Draconus Battle Camp/Mods---Tank Stuff/Dynamic Weather/Winter/Mudrunner OverHaul

Hmm, it seems to me that you guys yourself have improved spintires much more by creating these things than Pavel himself by creating a mudrunner. As the chances that the weather and snow system will be officially adeded are still very small, it would really be good if the focus / sabre somehow hired you to work on the game and give you access to the resources such as professional hardware etc so that you can develop faster and better what you do. The problem is that the creators of spintires do not want to listen 😕

@knight25 i wish it were so my friend....i have a real talent for this stuff just like my mate Templar GFX does..

Here is latest vid sent over from Templar GFX its HQ and shows driving and normal game play while using the new dynamic weather build

Enjoy guys

Youtube Video

That is incredible. Is that using LUA Scripts or similar? I cannot think how on earth the rain is just "there". I can do models, maps but this? Nope! lol.

@FearWheels thank you for ur support much appreciated....you have to have a real passion for this stuff to do it every day for over 3+ years and a true love for this game...it never gets old working on this stuff love doing it and when we come up with something awesome like the new dynamic weather with lightning it a great feeling inside when you look at ur hard work and get to play it...Awesome feeling period

Templar GFX and myself have a incredible talent with this game and game play is most important to us and atmosphere that what the game is all about...real and sukcing you into it for total immersion...not take years to get little game play features that are meaning less like the road block feature which in my opinion doesnt belong...poor mechanic too have load you cant pass and is simply like an invisble wall throwin in front of ya and you simply are forced to take another route

This isnt game play its a simple mechanic throwin in to make player go in different direction...and you dont have road blocks like that in real life so its unreal in the game and way its used with logging is unrealistic too

Miss the cargo hauling of st 2011 so another idea is have a map setup hostile country,ur part of relief aid that is sent in and object is to get from one end of the map to the other with goods intack...this is more of a faster arcade action mode i had in mind were offroading is key but not as slow paced as slogging through the typical mud were used too
While carrying relief supplys in trucks you have to plot a course to other side of the map and evade hostile forces in the process so you cant be caught or game over....be alot of trail riding,making ur own trails ,hidding in forests at night when search parties are about ...for mp players will work together to get the supplies to were they need be as a team...i ahve some other mp game play ideas as well that are mp specific

Dynamic rock slides,forest fighting dynamic mechanic were player with damaged vehicle could accidently start forest fire and you have to drop what ur doing grab special truck at garage with water hose addon and if in mp all players will work together to get the fire under control ...if it consumes a certain fixed percentage of the map game over

its a dynamic game mechanic not fixed so can happen at any time any were type idea

I also like to have a animated lumber yard,smoke coming out of the chimneys at night and lights turning on in building to show life and wild life so game isnt generic dead feeling which it always has been

Like to have actual rock hauling with animated working gravel pit and with the terrain defromation ive done a bit of testing and digging so last idea is actual contruction...like make a road in game if forest is in way then trees have to be cleared ,terrain dug and graded and road laid down..bridge building is also idea for this

Idea for garage redesigning and how addons and everything are done
You start in garage new interior and mechanic walks over to truck window and addon selection begins...all trailers are no longer spawned theyl be parked outside so player can just pull up and hitch up to one...other addons will be done in garage itself...outside mechanics are working on truck or trucks to add life to game....

You pic a driver yes more than 1 driver is selectable and could have them with different skills so one player night be better suited for this perticular job than the other then ur map and vehicles....new game feature called Season with Spring,Summer,Fall,Winter

Player selects winter game will load map all in winter theme with dynamic snow as well as dynamic terrain snow sfx
Same goes for fall...Fall theme with rain/ice storms/flurries

Have an awesome idea too for hybrid Tank warefare game using this engine...i have a tiger tank with real track physics imagine actual simulated warefare,the terrain deformation and how it could be blowin up,forest can be splintered...

So Templar GFX and myself are also working on firing system for the king tiger tank with real projectile which is something thta is side project of mine....garage model gets replaced with military base,fuel station become military fuel depot and so on...its have tanks and military trucks addons like bridge laying equipment and so on...military themed

Not even war thunder has real track physics its animated like other war games throw in real time simulated warfare with real time projectiles...you get the idea..the engine is entirely Havok physic based for mudrunner and has some awesome terrain deformation not seen any were else..engine make for nice wargame engine 😉

@Digital-X yes its alot of lua coding and 10 particle xmls 2 for lightning alone...the rain coding is incredible period

This post is deleted!

If pavel took the time to actually talk to me and was serious for once Templar GFX and myself know what were doing...he be really impressed with how incredibly well built weve done on this Rain build and its all real time-real world simulation...best part 😉

last edited by Draconus

@draconus said in Draconus Battle Camp/Mods---Tank Stuff/Dynamic Weather/Winter/Mudrunner OverHaul:

If pavel took the time to actually talk to me and was serious for once Templar GFX and myself know what were doing...he be really impressed with how incredibly well built weve done on this Rain build and its all real time-real world simulation...best part 😉

@Pavel

There are no raindrops in the water so it looks fake to me like they do in the movies and make rain fall in front of the camera. lol

@Tattoo this has to be the funniest and not really smartest post yet ive seen on my thread...Tattoo have you used the rain for spintires Rain v3.o on spintires.nl?its a massive field in the world around the truck that spawns the rain....lmao if not then go do something with ur time seriously and you know nothing about this stuff either...just because the rain isnt effecting the water surface doesnt mean its fake and in front of the camera...

