First Custom MR Map?

Heyo I ''finished'' my map but got no testers, so here you all go, decided to make a new thread for people to post complaints or suggestions for the map!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p74z7m7a9i6x2t3/smugglers valley.rar?dl=0

And yes I know of the Typo, it will be fixed if I ever update the map.
Youtube Video

last edited by Kent_BoBo

@kent_bobo, Thanks for the map Kent. I'll be trying this asap.

EDIT: Cool map. I just tried it and had no problems on it.

last edited by Tattoo

Does this go right into the zip. That's how I've been installing mine

This post is deleted!

@roughrider, I load maps thru the config.xml. This way there is no extracting stuff or making a media folder or adding to the media.zip. I made a folder for maps, I use aMaps, and place the maps in there. But I DO change the actual download to take all the folders out of the media folder so they're all by themselves. So this map just has the levels folder in the .zip. Then I use this code and place it at the bottom like my gearshift. I find this a lot easier to manage things so everything has it's own spot and not all mixed up in the media folder.

<MediaPath Path="aMaps/Smuggelers Valley.zip" DoPrepend="true" />

I do mods like this too.

last edited by Tattoo

@tattoo said in First Custom MR Map?:

@roughrider, I load maps thru the config.xml. This way there is no extracting stuff or making a media folder or adding to the media.zip. I made a folder for maps, I use aMaps, and place the maps in there. But I DO change the actual download to take all the folders out of the media folder so they're all by themselves. So this map just has the levels folder in the .zip. Then I use this code and place it at the bottom like my gearshift. I find this a lot easier to manage things so everything has it's own spot and not all mixed up in the media folder.

<MediaPath Path="aMaps/Smuggelers Valley.zip" DoPrepend="true" />

I do mods like this too.

Interesting never heard of that method before , tutorial vid?

@smaronenine>

Interesting never heard of that method before , tutorial vid?

No, freeman showed me this long time ago and been doing it ever since.

I would love a tutorial on this method as well @Tattoo

good map so far on the first half of it keep up the good work

@tattoo Does that mean your multiplayer works?
I assume not.

@roughrider said in First Custom MR Map?:

@tattoo Does that mean your multiplayer works?
I assume not.

Yes and I can load the map in MP as well.

@tattoo Did not work for me. I get the files differ from package error

Here is a little update, was testing it out with a friend today and the main river was a little to hard for the 'ol C260, also I fixed the name.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sqg8wekc9rtlq5n/smugglers valley.rar?dl=0

@roughrider said in First Custom MR Map?:

@tattoo Did not work for me. I get the files differ from package error

Yes, I just tried it with Blackwater Canyon and because of the costum objects, it didn't work in MP. Sorry, didn't know as I never did it for MP. I just did it SP. Sux it doesn't work cuz I like doing it like that. Sorry.

@kent_bobo, Sweet. I'll check it out soon. Thank you.

last edited by Tattoo

i use spintiremod 1.5.4 with mudrunner and i made a media folder in mudrunner directory and add media to config.xml so i can play blackwater and other map that have custom object in multiplayer

last edited by dan4762

All i did was open the config , enter <MediaPath Path="Media" />
then created a media folder , and i install them the same way as i did on spintires , drag and drop in the new media folder.
works fine....but i havent figured out the multiplayer yet.

last edited by A Former User

@smaronenine said in First Custom MR Map?:

All i did was open the config , enter <MediaPath Path="Media" />
then created a media folder , and i install them the same way as i did on spintires , drag and drop in the new media folder.
works fine....but i havent figured out the multiplayer yet.

Spun and them got em working. Ask him. He should be able to tell you how to do it.

I just moved the files directly into media.zip levels. was playing multiplayer on it yesterday.
I'm also pretty sure Smar's way works too.

@kent_bobo said in First Custom MR Map?:

I just moved the files directly into media.zip levels. was playing multiplayer on it yesterday.
I'm also pretty sure Smar's way works too.

Yes, this map works fine but when it has custom objects is when they don't work.