Help me calculate this?

I just made 32 mighty blow blocks (enemy players fell down 32 times) and caused only 1 inj. All opponent players were armor 7.

I want to know the average injures after this 32 blocks, and the % chance for only causing 1 injury.

Anybody?

In the stats after the game. Succesful blocks are all blocks not resulting in my players falling down? or all blocks were enemy fall downs and my players dont also fall...

last edited by Hotdogchef
BB2 Champion Ladder Admin Team

1 injury or 1 casualty? How many armour breaks were there?

@hotdogchef said in Help me calculate this?:

I want to know the average injures after this 33 blocks, and the % chance for only causing 1 injury.

The probability of getting only 1 casualty in 32 successful MB blocks against AV 7 is 3.8%. The average number you'd expect to see is about 5 (4.6).

Well I knew I was unlucky... and now I got like 20% of the results I should have had... really frustrating.

Well I knew I was unlucky... and now I got like 20% of the results I should have had... really frustrating.

Not "should have had".. that's just the average number we'd expect across an infinite number of repetitions. The idea that you "should have" gotten a certain number is the main issue people have with their understanding of randomness.

Now try to track this stat for, say, 20 your next matches. I wonder, what will you see.. The problem with this all is that if you would have caused, say, 5 injs, or even 10 injs, and would win this match, odds are you would have never created this thread to complain about "strange dices" and bad luck. You would sleep calmly this night smiling to how awesome you are.

last edited by Mori-Mori

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.