Draconus Battle Camp/Mods---Tank Stuff/Dynamic Weather/Winter/Mudrunner OverHaul

@Draconus Yeah unfortunately I’ve gone through that and got it set up correctly, and it still was having the same effect. I managed to find v1.0 somewhere on a mod site, and that worked fine without the texturecache files.

I’ve just downloaded the victor version directly from your Facebook and now that won’t load the maps, even the vanilla ones, the only mods I have are from the mod workshop and I also tried it on a fresh install without those subscribed to.

Now trying to use it with just the media folder and without the texturecache folder with victor and I’m not getting any objects, but, I’m not getting anything. There’s no loaded in map on the intro screen like here usually is, and it just says unable to load level. File is either broken/missing or an old version.

Now tried using the media folder from 1.0 without the texturecache and it’s working again, rain and all, I don’t see much wrong with it apart from maybe a few texture colours and that being slightly off. This really is a puzzle.

Ps. I’ve just seen your post about your surgery, I hope you’re not doing too badly man, sorry to put this on you at such a time. If it’s any consolation this is honestly one of the biggest greatest things to happen to this game, I’ve been playing with it for an hour now albeit with 1.0 and Christ, what a difference, I thought the standard game felt muddy! The rain and everything feels so immersive, thankyou for the work!

I’ll end my essay now lmao 😂 😂

last edited by OG_Grinskin91

@OG_Grinskin91 wow that is something...i didnt nor did Templar GFX on any of the maps... worked fine every build we did...there were 35 builds done in just over a month from day 1 when i first got the weather code working for mudrunner and sent it over to Templar GFX to get the dynamic stuff working again

Everyone else isnt having issues except when ts used with mudrunner mod exe...that causes all sorts of issues with it mainly particle velocitys being way off and stuff flying every were

There are extra file sin it like pnats and such...if you remove everything excpet particle folder,script folder and textures and sound folder it should work fine...

Im assuming its conflicting with current xmls which when new udpate gets pushed pout instead of Pavel updating what needs to be updated were downlaoding 700+mb updates for stupid little things...when this is done any older xmls like plants and such sometimes wont work and its a completly stupid process to go through everytime update rolls out...

Why were constantly having maps that dont work and mods

@draconus said in Draconus Battle Camp/Mods---Tank Stuff/Dynamic Weather/Winter/Mudrunner OverHaul:

i found in nvidia control panel set it to 1 for mudrunner and force vsync on which will override the game v sync...i get the absolute smoothest game play doing this no matter how fast ur going

I completely forgot about using the Nvidia control panel for this game! So smooth now. I set the pre rendered frames to 4, and used the control panel to over ride all of the games graphical settings (AA etc) I could which for me has improved the smoothness even more, and now the lighting and edges seem to be better as well!

Thanks for the tip dude!

@Draconus
@TemplarGFX
Might be worth revisiting the mod, I'm running into a bunch of maps that will not load with weather installed (workshop maps, they load just fine with weather removed). Yes I tried them using the modified instructions that Draconus posted above, but same results; missing/old/broken error...

Also it seems to be crashing one hell of a lot. But I think that's down to pausing the game.

The problem seems to be limited to(or at least mainly with) the plants XMLs. So far as I can tell. I can get it to work by modding them in the following ways.

For mud_chunk_a. Delete:

<ChunksBreak Brands="mud_chunk_c" Handler="Mud" Threshold="40" />

After that the mod should work as intended. With all of the files installed where they're supposed to be. It works for me anyway.

EDIT: There also seems to be an issue with the bush texture getting stretched. Which I can't figure out why is happening with the mod installed. I know for sure it doesn't have anything to do with the bush XMLs. Because using the default bush XMLs doesn't fix it.

EDIT 2: Yeeeaaahh…I actually don't know what the deal is with that. It's not doing it anymore after I figured out that all that needed to be done was fix the mud_chunk_a file, and then reinstalled the mod with just that part changed. There were a few more plants XML file mods posted above, that I originally though were needed as well. Turns out they aren't. So I removed them from this post.

0_1524612216241_20180424161907_1.jpg
0_1524612241169_20180424161956_1.jpg

last edited by MudHappy

@MudHappy
You've got way too muh time on your hands to have figured all that out.... lol j/k 🙂
I was suspicious that it was relevant to some default assets being changed/(re)moved since the update, thanks for the info dude!
I've also seen the stretchy bush anomaly, but not nearly as extreme as what's in those pics...

last edited by Mexican_420

@joridiculous @Mexican_420 I somehow just fixed the bush stretch deal. Still not sure what the deal is with it though. I was trying to narrow down which plant XML(s) were causing the maps not loading thing. Turns out I over did it by changing all the things I changed previously. All you really need to do is delete the <ChunksBreak/> line from mud_chunk_a. So I reinstalled the mod and just changed that part. Now the bushes are fixed too. WTF? I don't get it...😕

last edited by MudHappy

Some WIP pics of the new Adorondack Mountains map im going to be doing...i perfected terrain generation using a custom height map know and this is such a bugger comapred to Spitnires how to get a custom height map to even work

It has to be done in photoshop,saved as dds using special floating point 16bit setting....some one told be to simply copy it over red channel on original height map...there isnt a red channel just grey that isnt the trick...the trick to get it to work is the special floating point format original is saved in...

The pics are terrain generated using a custom 4k height map..yup you heard that right 4k not 1537x1537 like original and the end product is unbeliveable

alt text

alt text

alt text

With this new technique i have shouldnt take long to get map from start to finish done since the terrain looks so damn good when generated ...wont take long to do roads,all water stuff ,plants and tree distributions and model placing and this is only the first one im doing...

i dont use a mouse either when i do this kind of stuff
I use a professional drawing tablet works awesome for map creation not just texture creation...terrain painting,distributions and even water foam is awesome to work with using a drawing tablet....
Little tip for map makers get urself a nice drawing tablet 😉

Yeah, red channel is density for distributions... I got the 2 confused in one of my previous posts... 🤦🏻♂

@joridiculous
I find it's not so much the overall min/max values you need to watch as much as it's the differential in close proximity to each other; slope steepness. The editor will clamp the min and max values as far as my experience goes (white is max height, black is minimum height) within the established range already configured in the software.

Yeah, the vertical scale could be out of whack when compared to the actual terrain. I'm following what you meant now. 🙂

Tempting to try a fractal map and grey scale it..

World Machine = fractal-based afaik

Well i think everyone will agree this is absolutly incredible looking...i did some new improvements to best way for the height map to be with increased terrain detail and its 6k as well...

alt text

close up of what hills look like detail wise
alt text