First off, I'm proud to be a part of such an active, engaged community as this one. All the proof I need that we're all passionate about this game is right here in these forums, in the Steam Workshop, and all the 3rd-party sites dedicated to it. Mudrunner is absolutely alive and well, thanks in no small part to the amazing individuals who dedicate untold hours (and headaches, I'm sure) to producing quality content to enhance our experience with this game. I've dabbled in the modding scene a lot more since the release of Mudrunner than I have previously, and let me tell you it's not as easy as some of these folks make it look!
These guys (and gals too!) receive ZERO compensation for all the hard work they put into these creations, they do it strictly for the love of the game. I personally have a profound appreciation for what they do, and I try to make that known as often as I can because their skills are a treasure to this community and we should never forget that THEY DON'T HAVE TO DO ANY OF THIS. Those with the talent and skill to produce these mods could just as easily horde their creations strictly for their own personal use, but instead they choose to share the fruits of their labor with the rest of us.
A LITTLE BIT OF GRATITUDE CAN GO A LONG WAY. Like somebody's mod? Tell them so! Dislike a mod? Don't use it, maybe offer some CONSTRUCTIVE feedback to the author but don't hate on them unless you've got the knowledge and skills to do what they do.
The community exists because of our collective enjoyment of this game, whether you’re PCMasterRace or console player, if we didn't love this game (modded or vanilla doesn't matter) we wouldn't be here talking about it and sharing our experiences with friends and strangers alike.
Kudos to the development team for giving us such a great base to work from, and for making Mudrunner (mostly) mod-friendly to begin with. Not all developers would be so willing to make the information available to the community for the purposes of changing the experience the game offers without turning it into a cash-grab…
Let's be sure to remember what brought us all here in the first place and do our best not to alienate those who may very well hold the future of this game in their hands…