Easy way to improve AI

I know that it is difficult to make a perfect AI, but I have a few ideas to improve playing against the AI.

1. When creating a league with AI teams, make it possible to choose TV of the team (this should be very simple, right now the server generates a team with the same TV as the player, so ...)

2. Make a "Great Sponsor" option for AI teams. The teams with "Great Sponsor" gets bonus inducements and is given 2D6 for winnings after the match (This is not in the rules, but many games gives this kind of bonuses because the AI is not as good as humans)

3. Make a "Inspiring Coach" option for AI teams. The teams with "Inspiring Coach" gets a bonus MVP (or 2?) after each match. (This is not in the rules, but many games gives this kind of bonuses because the AI is not as good as humans)

And finally an add-on to the AI algoritm.

1. Every AI team should get a "Risk" stat (perhaps hidden). This "Risk" stat should indicate how much risk the AI has in its playing style.
    At the start of every turn the AI should find 5? different ways to score. Then it should calculate the probability of scoring. If any of the probabilities is 1 - go ahead and score!! If non of these probabilities are 1, then the AI should compare the probability with its "Risk". If the probability is higher than the "Risk" then the AI should perform all no-risk strategic positioning and then go for it.
    If non of the probabilities are high enough, then the AI should carry on as normal.

2. If it is turn 8/16 the AI should always go for the best shot at scoring.

3. In turn 7/15 the AI priorities strategic no-risk movement, that places at least one player, with an opportunity to score in the next turn.

I believe that 4) to 6) could improve the AI and/or make it more interesting to play against.

I hope that you, Netheos, will comment on the possibilities of making these changes and if Cyanide will do so as part of the patches to come.

When Blood Bowl 2 came out, we where told that the public would get acces to modify the AI - What happened to that??

@danefield said in Easy way to improve AI:

When Blood Bowl 2 came out, we where told that the public would get acces to modify the AI - What happened to that??

Did they promise it, really? Can you provide a link to this statement? Doesn't sound like Cyanide (no offense intended 😉 )

The toolbox we’re working with allows us to be much more reactive in developing believable behavior, by constantly improving the AI reactions based on our test team results. Potentially, this same toolbox would allow us, post-game release, to open the AI scripting to the community.

I think that's all there ever was (from an ancient developer blog on tumblr http://bloodbowlgame.tumblr.com/).

They did mention it on the old forum.

I'd like to be able to edit AI teams added into my leagues... from everything you mentioned to team name, colors, players, etc.

Also, AI teams should automatically accept tickets... it sucks that I have to make a new AI to sub for an AI that actually made playoffs by winning a ticket for being the top 2 of one of my competitions.

@myrik_justiciar said in Easy way to improve AI:

I'd like to be able to edit AI teams added into my leagues... from everything you mentioned to team name, colors, players, etc.

+1

Also, AI teams should automatically accept tickets... it sucks that I have to make a new AI to sub for an AI that actually made playoffs by winning a ticket for being the top 2 of one of my competitions.

HUGE +1!!!

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.