Draconus Battle Camp/Mods---Tank Stuff/Dynamic Weather/Winter/Mudrunner OverHaul

Going to check it out and do short vid which ill post on here

@draconus, Dude, I'm gonna diffuse this right now. I wasn't trying to be an ass when I commented on your mod. Sorry you took it the wrong way.

But don't even threaten me with Hein. Go for it. If I see someone taking advantage of kids again, I'll set them out too. Don't ever think different. I don't go for that shit.

@Tattoo take a breather man seriously and yeah i took it wrong way you know my work stupid to come on here and post a comment like that period...really disrespectful so why i got ticked off

No idea what ur going on about the kids thing...that makes no sense period i simply come on to show people some cool stuff nothing more...its been nothing but drama on here since i started this thread....i really dont do drama why i been sticking to my dev page and its been nice and quiet lately

Decided to try this again to simply show the weather off...got enough going on really dont need negative stuff and cant even seem to talk on my own thread due to this garbage...which is a utter mess with it know but thats okay working on cleaning this whole mess up really quick

So if suddenly you cant seem to get on my thread ...i think itl take 5 sec to hit ya why after that and soon to the decent ones this thread will be cleaned up guys,being worked on as we speak... sorry for all of this non sense on here

I appreciated the positive ones that comment you know who you are guys thank you and the support

Ill be back after this cleaning process gets done and becomes my thread again without the nasty drama that has ruined it up to this point...take it easy guys and ill post the last vid before i leave with the new testing ui

Templar GFX sent this over a vid he did also of the new testing UI

Youtube Video

last edited by Draconus

Amazing work as usual @Draconus .. It's good to see the massive progress this dynamic awesomeness i doing! I hope you're all good man (all things considered).

last edited by Kingpinn

Can't wrap my head around why focus doesn't want to improve the game with something like this.....
@Pavel work something out with this man! why is this not in your game!? It's got so much potential..... sad too see this kinda progress from a 3rd party and not from focus.... maybe someday.....

another thing i am curious about. how much more processing does all this stuff take compared to the stock game? for example, i mean would it basicly increase the recommended pc specs over what stock specs are? if that makes it easier to answer.

@8up-local i believe its optimized due to him using dx11 pipeline instead of dx9 being not as archaic it processes things more efficiently.

@8up-local
I built an auto performance controller into the system which monitors how long your computer takes between processing updates and over a few seconds averages this value. It compares that value to a 60fps minimum and then adjusts the overall particle count for the entire system to compensate for the lower performance.

In reality what happens is that the game runs at max (on auto perf), generating a weather type based on this maximum allowed particle count, then as the actual number of particles in the world increases, your performance decreases. The auto performance will begin lowering the maximum particle count while at the same time the particle count will continue to rise. Eventually the two meet and you have your optimal running configuration for your computer for that particular combination of particles.

Long story short, the system automatically reduces its complexity to match the ability of your computer so it should have no performance impact.

This weekend I got working the final component for the weather system. Storm clouds!
https://imgur.com/Pu7HNTn
Storm Clouds!

last edited by TemplarGFX

Looks great !

Any chance on adding random direction change to the particles? Right now the rain falls straight down, some variation to it falling at diff angles (ie 45 degrees) with the wind blowing it would take it up one more notch !

Either way great work ! Can't wait to try it out someday (hopefully soon)

Just need working windscreen wipers now! 😉

@joemama

It actually does this already, if you watch the video Draconus posted above with the UI enabled, you'll see the wind has 2 lines, a green and a red one.

Any weather particle (apart from dust, which does it less as it looks odd otherwise) has a 50% chance of being effected either by the main wind (green), or the crossing wind (Red). Crossing wind needs to be stronger than the main wind to effect particles, but as it changes so often it is more than not.

It just happens that during my recording the wind was relatively calm and so there is not much action going on. you can see the rain coming in at multiple angles during the start where the wind was much stronger

Impressive! Start a poll on this forum (if possible) so that the developer can really see the communities interest in this?

Any plans on adding "wet" shaders to static map models and pavement/concrete textures in the future?

@joemama
I only know LUA 🙂

The water particles apply wet to whatever will take it, so if its possible to add that to other objects apart from trucks, it will make them wet automatically as the rain is in-world.

I don't know how to do that though

@templargfx
I have to admit, it looks very nice.
Just tell me please, is there some impact to a gameplay or is it just visual thing?
I don't expect generating mud where it isn't from begining, that is given by map itself, but overal reduction of traction maybe?
Just curious...

@sodoma

I believe it has a minor impact thanks to the water vertex decal on the ground, but I don't know for sure. Its definitely not a huge change.

it definately appears to get really muddy, the mud particle system is tied to weather and has 3 ground layer depths. As the ground becomes virtually drenched these layers move closer to the surface

@templargfx
Sounds interesting, looking forward to see more. 🙂