Regarding Console Mods

As an XBOX One user I'm curious to understand what is half-assed about the console release? It looks pretty complete to me. Far better than some other games out there costing more than 30-40 quid.Is it the fact that there are no mods yet/ever? By that analogy almost any game for a console is half-assed.

Have you guys got all the achievements yet? If not, then IMHO a game shouldn't be classed as dead if you haven't beaten everything it has to offer.

Some games are PS4 exclusive and I would like to play them. I can't unless I buy a PS4. I cannot afford that luxury, so I accept the fact. If console players want mods then go and buy a PC... or accept the fact that there will not be mods (most likely DLCs though!).

Coming out with the game before throwing any pickups or real add-ons for vehicles are risky, especially when more than half of the people that bought this game for console thought they were going to get more content and not have to wait for it after the game came out. That's pretty half ass to me.

I have completed everything. All im saying is the devs obviously saw how the pc community played and responded to there previous game. They should've waited to release the mudrunner, They wouldnt have all this hate.

And your right difflock I should just shut up and get a pc already lol

Hehe! Anyhow congrats on completing everything. 🕶

@mike-flanagan first off fs17 is owned by giants and published by focus. Secondly Fs had 13 and 15 out on console without mods. 17 is the first ever for that. So just be patient I'm sure it will come

@redwoodsmith I think I played it in every scenario,. platinum on 5/11/2017, all cards in one star, many multiplayer games. mods are possible since other games are there.

this game works like fs17, it takes novelty constantly. personally I do not specifically ask for new vehicles but rather new cards. they could already give us the old spintire cards 1 which should be less complicated to convert on console than to create new ones.

I've been in software development and design for 20+ years, not games but corporate utilized applications. When I was younger I thought about how I would love to get into game development but that didn't turn out to be my path but to be honest I think I'm glad that it wasn't. It constantly upsets me to see negative whining posts for good (games & apps regardeless of platform) where people received a good product. (Sure there is crap out there in the world but this certainly is not.) Most people haven't the slightest clue around all involved in programming anything basic and simple to work. ("Hello word") Let alone something so complex and dynamic accounting for many aspects. Just a few to be brief here would be all the design, programming, testing ect for the many various environmental and vehicle physics. On top, all of it reacting to dynamic user input for so many various outcomes. Goodness, remember these are human beings not robots. There has never been nor will there ever be a perfect (game/app) released day one, regardless of the amount of staff or size of the company, there will always be room for improvements/fixes. In general, even all major corporations, Microsoft, Apple, Samsung, Car Manufacturers ect.. all have issues needing updates, fixes, recalls ect. I realize many posting negative things or just thinking they deserve the world for $20-$60 bucks just haven't grown up yet. They haven't lived in the real world, reach that age where they have to step away from their gaming and actually have to get a job and work towards a career and pay the bill's themselves. When they'll have to get dirty and work hard, tiring long hours late into the night, only to get home early in the morning, sleep a few hours until your

• list itemback at it again the next day, day after day. Can't wait to see some of them go in to buy their first car.. "What do you mean I have to pay extra for options?" "What, all the cool stripes, mufflers (fart pipes) and other accessories, I have to pay extra for, well, why the hell don't they just give that to us?" ... Well, that's just not the way the real world works Timmy. People deserve to get paid for their hard work because the business has to keep running, workers need to get paid, utilities for the business need to get paid and people deserve the satisfaction that they earned something for their hard work and can pay their own bills and feed their family.... So, in closing I commend and thank the development team for their hard work in producing something I fully enjoy. I don't just try to finish it as fast as I can (10 hours someone said, really, I call BS).. I actually take extra time to appreciate the world they worked hard to provide and not just play the game but take time to appreciate the scenery, the sounds, the physics of even the little things.. because I can appreciate the hard work and effort taken to create it all. Don't take all that you see and experience for granted like you look out your window where the world is just there. Maybe take a week and only play Pong (if you know what that is) and then come back after that week to see if you take more time and appreciate and value things more. 🙂

I believe that a way you could bring spintires mudrunner mods to console is by creating a app on the xbox or ps4. On this app is where people who create mods would upload them to. Furhtermor the console player could go on that app and then add the mods they want to there game. This coul be modded vehicles or maps.

In conclusion i believe this would be an amazing way to implement mods onto console. I would love to hear what you think.

Maybe mudrunner 2 will have mods. Here's hoping at least.

it's more of an issue of including them into the console infrastructure, which is more of a microsoft/sony/nintendo problem than a mudrunner 2 problem.
maybe one day they will include some kind of "workshop" system into their networks, but there's obviously still the problem of preventing mods from doing stuff they're not supposed to, like crashing systems, overwriting files etc.

