

@Iyagovos The real solution to this problem is not answered with mods but to bring in many more tricks that users probably have in their own yard. People want a sense of home especially on games that can correlate with their actual life. For the game developer of Spintires: Mudrunner, they shouldn't worry about mods a great solution would be to do something like how Forza Motorsport has where there are a ton of vehicles and modifications that you can do to said vehicles, in this case stuff like offroad lights, different sizes tires be that mud terrain or all terrain, wheels, engines and engine components, body kits/panels, exhausts etc...what people actually want when they say "mods" is trucks they actually have or dream of having and modifications they can do to make the offloading beast of their dreams. This is just coming from me but instead of worrying about mods why not develope trucks such as the ones on the mods i.e. Dodge ram 2500, Chevy Silverado, Ford F250 Powerstroke...stuff like that in which would be something most people who enjoy mudding could relate to. Just my humble opinion. Thx

@ford-f350 thats why u should never watch tomcat's videos buddy he miss informs people

I've quit playing so many games because they expect you to pay so much money to play and have fun with that its insane.. And the one game (spintires mudrunner) is one i would happily pay for any dlc. Especially if it came in the form of new vehicles. Specifically off-road oriented vehicles. If you wanted to go the officially licensed route put a damn ford raptor or the like in the game. I hate fords but at least itd be something with some horsepower and a little ground clearance.. Its more in the ballpark of what people want to screw around with tbh. You've got a great foundation here. You'd make bank off us console guys adding more trucks that are really just for fun. Charge $10 for a tube chassis rock crawler that doesnt need to be officially licensed? Guaranteed people would buy it lol Shit, id be happy if you did that with the next iteration of the game if there ever will be such a thing. Just my 2 cents.

Hey guys. If you don’t know me I’m risky the Modder.

Most console players want mods on ps4/xbox. Look, if you want mods get a pc. Modders who make mods for free will not go the extra 20 miles to convert their mods onto a platform they don’t even use. Honestly, if anyone is going to do it, it will be the devs. There’s reasons why Modders in general don’t even care about getting their mods on console. Some of the reasons are that the coding format are way different then pc. Now most of you are reading this and saying that fs17 has mods. Look mudrunner ain’t fs17 and the modders here don’t get paid ( that I know of). So for the love of god, please stop begging the community to get console mods, when really you could just buy a pc.

I’m out.
-Risky

@riskywisky For starters risky it's not even possible at all to put mods on consoles so it has nothing to do with the modders not wanting to or not wanting to go the extra 20 miles to do it because if it could be done you can't speak for all of the modders I'm sure some of us would in fact put our mods on consoles I know myself and @Forces would, And not only that the console players are not asking the modders to do it they have been asking the devs to allow it.

last edited by SmarOneNine

@smaronenine said in Regarding Console Mods:

@riskywisky For starters risky it's not even possible at all to put mods on consoles so it has nothing to do with the modders not wanting to or not wanting to go the extra 20 miles to do it because if it could be done you can't speak for all of the modders I'm sure some of us would in fact put our mods on consoles I know myself and @Forces would, And not only that the console players are not asking the modders to do it they have been asking the devs to allow it.

Yup. Best to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

I have personally recommended the game to friends with the anticipation of mods on console, and have since apologized for apparently leading them down the garden path...

at least no one on my team ain’t doin it.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

@countonvine most Modders Will not convert there mods to console! Easy as that people. Buy a Computer instead of modders doing more work for no money.

It’s almost impossible to get mods on console btw

last edited by RiskyWisky

@riskywisky said in Regarding Console Mods:

@countonvine most Modders Will not convert there mods to console! Easy as that people. Buy a Computer instead of modders doing more work for no money.

It’s almost impossible to get mods on console btw

Stop talking like you speak for all modders @RiskyWisky
I would not have an issue porting any of my mods to console, nor would a lot of others as you've been told in other threads.

Bullsh*t. Start a poll (if you can) and I bet you'd be surprised how many of us would love to help the console community get as much enjoyment from this game as those of us lucky enough to have it on PC.

@riskywisky stop telling everyone to buy a PC.

Buying a PC to play this game with mods is a shitty investment, if your car blew a tire you wouldn't go buy a different car to fix the problem, you would buy a different tire.

Just because your a PC shill and a lazy ass does not mean the whole modding community is just like you.

plenty of FS17 PC mods made it onto consoles sunshine... no ones gonna miss your work on consoles I can assure you 😉

last edited by Countonvine

@countonvine Well Said, And Hey My Mods and Maps would be on Console Tomorrow if they would Allow it or Make it happen, Yes I am a PC gamer but I'm also hardcore Xbox One gamer as well, Sometimes I enjoy kicking back in the recliner with the 55-inch tv over sitting at my PC set up.

@smaronenine, Did ya ever do Nintendo and Mario Carts? Back in the 90's when it was popular, I had a Sega and used to golf on it. I had 3 or 4 other games too, one was Donkey Kong Country I paid 68 bucks for and finished in 8 hours. DOH! I also had RoadRash. Cool game too.

Anyway, I seen Mario Carts and traded the sega and all 4 games for the Nintendo and Mario Carts. That was my all time favorite game. hehehe 🙂 I used to sit around with my apt. neighbors, 3 of em along with dudes brother, and play that game for hours while drinking Miller Highlife. lol Fun times man.

@smaronenine
thank you and like with the modders that put forth content on fs17 I'd be happy to support you in any way I can when mods on mudrunner become a reality for consoles 🙂

I get that a lot of work goes into mods, I used to be into PC modding a lot more until 2013/2014, but these days I have a lot less time to mess around with settings etc to get things working smoothly, I am by no means a shill for any console or PC, I just have to rely on what's most convenient for my schedule and right now consoles fit those needs, the games are great and the expansion of modding on consoles is only offering a better experience for me and a wider audience for you to grow your fan base and support bubble, exciting times indeed for gaming when you look at the potential.

I don't consider myself a "Modder" I've only made 2 maps (and started a truck), but if it were possible I would love to share them with the console crowd.
I think when RiskyWhisky said "most modders" he meant just himself.