Errors when map editing - Is there a way to use the 32bit version still?

Hi,
Just discovered map editing a few days ago, loving it! (much more satisfying than beamng!)
Am i posting on the right forum!?

It seems the new editor (maybe also the old one) gives me errors when loading my levels.
"Cannot open file prebuild\common\occlusion_house.tga
at C;\dev\sources\combine\resourcesdx9.inl,51" etc... approx 8 files - do not show again etc.

Also when zooming out to see the whole map. Which I do unintentionally alot.
I get errors (that I have to restart the editor) Something about lod (level of detail?)

Is there a way to run the old editor? Maybe a switch in a shortcut or something.
Even when running the old exe file it still runs the 64 bit version. (unless im missing something)

I was really enjoying the map editing til this! 😞

Issue solved! hahaha cheers!

How did you fix this issue, i can not seem to get this to work

I'm having a ton of things not going right with the map editor. This is only one of the probably 30 errors it has. It was sort of working to the point where I put 30 hours of struggling through the errors it has to build a corder of the map I'd like to build and it all of a sudden no longer loaded to test in proving grounds of the game. Proving Grounds error said it was either broken or an older version. Then the editor started saying the same thing and "please remake the level".

So I uninstalled e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g! : Both Mudrunner and the original Spintires games, both the mudrunner and spintires editors, and to be sure everything was gone and I was starting fresh I deleted what was left over of them in steamapps. I also deleted the appdata folders.

The only thing I didn't do to compeltely get rid of everything is dig through the registry to delete any keys I could find.

Now, even after reinstalling 5 times, the editor won't even start a map because it can't find grass.xml or mud_something.tga (a texture file for mud). Go figure..."mudrunner" can't find mud.

@leef, please note; the original poster posted this thread over 2 years ago. It's old. They're probably not playing anymroe. Hopefully someone else has the answer tho!

@Arel3 said in Errors when map editing - Is there a way to use the 32bit version still?:

Now, even after reinstalling 5 times, the editor won't even start a map because it can't find grass.xml or mud_something.tga (a texture file for mud). Go figure..."mudrunner" can't find mud.

After reinstalling, did you "Install Game Media" in Settings⇒Paths?

@Chris-Nelson said in Errors when map editing - Is there a way to use the 32bit version still?:

After reinstalling, did you "Install Game Media" in Settings⇒Paths?

Of course I installed game media. It would be missing more than 2 files if I didn't install it correctly...............

It finally worked....well mostly...the 18th time I re-installed. Now it's only complaining about not being able to find hmoffset_dirt_slope__s.tga and that file exists in the same directory it was complaining about not finding other files before. <smh>

hmoffset_dirt_slope__s.tga exists but not where the editor is looking for it and there doesn't seem to be a way for a user to fix this one error that's left. At least I hope it's the only error left.