Draconus Battle Camp/Mods---Tank Stuff/Dynamic Weather/Winter/Mudrunner OverHaul

@Mexican_420 i never tried the uncmp test on this stupid texture reduction thing...i just tested it with 6k image stayed at 42 mb even in app data folder so disregard the above never thought that would work to be honest lmao....it worked so if you put uncmp after all textures file size will stay the same in app data folder ...it use to be for just having the engine render the dds uncompressed or even a png even on st

last edited by Draconus

@Mexican_420 wow get this...it copied it fine first time at 42 mb which is actual 8k textures i did for MATV..8192 x4096....know here is wierd thing...doing the _uncmp seems to confuse the engine on startup after intial so that 42 mb texture suddenly becomes 170 mb texture in app data lmao....if this isnt the flakiest crap ive ever seen period...

So on above with _uncmp i dont recommend doing it 😉 itl have adverse effects and texture size will simply flucuate fromnormal to insane

@Mexican_420 the normals and specs are also 8k and they came in small at 2.66 mb same res but horribly killed on the texture channels themselves 42 mb down to 2.66 is massive diffrence lol so its all over the place when you do the _uncmp thing litterly

There ya go i broke the damn thing...so tonight we learned another super flaky thing about mudrunner 💩

know something that will make every one smile...Bregals 1070 Hett lives with all adodns working and features and redone at 4k 😉

alt text

Very nice! That engine detail.. cor blimey. ❤

@draconus
Great to see he converted that truck i hope to see that one coming someday in the workshop again nice truck.

Im waiting on email back from Bregal on it...if he says sure ill release it to public on workshop with new improvements...one of the finest truck mods ive ever seen like all of Bregals work

Think im gona cry i seen this and was like wow damn i want one so friggin bad know...back in 2016 this beauty sold for a punny 5 grand complete with rear end crane all working condition...i love my soh koshes 😉

http://www.govplanet.com/for-sale/Heavy-Expanded-Mobility-Tactical-Truck-(HEMTT)-1989-Oshkosh-M985-HEMTT-8x8-Truck-w%2F-Rear-Mounted-Crane-Texas/729169

last edited by Draconus

Some(including mine) Workshop maps are broken (not loading) with Dynamic weather installed. With only weather in media folder, map broken. If I remove weather media folder, all workshop maps load fine. If I install map manually in media folder workshop maps load fine, only weather installed in media folder breaks the maps. For now I have been removing media folder(with weather) to play these maps as I need remove it anyways to play MP, as this is also broken with media folder in. I don't have STMods installed anymore. I'm done with this mod, the more he tries to add new features to this sketchy exe, the more he breaks the game.

@fearwheels you obviously have some file conflict going, weather, and mudrunner mod works and has been working fine for me v.11 here for mudrunner mod haven't updated to v.12

@drgonzo1489 Well I've done fresh install three times, and still not loading with weather. And I've seen Spun's vid's trying to get on these maps and they show up as broken also, but there not. Granted I'm not sure if they have weather in media folder, but something tells me they do.

Same issue here. Rubi will load, but I get old/broken error when trying to load Trailzz, FlyingBlind or Fear'sTrails with weather. Just caught Spun's last stream and those boys are having the same problems. I packed and published all 3 of my maps exactly the same way, so I have no clue what could be causing the issue, but it's frustrating...

last edited by Mexican_420

@FearWheels hey i know what the problem most likely is...there are alot of other files in the weather stuff,models,plants and such...delete everything except particles inside classes folder and same with templates...you only want when you open up the media is particles in classes,scripts,sounds and texture folder...

Its these extra files that is causing the maps to not work....if you want breakable trees keep the plants folder as well...\

Something i think everyone can agree on i thought st was bad with files differ bs and knocking maps out but mudrunner is alot worse and doesnt help when updates comes instead of just updated files for download the whole damn game is being updated...most updates are small patches really yet 700+ mb download most of the time

The pathing and updating of the game is rediculous no game has you downloading the whole damn thing again for lousy update its...any other game its always just the updated files as the patch...

Funny thing even when dlc came out the valley map which is a joke to be honest(one of the worst designed maps ive ever seen and simply rushed out the door)damn thing wouldnt work said files differ or map is broken...