@hydrowasul and while doing it like Skyrim/fallout or farmsim works, saber would have a hard time due to the small number of employees

For starters, trucks and map code are in a file format called .xml, and the mesh (model) is a .X file format. From what I’ve read and heard, it is very hard to convert those file formats to both Xbox and ps4 in the shortest possible time. Just to keep in mind, the stock trucks code and the model is literally **perfect ** and most people’s mods with code and trailers have flaws. So me (as a person) cannot even imagine trying to convert mods over to 2 different platforms. Also, most people have PCs that can run a 600,000 poly model (almost every single one of my trucks and banksys trucks are around that poly count area.

By the way, Tomcat is not a developer. He has nothing that he knows about the game, so that whole video was clickbait.

Who knows if they will add console mods? Just wanted to drop in on why consoles don’t have mods.

i am wondering if people have forgotten that this game was designed to run on the simplest of machines. now true you would not be running on top setting and graphics, but it is playable. also with the cost of a lower PC that should put things close to a new console, but upgradeable down the road with better hardware.

i have always said i feel for you console fellas and i really do, but i have also asked just where it was said that made people think console was getting mods. which is a question i have asked since release, but yet no one has ever answered. why? because they never said console was to get mods. now i do believe they are looking into it finally, but idk, i do not work for the company either so.....lol

best we (aka you fellas) can hope for is they implement mods for console at some point, but yet wait there is more....
who decides what mods to put into console? all of them? also what if a content creator does not want their mods on console? then what?

@riskywisky said in Regarding Console Mods:

For starters, trucks and map code are in a file format called .xml, and the mesh (model) is a .X file format. From what I’ve read and heard, it is very hard to convert those file formats to both Xbox and ps4 in the shortest possible time. Just to keep in mind, the stock trucks code and the model is literally **perfect ** and most people’s mods with code and trailers have flaws. So me (as a person) cannot even imagine trying to convert mods over to 2 different platforms. Also, most people have PCs that can run a 600,000 poly model (almost every single one of my trucks and banksys trucks are around that poly count area.

By the way, Tomcat is not a developer. He has nothing that he knows about the game, so that whole video was clickbait.

Who knows if they will add console mods? Just wanted to drop in on why consoles don’t have mods.

Maybe Mudrunner 2 will be developed with console mods in mind and make conversion easier?

Well we can at least be sure that Focus know everyones opinions on the subject 😉

Regardless of this, we have to bear in mind that the game that was originally released for PC is not the game that exists or people want today.

Each and every hardware platform has it's peculiarities, not just with performance, but more critically, with deployment architecture.

I can created a piece of code with an open API and tell the world to help themselves. Anyone with an internet connection can create and upload any kind of content, licensed or unlicensed, and make it available to anyone else with an internet connection. That's your PC modding scenario.

Now try and release that same piece of code onto hardware and a software delivery platform owned by Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo. Do I really need to say more?

If I do, consider that now that content needs to be managed, reviewed, approved, (possibly) licensed (requiring in further review and approval from the owner, hence no Jeeps unless Jeep want Jeeps), paid for (yes licensing costs money for which there is no guarantee of return on investment), submitted, deployed, etc. And this process is likely different for each platform.

So yes, modding 'may be' technically feasible. This isn't the issue.

The issue is that the reality of implementing modding capability is at the very least, not something that was considered for a multi platform deployment in the original code base and will need to be totally rethought and designed. Even then, the scope of what can and can't be achieved in modding is likely constrained by what the platform owners allow or require and even the smallest amount of work would result in a management resource overhead that the game developer may not consider provides an adequate return on investment to make it worthwhile.

I would like to see an effort go into the availability of extensibility for community created maps (using original textures and models) and challenges, but would be able to understand if the availability of vehicles or custom textures would need to go through a review process before being made available for download (i.e. Focus can't allow Jeeps to be available if Jeep don't allow Jeeps to be available. Similarly a beautiful custom created Coke sign on the side of a garage in a map may not be accepted by Coke and therefore Sony/Microsoft, regardless of whether or not it makes the game more fun for us.

last edited by zoglet

Im not here to seem mad like everyone here about console mods but saber interactive you do realize that mod would cheer up everyone in the console community. Im personally a xbox one player and would enjoy mods and i do understand that you said mods maybe will be coming in the long run and i do understand that it takes a bit to get this kinda stuff to work properly and for it to get polished for us players but its been 2 years since you've made this post. Im not saying "hurry it up saber" but please just let us know when mods are close to coming out.

Not trying to start any riots what so ever here, but since the dawn of gaming it has been this way. People on pc mod the game, while console players gets a vanilla copy.

@riskywisky I just hope there is a ton of vehicles in mr2 and you don't finish the game in 5 days

@riskywisky maybe mudrunner 2 will follow Skyrim se, fallout 4, farm sim 17/19. Here's hoping anyway lol not like my voice will sway the devs