Beta now closed - Returns Monday 16 July
Community Manager

Hi everyone,

Fear The Wolves' Closed Beta will close today in a few hours (7PM CEST).

Thanks to all of you who joined the hundreds of games played in the last days and posted in our Official Forums and Discord. This was the very first time we opened Fear The Wolves up to thousands of players and we're happy to have received such a massive amount of feedback and reports.

As for any first test on a very large scale, it wasn't as smooth as we'd like the game to be for everyone, and we're sorry for those of you who suffered from technical issues. But that's the goal of any Beta and we now have a good idea of what you like in our take on the Battle Royale genre, and what needs more work!

0_1531487422334_FTW_capsule_main.jpg

The extraction system, the wolves and the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. vibe, among others, seem to have hit the mark and we're very excited to read that many of you liked these features.

We've worked hard this week to release daily updates for the Beta and we'll now focus our efforts on a big update addressing the largest issues you reported.

The next update includes but is not limited to fixes targeting the hit registration and early game server performance problems.

The Closed Beta will open again Monday morning, July 16th, to test the latest update and prepare the Early Access release next Wednesday.

See you Monday in the Zone,
Fear The Wolves Team

last edited by Netheos

Hi everyone,
Fear The Wolves' Closed Beta will close today in a few hours (7PM CEST).
Thanks to all of you who joined the hundreds of games played in the last days and posted in our Official Forums and Discord. This was the very first time we opened Fear The Wolves up to thousands of players and we're happy to have received such a massive amount of feedback and reports.
As for any first test on a very large scale, it wasn't as smooth as we'd like the game to be for everyone, and we're sorry for those of you who suffered from technical issues. But that's the goal of any Beta and we now have a good idea of what you like in our take on the Battle Royale genre, and what needs more work!

The extraction system, the wolves and the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. vibe, among others, seem to have hit the mark and we're very excited to read that many of you liked these features.
We've worked hard this week to release daily updates for the Beta and we'll now focus our efforts on a big update addressing the largest issues you reported.
The next update includes but is not limited to fixes targeting the hit registration and early game server performance problems.
The Closed Beta will open again Monday morning, July 16th, to test the latest update and prepare the Early Access release next Wednesday.
See you Monday in the Zone,
Fear The Wolves Team

Hi,
I just started game today for the first time and it keeps crashing all the time.
Is there is any solution for that?
Btw my PC is strong and it can handle any game so I know the issue isn't by my PC, I even set up the settings on low, still crashing.

If you find a fix let me know pls.

Thanks.

last edited by Pazuzu_Hanbi
Community Manager

@pazuzu_hanbi said in Beta now closed - Returns Monday 16 July:

Hi,
I just started game today for the first time and it keeps crashing all the time.
Is there is any solution for that?
Btw my PC is strong and it can handle any game so I know the issue isn't by weak PC, I even set up the settings on low, still crashing.

If you find a fix let me know pls.

Thanks.

Hello, thanks for your report. We're currently working on fixing these issues as soon as possible.

Dear development team, left an application for participation in the test on the site, mail and spam folder is empty, where you can still get the key? only one.

I signed up a week or so ago and would like to try the beta as well.

when will you post the change log ?

Hi, I start the game and it gives me an error, it tells me that my user is not active to play on the server ..

This game is still so broken!!! Very laggy and stuttery. When in jeeps its rubber bands so quicker to walk. The parachute still dosnt work properly when you land as you hover there for anywhere between 5-10 seconds.

This game is not ready for early access on the 18th. I highly suggest postponing the early access as it will draw a bad reputation for such a promoting game

@pazuzu_hanbi Do not toggle out of screen when you have the game open as it causes a delay for the game to show up from anywhere between 10-60 seconds. Had the same problem myself. Game is still very broken and should not be allowed into early access as it will have such a bad rep.

some time ago I signed up form beta testing, is there a chance to receive a key to test your game before buying?

@synq Thx mate, much appreciate 🙂
I do hope Devs will take more time on this game and focus on it instead releasing on this stage.
I understand everyone is excited to play it but game is not ready, of course they might do a magic before release 🙂

as I understand. many of them responded about the game that was not technically advanced. Need some kind of fix. to fix small, cosmetic not reworking the game. which deliver discomfort when playing.

I cant access the beta in the steam store. It keeps taking me to the main Fear the Wolves page. Anyone help?

Well, probably on the forum more than once mentioned the problem of optimizing the game. Without lags, you can only play on the best video cards. The idea of a STALKER + Battle Royale is really interesting. I believe that optimization problems can be forgiven for the game in early access. But developers need to pay more attention to the opticisation of the game. 🙂

last edited by XenoMistic

Ok only played a few games but so far I do feel the vibe. Gives you a little more to be aware of and not just feel like your running pointlessly for miles. I didnt have any crashes. I had no problem alt-tabbing full screen with dual monitors. I have a 980ti and just had to lower the 3d scale a bit to hit 100+ fps. Still has stuttering and laggy feel which may be more server sided. Aside from that I instantly noticed the y axis is significantly lower sensitivity vs the x axis. That hopefully can be addressed quickly because scoping in is terrible. One other thing would be some type of sound settings. Its ridiculously loud. Its surely a work in progress, Not too sure its ready for any time of open access for public at all though.

How long will the beta test last ? tomorrow it will not be possible to play ?

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.