Performance issues on that map yeah lets see we have game assets all packed in zips that uncompresses when game is being played,the dlc is also packed and being into beta testing and such i always have tendency to seriously look at the game and file stuff...ive found the zip decompressing is actually a serious performance issue at times mainly the meshes

When unpacked and config done like this,texture ziped and ran as such but meshes unzipped game will fly litterly ultra smooth when before during mottion ie driving ground and anything moving other than you would be stuttery were motion in game wasnt super smooth

This is due to the zips and how everything is compressed into them....one of the issues game wise anyways

Other big one guys ...massive big one...for maps to run at there mest i keep telling people to watch there distributions and how much they use....planst and trees will kill fps along with rediculous over use of models...ill bring a modder up since im on that Super Scott and some one who never listened to me and why his Dirt Time map runs like utter garbage...

Hes got almost 10k in models crammed intot hat map....so if people want there maps to run the absolute best please guys watch how much distributions and models you actually used...game engine cant handle 10k in models being throwin at it lol says wtf are you doing to me pretty much

Best tip i can give to any map maker for tree stuff and what i use to do....we all seen the ugly billboards pop up next to vehicle this is due to to manny distributions in a givin area so do your tree stuff then when you got an area done to optimize it simply pan camera in closer to map in editor youl see the trees all turn 3d model but some will not..simply remove them that done

in editor view when they switch to billboard like you have really dense forest those that billboards in editor window will also do same when playing the map

Most people dont know you can do this int he editor for optimizing the forest stuff...stock maps are horrendous witht his and sad they were so slopply done...the stock amps are really bad with this

Great tips, Drac! I'll be making the suggested adjustments as soon as I get a chance! 🙂
Been running with extracted zips (and modified config.xml accordingly), as you suggest, for a while now and you were right about it making a big difference in framerate, at least for me.

last edited by Mexican_420

@Mexican_420 glad its performing alot better...i did alot of testing on the zip thing found textures are fine zipped less issues like on hd overhaul with textures not loading in ... but the performance gain from running meshes unzipped is staggering and how much smoother rendering is period mainly with motion

Leave the DoPrepend line set to True on running the meshes unzipped....its a precaching thing into dx pipeline when you start the game up 😉

i also found if still a slight stutter or jerkyness when still moving i also found the games uses a pre set render frames ahead which is how manny frames cpu will process before being sent to gpu....i found in nvidia control panel set it to 1 for mudrunner and force vsync on which will override the game v sync...i get the absolute smoothest game play doing this no matter how fast ur going

If its fine for you as is with stuff above dont mess with the nvdia control panel stuff 😉

@Mexican_420 the render frames ahead thing above the being set to 1 is better due to less frames being throwin at cpu and this entire game is havok so very heavy on cpu with all the physic stuff to begin with...why it gets even smoother doing so im assuming game uses 3 frames ahead as default

last edited by Draconus

Whenever i enable the mod i just seem to get a borked menu with funny grey shapes everywhere and white objects without textures.

Spintires used to be one of the most simple games to mod, now its just a mess. Christ knows what the devs have done i even have trouble with putting bustim maps that arent through the workshop in the game now

Also your mod should be part of the game, period. I dont know what the difficulty is with them simply communicating with you and getting it done. It would i prove the game tenfold. It seems like modders are better at creating content for the game than the developers themselves!

@OG_Grinskin91 i think i know what ur issue is....if you look in ur game directory if there is media folder at top....if so open up ur game config using word pad and look for this...if nothing add the extra media line stock game will load form media zip only Pavel didnt put a blank media folder in game directory with line for it...

<Config Version="20151004">
<System
Height="1080"
Maximized="true"
Width="1920"
Windowed="false"
/>
<MediaPath Path="Media" />
<MediaPath Path="Media.zip" />
<MediaPath Path="_dlc_valley.zip" />
<MediaPath DoPrepend="true" MountPoint="_t/" Path="TextureCache.zip" />
<MediaPath DoPrepend="true" MountPoint="_m/" Path="MeshCache.zip" />
</Config>

See the extra media line...you have to have that for rain mod to work as rain mod loads everything into media folder and i always use JSGME mod loader for mod loading never an issue...just make sure mod is structured like this

Mod Name->Media Folder-> everything inside media-->mod is ready to be loaded into game with proper file structure

I havent been doing very well guys i have surgury on 19th this thursday for biopsies on base of tongue and lymph mass being removed from right side of neck for lymphoma biopsie...why i havent been on much,sick and not feeling very well

Something im a big one on is respect and two friends of mine from the russian/polish community sent me a pic and did post on spintires.hu of something that really made me smile a bit today despite how im feeling

My own race truck they did for there own use and massive thank you to Gabor and Kosics for the wonderful dedication to loving what i i do for the game...cheered me up a bit today guys thank you 😉

alt text