Want to play with real weather already out go play with my Rain v3.0 for spintires on spintires.nl and keep ur trolling comments too please.i swear man ur same on here just like oovee forums like to just start stuff were there isnt anything...got nothing better to do with ur time than annoy people ..you made a shifter not overhaul the game or do weather for it ..it didnt make the water surface in Rain v3.0 displace either and that is entirely a different thing in itself due to how the water is rendered....also physics bubble around truck is part why it displaces the water when you drive through it and trailers and massive section in truck lua and water lua

I have some ideas how we can achieve it though and to help us fine tune the different systems
with lightning working we just got this tonight which Templar GFX designed...hasnt added lighting to it yet just everything else
The bars are how much of each sfx is currently going to be rendered during the current scene and also world weather amount with each sfx itself being displayed..i havent used it yet so ill update this later tonight with some more pics as im working with Templar GFX on getting this polished up a bit

He added the words under each bar to explain what they are for
in game naming will be done later tonight so this new testing UI will have actual wording under the green bars
Hopefully lightning amount will be added too tonight
The green on and red off feature for the Rain was done using the ingame little boxes that you see fall down over the truck and colored to our liking...same with custom UI pic

Custom UI built in lua itself
alt text

Just because somebody has something to say about you or your work that doesn't glorify you or it...doesn't make them a troll. You know who says they are? A TROLL!!! You need to check yourself. Seriously. If you knew how much of a self-pitying, self-absorbed, self-righteous, narcissistic, holier-than-though, megalomaniac you portray yourself as...you'd have no trouble understanding why drama follows you around like stink on shit. BECAUSE YOU ARE ACTUALLY THE SOURCE OF IT!!! GET A CLUE!!!

last edited by MudHappy

Rain looks very good!

Any chance the direction of the rain can change dynamically as well? (as in the wind is blowing it in diff directions and not always falling straight down)

If it already does this, disregard this ! 😃

@draconus, Dude, I think you have a serious problem. If you can't take criticism of your work, you shouldn't post WIP pics/videos.

I wasn't a troll when you hit me up on Steam asking for my help to do IK's on your mod, tho. Now you show your true colors. Thanks. Don't ever ask me for help again.

Oh wait. Because my subscription to 3ds Max ran out and I couldn't do anything to help you, I'm a troll now? I think I get it now. Now I'm glad I couldn't help you. pfft.

last edited by Tattoo

@Tattoo had nothing to do with steam i give everyone a cool chance...you always poke on here and its simply stupid and gets annoying on here anymore ...i got better things to do than deal with people making dumb comments when they know its actual weather in the world and most have played the Rain v3.0 on spintires and knows my work on this stuff...really buggs me so im sorry if a bit harsh about it like to see no drama on here what so ever and ever since i put this thread on here its been nothing but and people seem to get a sick kickout of it...just like the non sense drama that became of the oovee forums and why i left that mess

Instead of negative how about some positive...ehh can we agree on that and leave the drama soap opera at the door thank you very much...goes for anyone period

I simply come on here to post some cool stuff that were working on like the HD overhaul im doing and weather stuff with Templar GFX...i dont come on here to deal with stupid non sense ..im 41 guys like to have a little respect and think this forum could be alot different than oovee one if people leave the wanting to fluff other people feathers,be negative over stuff instead of showing appreciation and all the other childish nonsense at the door when you come into my thread 🙂

Id really appreciate it ALOT!!!!

So with that said here is short video of new UI in action i like it i have to do the wording textures hopefully some time tomarrow ill get around to it

The first bar that appears is for the wind direction and gets longer to show the speed...the other bars are same in pic i posted above and love how it works and its very accurate too

https://www.facebook.com/DraconusSpintires/videos/1818000924940109/

@draconus said in Draconus Battle Camp/Mods---Tank Stuff/Dynamic Weather/Winter/Mudrunner OverHaul:

@Tattoo had nothing to do with steam i give everyone a cool chance...you always poke on here and its simply stupid and gets annoying on here anymore

Say WHAT dude? I always poke what? What the hell are you talking about? This is the first time I responded to this thread. Don't ever blame me for something I didn't do. You best get your facts straight, boy!!

@Tattoo boy huh...ur something Tattoo so from know on youl be ignored on here and i was talking about the poking not just on here but also oovee forums...ring a bell know or should i get Hein in here 😉

Personally got better things to do so take the additude and go else were man
You did poke above so i guess ur saying first thing outa ur mouth on here is non sense,poke the fire,tick some one off with a stupid comment that its fake when you know better...thats my point i was making...like ur comment above
How about the other threads on here Tattoo...so you know were you can shove the Boy non sense then

You love to Troll just like you did on ooovee forums so go bother some one else on another thread

Wow i seem to not be able to talk about anything on here again like before but back and fourth drama...ehhhh

Anyways Templar did a update to the UI its color coded know and more features added to it...just got a build sent over so this should be something 😉

here is the list of new graphic bars and new ones added

white - Overall Weather
blue - single drops
purple - light rain sheet
yellow - heavy rain sheet
red - shower sheet
white dot - Lightning on
white line above dot - lightning severity
yellow line - current wind
red line - cross wind