Two Minute Turns For Xbone

I didn't see this as a topic of discussion anywhere else on the Xbox One page. It was addressed a little bit on this week's Blood on the Box talk show. I personally think that having two minute turns on Xbox would really help with getting more games in. I know for me, if I want to play two games an evening it is a three hour commitment. It normally takes me 10-15 minutes to find a match, and anywhere from 65-75 minutes to play a full match. My longest match so far this season was 104 minutes! I just wanted to get everyone else's opinion on this matter. However, playoff matches should remain at three minutes turns.

Personally I feel 2 minute turns would be too quick for newer players, and we want to put off as few people as possible from playing champs. I know they've had success with it on PS4 though so it's tricky...

personally I prefer the 3minute turns, not needed the majority of the time but sometimes really need the 3min. Ideally would have 4min in playoffs or at least the final 😉 would give time to foul that wardancer!!

BB2 Champion Ladder Admin Team

I definitely value the three minutes. I don’t always use it by any means, but for non veteran players I think it is invaluable to have the extra time.

I prefer three minute turns. As with the folks above, not because I expect to take three minutes every turn, but because when the position is complicated, when I have to map out a few chain pushes, and its a vital turn so I have to decide who HAS to move where and who I want to have available after, say a blitz, which dodge NEEDS to work, etc, etc, etc, I tend to use every bit of the three minutes getting my turn order sorted in my head and then getting it carried through. As I said, not every turn by any stretch, but, in a good, close game, probably 2-4 turns total are like that. I know I tend to play a little slower than most, and seem to have more available time than most, but I would certainly feel those 2 minute timers in the above type situations.

BB2 Champion Ladder Admin Team

Prefer 3 minutes, but wouldn’t mind 2 minutes to try to get more games played. The reality is, that even with 3 minute Turns, most Turns are still being completed in 1 1/2 minutes...

Problem on the XBox right now isn’t playing more games, it getting more Coaches; 2 minute turns is likely a turnoff for newer coaches... Also, I likely wouldn’t play with Vampires on 2-minute Turns, as they certainly take a bit longer to get sorted-out than the other Races...

Not sure if it’s possible but how about a compromise. Swap to 2 minute turns but introduce a time bank say 5 min for the entire match. 90% of the time I’m done by 2 minutes but for any crucial turns I could use the full 2 and then eat into the remaining time in the bank.

I Personally like and pefer 3 minute turns myself, but I want to play more games and I want more games played in champs and I feel 2 minute turns could help with this. I'd like to see two minute turns in Xbox champs ladder

@bazooka25 said in Two Minute Turns For Xbone:

Not sure if it’s possible but how about a compromise. Swap to 2 minute turns but introduce a time bank say 5 min for the entire match. 90% of the time I’m done by 2 minutes but for any crucial turns I could use the full 2 and then eat into the remaining time in the bank.

agreed timebank would be the best way forward!!

The thing is a timebank is a fundamental change to the way the game works. It would require developer time and patching. Switching to two minutes can be done already in game by an admin if that's what we want to do.

I'd be happy for season 11 to trial 2 minutes, at least we'd have something to compare against rather than speculation.

2 minute turns all the way for me! I laid down my case during Bernie Buffon's twitchcast but I think it's the way forward for this competition...Clearly there will be coaches that don't like it, so I guess the only real way to see if it has legs/popularity is to trial it.

One minute turns!!!
Are we men?!?! Are we?

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.