Matchmaking new season

Are u going to fix this broken matchmaking??

I dont think that someone want to play against a team with 400k +/- TV. If u are the higher one, there is no challenge, there is no fun (maybe for bad players). And if u are the lower one, more that u cant concede is a so fu***ing hour of a boring game being beaten.

Maybe do a checkbox if you dont want this broad difference of TV, im sure that we are majority of ppl that want/prefer to wait 10 minutes in the mm queue than playing against with 400k more than you.

And yes, my last 4 plays were against teams with 400k more than me. It makes to any casual player stop playing it. 4 days of stupid matches, do you think that ppl will comeback the 5th day for more?

Fix it -> ppl will back for playing more -> shorter queue -> less need of 400k tv difference.

last edited by Undume

I agree Undume.

I rather wait 30 min to get a normal matchmaking. TV 400+ team has a huge advantage. The inducement system is bad, really bad...

Yes I believe you, it kills the fun and interest for the game with such big differences. I feel it too.

BB2 Champion Ladder Admin Team

For reference, Undume and I had a chat via PM. His last 4 opponents were not 400+TV difference but 140, 230, 40 and 380. His complaint was about 150TV differences but he was unable to edit the post (presumably due to the spam filters - I've had the same issue).

Thing is, TV differences don't make as much difference as people assume: http://www.nufflytics.com/post/the-value-of-tv/

That's not to say they don't make a difference, but that the difference (particularly at 150TV) isn't as big as people imagine.

That said, I do think there is value in giving rookie team protection to limit the max TV difference a rookie team can face. I've asked Cyanide but heard nothing since.

@dode74 said in Matchmaking new season:

His last 4 opponents were not 400+TV difference but 140, 230, 40 and 380. His complaint was about 150TV differences but he was unable to edit the post (presumably due to the spam filters - I've had the same issue).

Not sure what to mind about occasional 400TV difference. I would use it to buy a couple of bribes and have a lot of wicked fun on the pitch :3 Still would have enough left for babes + extra apo, or for wizard/Star if I would feel like winning it no matter what. I would not mind 700TV diff from time to time as well, would make for a spectacular match with a lot of mischief and Star Players' bs.

last edited by Mori-Mori

Mori-mori... do you know why having a huge TV advantage creates such inbalance? You sure fit the «happy go lucky» format... eykeesss..

@mori-mori said in Matchmaking new season:

Not sure what to mind about occasional 400TV difference.[...].

This depends on your motivation for playing the game. If you just play it for fun and don't care so much about winning, then yes, the matches with a high TV-differences wouldn't be a problem. However, coaches who are also interested in their overall ranking (which is not uncommon in CCL), can rightfully get frustrated, when they have to fight uphill battles and yes matches in which they are in a TV-disadvantage are often such uphill battles. Same goes with coaches, who want to develop their team, since the higher developed teams often have more tools to damage their team.

Personally, I am not really happy with the ranking/matchmaking in CCL either, it is just so dependent on the opponents which you get (especially with the introduction of the lower-tier-teams). The best example of what I mean would probably be the amazon-coach, who prays every time that he won't get matched against a dwarf. Unfortunately, I don't see really the perfect solution for it: In terms of matchmaking, the player base seems to be too small to guarantee a good match-up all the time and in terms of ranking: It would need a perfect elo-like system to tackle these issues, but as far as I know, this doesn't exist and I doubt, that it can't be easily created. So I guess the system we have, is almost the best we can get with the tools available

But hey: I still like the game and I will still continue playing it, I will just wait for the next season before I go back to it =).

@dode74 said in Matchmaking new season:

[...] (presumably due to the spam filters - I've had the same issue).

Just write an additional sentence at the end of a post to make it acceptable for the spam-filter

last edited by Arne

@hotdogchef said in Matchmaking new season:

Mori-mori... do you know why having a huge TV advantage creates such inbalance? You sure fit the «happy go lucky» format... eykeesss..

I don't care that much of "balance" and "fairness". As @Arne correctly noted, I don't try to achieve something in BB except of fun. And from the fun's standpoint occasional matches where I play uphill with a big TV diff is a good thing as it gives me a lot of inducement money to buy a lot of fun stuff and try things I usually don't have access to (some Stars with interesting skills, more blatant fouling etc). And btw, "big TV diff" is 300-400+, everything lower than that is not that big problem. Actually, many competitive coaches deliberately reduce their TV to have 100-150k of difference, to get some inducements.

last edited by Mori-Mori

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.