Closed Beta review from a tester

Hello, I'm going to post here everything I can say about the game's state. What are the problems that bother me, some ideas/suggestions, what I like about the game, what I feel has to be added ASAP etc... (PC specs are at end of post)

• The main menu is simple and clean, very atmospheric, very cool. Puts you in the mood as soon as you enter in it.
    ----> Needs music volume setting even though I like the music and the volume is not too high.
    ----> More animations for the character we can see in the main menu, more random stuff he can do. Maybe random moods every login like you launch the game once the character waits, the second time you launch it he wiil play the guitar near him, etc...
    ----> Matchmaking status (number of players, status of the search...) should be more visible ASAP
    ----> Optimize/cap the main menu usage. My GPU is rendering the main menu at 200+ FPS and uses 100% of its resources while I don't need such frames for a menu (I have V-Sync OFF). ASAP

• Game settings are simple and easy to set up. Needs more options and better quality of life.
    ----> FOV slider ASAP
    ----> More graphical options
    ----> Raw imput option
    ----> Toggable aim, sprint & crouch. Aiming/sprinting/crouching by just clicking the hotkey instead of keeping it pressed.
    ----> Improve the usability of the mouse sens slider
    ----> Toggable FPS counter and FPS cap (60, 120, 144)
    ----> Different scopes sensitivities. ASAP
    ----> Colors (green, orange, red) for in-game ping status

• In-game atmosphere is dope. The game has lots of potential.
    ----> More mutants/wolves would be cool. Not too many though, just a bit more. Didn't come accross many wolves during games. ASAP
    ----> Nerf wolves, they attack to fast and jump over you, it's really hard to kill them. Wolves running/mobing sounds are inexistant. ASAP

• In-game performance is pretty bad to be honest BUT it can be fixed, game has potential (see below). Lots of FPS drops, freezes, micro-stutters... no crash for now.
    ----> Looks like the performance issues are server-side. Performance is getting better and better (less freezes, FPS drops...) the less players remain. OPTIMIZATION ASAP
    ----> Client-side performance is good but can be better. Getting 80 FPS average on Low settings (PC specs at end of post) 1080p without V-Sync. Needs a bit more optimization for this part but it's alright for now.
    ----> When there is not many freezes and drops, game feels reeeaaaally smooth. Like the aim is really predictable, everything feels responsive. Just optimize what I'm writing in this paragraph.
    ----> Still some freezes during parachuting ASAP
    ----> Getting out of the helicopter only works with "F" even though I binded it to "E". Maybe a bug. ASAP
    ----> Graphics look cool.

• In-game experience needs some work.
    ----> Weapon balance. Weapons need more recoil overall and a bit more damage for certain weapons. Shotguns are weak (maybe desync not counting shots). More damage for all weapons would be great. ASAP
    ----> Better mangement of item-switching. Switching from weapons to consumables is a pain. ASAP
    ----> Bigger inventory UI
    ----> Map legend (orange areas, striped areas...) ASAP
    ----> SOUND EFFECTS AND CUES !!! Too much spatialisation for your own footsteps sounds > Got surprised during the first game, I thought there was someone on the side but it was my footsteps. Add melee combat sounds. Add door interaction sounds. Gun sounds when you shoot are not deep enough, when you shoot, it sounds like you're shooting everywhere but outside. It kills the immersion. Add enemy footsteps or make them louder BIG ASAP
    ----> Item description is neat.
    ----> Vehicles need more work. More initial speed/acceleration would be nice, reducing chance of getting killed easily while jumping in a vehicle. Handling needs more work as well.
    ----> Add prone stance. ASAP
    ----> Make Storm more aggressive during end of match so people don't spend minutes healing up before the last guy tries to climb the rope. ASAP
    ----> ADD VAULTING. BIG ASAP

That's all I can say for now. I need to test a bit more I guess. Overall the game is nice, there is A LOT of potential but first it needs a lot of work. I hope you read my post and will give you ideas, motivation or anything useful.

PC Specs: Windows 10 64 bit Family - AMD FX-8350 @4GHz - MSi 970 Gaming Motherboard - 4x2Gb DDR3RAM @1333MHz - MSi GTX 1080 Gaming X - Game is installed on HDD 7200rpm - Temps are fine during gameplay

last edited by Swoopflye

I have also bound deploying to E with the same issue it only ever allows for the F key to function.

If there is anything in this post I couldnt agree with more it's the sounds. Seriously for a game with such an exciting trailer the sounds are very bland and boring. i mean there's not even a "wind" sound when skydiving?! I shouldnt be praying for the worste weather possible just to not hear so much atmospheric silence. that being said I do like the attention the detail in movement sounds. as you run your footsteps and gear shaking volume increase but, I agree WAY to much spatialization.

VAULTING! jesus christ VAULTING! A MILLION TIMES OVER VAULTING!!!!

last edited by unabominatio

Thanks for the support. I hope the devs work on these problems right now and get them fixed ASAP.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.