Truck Comparison

I’m having the hardest time trying to find SIMPLE comparisons of the trucks in Mudrunner. I’ve beaten all the maps on Casual, in Single Player mode, but now I’m looking to go back through on Hardcore. That will mean having to up my knowledge a little. I don’t want to have to crunch numbers and learn physics to do so though.
What I’d like is simple things like: The C255 is great at hauling small logs and small log trailers through mud, but cannot handle water or medium sized logs at all. The C375 is great at both of these things, but is horrible at moving small logs and deep mud. Things like this, would be awesome.
I played a little SpinTires on the PC, back when it first came out, for a couple weeks, but haven’t touched the title until this week, when I installed Mudrunner on XBoxOne. So, I don’t have a lot of knowledge on the vehicles, and don’t want a huge history lesson or weight lesson. Just simple notes to go by. Even a simple thing like A>G>C>Z type thing would be great.
I don’t even know which of the two scout type trucks are better. The original A-469 or the other one (forget number). Is one better for mud and the other rocks? Seems like that is the case.
Thanks for any help!!

At first, I have noticed that trucks are perform differently between casual and hardcore. For example, most notable for me that C255 is better doing at towing heavy loads (e.g. long logs) than in casual.

If you want summary I can help you with that:

• C2XX (the "KrAZ" series) are able to fit for long logs, good at mud kneading, relatively stable, best used for heavy loads. Has only "carriage with crane" loader. Powerful but rather slow - 35-40 km/h on roads. Fuel capacity 330L, in HC mode series are consume lot of fuel (c255 = 35L at max RPM, 19L average with "utility" attachment, AWD, auto gear; C260 will often show 30+L/ min, up to 40). C256 - cheap (1 star) 6x4 version of C255, fuel consumption is same with latter's AWD disengaged, pick this if you are experienced with RWD off-roading.
    So C255 is safe choice.

• "Ural" series (C4320XX, C375), more about speed (45 km/h flat top speed) and able to fit for medium logs carriage with crane, but can't get short log carriage with crane. Quite popular choice (I saw them often in multiplayer). All have 270 L fuel capacity.
    C375 and C4320 are same in numbers, but performance are slightly different due to different wheel size - latter one has higher wheels, that means better speed dynamics, but C375 (for me) is better under loads. Also C4320 is "hidden" truck and can be obtained via random map spawn.
    C432010 is basically turbocharged version of C4320 with wider wheels. Has best power/weight ratio of all C-tier trucks. Their fuel consumption onn average ("auto gear" mode with AWD) 15-17L/min with utility attachment. Main flaw I noticed about "Urals" is that they has worst stability for tilting.
    C375 is good to go, but if you have C432010 unlocked - it is fine too.

• "KamAZ" series (C4310, C65xxx). I didn't drive them too much to say its' traits. They have same attachment set as for "Urals". C4310 is, basically, C375 with wider wheels and 260L fuel tank (16L avg. at "auto"), but more stable and more chances to get "spare wheel" (even with crane).
    C65111's strength in it's 350 L fuel capacity, but it is weakest C-truck by numbers and often "overconsume" it (with 15 L avg on "auto", it struggle to sustain speed on rough road). Best as support truck without carts for long routes. Can have either cranes with short and medium carriages.
    C65115 is "Lethal Joke Truck" - flat tires, neither AWD nor Diff. Lock, has 9(!) gears and exceed 80 km/h when stripped (guaranteed to hit a tree at these speeds). "Hidden" - spawn only on "Crossing" map. Barely keep up speed under load and pitifully crawl on mud. Same attachments and consumptions as C65111.

• "ZiL" trucks (B130 and B131). In MudRunner B130 lost it's diff lock and now it just "meh" even for 1 star - better spent it on scout car or C256 (if unlocked).
    B131 is 2-star truck, consider it as "C375 Lite" - slower, weaker, smaller but it's consumption on avg is 9 L/min with 270L capacity ("utility", auto gear, AWD), never hits 20L/min mark, so with skillful power management and driving it's range may exceed that of "Ural" trucks. Attachment set same as C375, except no loaders. As for support vehicle it rather slow and it's attachment capacity is slightly less than C-trucks'.
    So if you have spare 2 stars - B131 is best choice.

• Other trucks:
    B66 rather useless especially for it's 2 star value - utility carriage (small fuel+repairs and 1 garage point), repairs (600), spare wheel, garage cart (1 gar. point). Slow, rigid but has AWD option and always diff lock on.
    K700 is worth it's 4 star value, despite only 4 attachments - main reason it's grabber that can load any carriage in one go, but rather quirky to operate or can get one of 3 carts - carriage, garage and utility. Has highest engine drowning point that grants it nickname "The Yellow Submarine".
    Nothing to say about scout cars - pick either if need one.
    D535 and D537 - powerful, but slow (25 km/h tops) 8x8 vehicles. In MudRunner they're lacking any loaders and rather limited in attachments. Able to deliver only short logs (carriage + cart), fuel - only 3200 L cistern on tractor, etc. Yet has best off-road capabilities if steering and size doesn't matter. Difference between them that D535 is "hidden", slightly shorter and weaker engine.
    E7310 - biggest vehicle in base game. Can carry medium logs on it's back plus any cart. Biggest non-trailer fuel barrel - 2200 L. Very slow. Lacks it's iconic (in ST) utility crane.

last edited by DeadWanderer

Im amazed in how much effort, time and importance you give to max speed... You will spend 50% of the time in game in 1+/auto and the other 50% in 1st gear, max speed is an useless stat.

Also for a comparison, just check the table I linked. There is no "i think..." in there, its all values from the game.

Thanks for the input guys!

I had found that spreadsheet, but found some of the info to be incorrect, so didn’t want to base my info from it. Also, since I was looking at it from my phone, I was unsure if I was seeing it wrong. Thank you for the link though!

Since this post, I’ve now beaten all the maps on Hardcore. I was expecting a much harder challenge (remembering back to SpinTires on the PC, when I played, when it came out). That’s why I originally wanted the information.

Thanks again for the info! I’m having a lot of fun playing around in MP Hardcore maps now. I really hope they add more vehicles, maps, challenges, rock crawling, attachments, and even goals.

It would be awesome to be able to be able to grade the roads, maybe even do some of the logging itself!

You cant just say that some info is incorrect... Which one is incorrect?

aww ya beat me to the yellow submarine thing

oh and the difference is major when comparing D-535 which is MAZ-535 in real life and D-537=MAZ-537 in real life if the devs done their resarch correctly the MAZ-535 has 375hp the MAZ-537 has 525 hp and then the E-7310 is a MAZ-7310 in real life and has 525hp

Sorry for the delay. The quick info I saw that was incorrect was the gears in each vehicle. I figured since those were incorrect, some other info may be as well, at least in game.

Thanks!

If you mean the gears of the 65111, thats fine. Most of trucks have 5 gears, but this one has 11 or 12, i didnt want to waste space for it since it has no interest. I was just interested in 1st and 1+, and left up to 5 just in case.

I meant the trucks in game... Most of them have 5 gears. The two super heavy have 3 and the 65111 has 11. I wasnt going to make a big table just for one useless truck.

omg... whatever, 9, 10, 11, it could literally be the most irrelevant thing in this game...