Draconus Battle Camp/Mods---Tank Stuff/Dynamic Weather/Winter/Mudrunner OverHaul

@joemama
Pretty sure the driver has narcolepsy, I catch him sleeping while driving quite often lol

@mexican_420 said in Draconus Battle Camp/Mods---Tank Stuff/Dynamic Weather/Winter/Mudrunner OverHaul:

@Draconus
@TemplarGFX
I'll point out the elephant in the room if nobody else will... What made you guys decide to release this now?
Also, I'm stupid and impatient. How long should it take for this to "kick in"? How often does it rain? I've had a truck parked for nearly 30mins just waiting and all I've seen so far is some neat ground fog, but not a drop of rain... Saw the little green particles when I honked which would imply that the mod is active, but no rain.
Is it possible that my system is such crap that the FPS-based performance adjustments are forcing the particle count to drop so low that the rain is just non-existent for me?

That was my bad! I forgot to include the instructions on how to enable the mod on the TANGO closed beta thread which was copied here.

If you are not getting any weather and you want weather, you can always disable and then re-enable the weather. It will choose a new randomisation starting point for you.

This has been released here at my insistence. I don't like making mods and not releasing them to the public and I convinced Draconus we have waited with it private for long enough.

@Draconus awsome job on the mod, keep up the good work

I have to clean up my files, because there is some glitching, but in general, I have to say it looks very nice. Very realistic stuff!
But I have one bug to report (doubt it should be feature):
Discovering a vehicle on the map makes that vehicle to use a horn. And because it hasn't running engine, it makes "red effect" and as it seems, shuts down weather 🙂 I've met it once, so it might be coincidence, but I want to tell you anyway...

@sodoma

Hi! Thanks for the feedback. this is a known bug Im working on. When I originally wrote the code for the horn, I did not know that the function was also called by vehicles when they are unlocked.

Its more of a problem than you might initially think. From the LUA files, its not actually possible to tell which vehicle is the players at any moment. only what vehicles are nearby. I do have an idea on a fix thankfully.

hey somebody make video about this reviewing everything

I would if I had a mic, would a video with text explaining it do?

@draconus Hi Draconus , first thing , thank Draconus and Templar for this mod , it's awesome !!!!! But i've a problem from time to time when it rains . Here's a screenchot so you can see what's going on . Do you have a idea to this problem ?? Thank you in advance and again amazing job guys !!!!
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1338951282

@Draconus
@TemplarGFX

First of all WOW AWESOME !!!!
Thanks a lot it's very appreciated to release this mod.

2nd....
Is this normal ?
Looks like the rain is not only falling down but also coming from the side,
I could imagine all rain would act like this with strong side wind but how it shows
in the screenshot and start of the video its normal for the rain to act like this ?
Also I have these weird (puddles ? water gathering ? white-ish something).
You can see in the video how it acts and the rain drop down or splashes on the
ground acts weird too like sometimes they are sometimes aren't or just in distance and not close around me.
Mud(chunks) are supposed to fly around like mine ? XD
0_1521765391806_index.jpg
Youtube Video

last edited by ShadowSINcere

@draconus said in Draconus Battle Camp/Mods---Tank Stuff/Dynamic Weather/Winter/Mudrunner OverHaul:

How to install :
It is best to use a Mod Manager to install this, however extract it to your games install folder to install it manually.
Note - At the moment you will need to copy the contents of the _t folder that comes with the mod into the TextureCache.zip archive located in the game install folder. (backup the original!)

It looks like you missed the install instructions at the bottom of Draconus' post. You need to copy the _t textures into your texture cache to stop the odd water build up on the ground (the engine cant handle that many, which is why it only does a small section of land) It also means your missing a few other texture fixes for mud and dirt

@ShadowSINcere
@niccan69
I think that's the rainwater pooling on the ground and running along tire ruts etc. At least the idea behind it anyway...

@shadowsincere said in Draconus Battle Camp/Mods---Tank Stuff/Dynamic Weather/Winter/Mudrunner OverHaul:

@Draconus
@TemplarGFX

First of all WOW AWESOME !!!!
Thanks a lot it's very appreciated to release this mod.

2nd....
Is this normal ?
Looks like the rain is not only falling down but also coming from the side,
I could imagine all rain would act like this with strong side wind but how it shows
in the screenshot and start of the video its normal for the rain to act like this ?

Thanks for pointing this out. its a rare scenario that I thought I had fixed. What you are seeing is a very low primary wind, with a very strong but in-line crosswind. Its not supposed to allow that scenario, the primary wind should always have the majority movement. I'll look into my code

@ShadowSINcere
@niccan69
I think that's the rainwater pooling on the ground and running along tire ruts etc. At least the idea behind it anyway...

@mexican_420

The effect is originally used in the game so that when you come out of water with your truck, the water that splashes up and onto dry land creates a splash of foam and wave patterns on the ground to simulate the water actually hitting the ground.

It runs off the same system that makes the truck wet, and that means that all the rain drops do it to the ground. the engine just can't handle the ~1/3km area 😛

@TemplarGFX

Alright thanks, manually copied the _t folder content into my TextureCache and now the splashes are working fine and no more weird build up.
Thought it would work by loading the _t folder with a mod enabler since I do that with trucks and maps too.
Mud(chunks) still fly around like crazy though but I guess it is because I'm also using this mod: http://www.mudrunnermods.com/texture-mud-on-wheels-v2-0/ ?

EDIT: after playing some time the splashes at 1st looked fine but now again the weird build up starts to happen.

@shadowsincere

Unfortunately the dirt and mud system is extremely complex and I have no idea what you could be referring to. can you provide a bit more detail as to what is weird about it?

@TemplarGFX As you can see in my video the mud(chunks) flying off the wheels are flying through all my screen it wasn't like that before, but it might be because I'm using another mod which I linked in above post.

@shadowsincere

OMG wtf is going on in your video. OK Im at work and just had a chance to watch it!

That is not possible with my mod alone, that other mod must have replaced some of the lua files. Id install my mod after his

At one point, the rain actually goes upwards! I can't even think of how thats possible lol

last edited by TemplarGFX

@TemplarGFX

Your mod/files has the highest priority in my config files so the game is reading those 1st,
but I just now noticed the other mod what I'm using has an env_mud_particle in the MeshCache folder, so that might be causing this. :p