Blood bowl - The Sisyphus game

@koadah said in Blood bowl - The Sisyphus game:

Core rules have changed. Yet you guys still want to cling to CPOMB which is screwing your MM leagues.
That, I don't get.

"Core rules" include seasons etc as much as they removed PO. I'd not be averse to including all of them, but if you're going to espouse the core rules as being loved on FUMBBL then perhaps you might include how much a good number people there "dislike" the idea of seasons.

Regardless, BB2 is not played to BB2016, it's played to CRP. So complaining that the "core rules" have changed is holding it to the wrong measure.

@mori-mori said in Blood bowl - The Sisyphus game:

@hotdogchef said in Blood bowl - The Sisyphus game:

I hate mindless teamshredding

Because when you're playing mindlessly, you are the one who is usually teamshredded. You could try to play thoughtfully, perhaps, and teamshred your opponent's team.

It doesn't take too much thought once you have two or three CPOMBers. Of course, you may not win the game but you'll have the satisfaction of having killed sumink.

@mori-mori said in Blood bowl - The Sisyphus game:

part of season 1

Implementing a cherry-picked part of rules which certain part of community finds providing a "better experience". Seems totally legit. Why exactly can't Cyanide cherry-pickingly leave out PO nerf because may be it seems a better approach from their perspective here?

They can do what they like. The commissioner's word is law. If that is what you guys like, good for you.

@dode74 said in Blood bowl - The Sisyphus game:

Core rules have changed. Yet you guys still want to cling to CPOMB which is screwing your MM leagues.
That, I don't get.

"Core rules" include seasons etc as much as they removed PO. I'd not be averse to including all of them, but if you're going to espouse the core rules as being loved on FUMBBL then perhaps you might include how much a good number people there "dislike" the idea of seasons.

Regardless, BB2 is not played to BB2016, it's played to CRP. So complaining that the "core rules" have changed is holding it to the wrong measure.

Seasons will be implemented but not necessarily used on Box & Ranked.
They will be available to private leagues. Just as (I believe) CRP is still available.

I didn't like the CPOMB nerf. Didn't like removing PO completely. Definitely didn't like the butchering of players that had PO. But Box appears to be much better for it.

I am still disappointed that we still don't have the option to use LRB4 DP & RSC. There is a place for mindless thuggery. I'm not sure that your biggest public leagues are it though.

Mori... your logic is a joke.. sorry man... a big joke.

They will be available to private leagues. Just as (I believe) CRP is still available.

Implemented but not used != BB2016.

I didn't like the CPOMB nerf. Didn't like removing PO completely. Definitely didn't like the butchering of players that had PO. But Box appears to be much better for it.

Are you sure that's not the new formats doing that?

I am still disappointed that we still don't have the option to use LRB4 DP & RSC. There is a place for mindless thuggery. I'm not sure that your biggest public leagues are it though.

Depends on your ruleset and options available. BB2 is CRP.

Implemented but not used != BB2016.

You can call it a turnip if you want Dode. So, how would seasons work in COL/CCL? Not as specified in BB2016 I suspect. Wasn't there something about playing every team?

Are you sure that's not the new formats doing that?

I don't believe that the boom would have lasted this long without the nerf.

Depends on your ruleset and options available. BB2 is CRP.

BB2 also has stuff that isn't CRP. Does it have all the stars now?

There are plenty of ways to implement Seasons in COL/CCL (each team running on a 20-25 match season individually, for example): ignoring them entirely is not "implementing" them though.

I don't believe

So you're not sure. Ok.

All the CRP stars are in, yes.

There are plenty of ways to implement Seasons in COL/CCL (each team running on a 20-25 match season individually, for example): ignoring them entirely is not "implementing" them though.

Your "own implementation" isn't "BB2016" any more than not implementing them is.

20-25 games sound about right. Maybe 30. That is if you need seasons in the first place. That is a choice for the commish.

I don't believe

So you're not sure. Ok.

I am sure it is 'better'. 🙂

All the CRP stars are in, yes.

That is cool. I hadn't checked. Is that everything? (i'm not counting cards.) There is still the non CRP stuff.

Mori... your logic is a joke.. sorry man... a big joke.

At least you agree it's logic. What logic is behind all your threads then? "Change the core rules of the game for everybody in a specific way I feel would be better for me?" I don't see logic here. Again, getting back to poker's example, do you see much logic in going to poker tournament and demanding from all those people to change rules of the game as their randomness hurt your feelings badly, not allowing you to decide all games with skillzz? Following your logic, they must subdue to your demands and start using less random rules as it's a competition with real money prize pools and competitions must be skill-based. Do you expect those people to see logic in such your actions?

A more logical development of the situation, as I see it, would be:

1. Stick to CRP rules, but create some set of home rules for you and others like you to use in their own private leagues - but you don't do much to achieve this. Cyanide take ages to implement even highly required features many has asked for, you have close to zero chance to be heard as an individual. Your complaints don't bear much sense, you would achieve more if started to gather people who agree with you and develop the actual, sane proposal (and it's not "remove PO and kick off events from official leagues") for some set of home rules features.
  2. Implement BB2016/DZ in its full glory, may be with slight changes, and make official league use it (for others it may be optional), may be also with some home rules for "less randomness". Then PO may be removed/nerfed. This makes sense as it still follows the main flow of BB evolution and it was developed by people who [supposedly] know a thing or two about how the game functions. But this again doesn't align well with what you stand for. It adds more randomness (an extra Kick Off table; each match both coaches are given 2+ Cards for free, which unpredictably alter balance for this match) and more opportunities to lose your beloved players (Redrafting coupled with Expensive Mistakes make it hard/close to impossible to maintain all your experienced players past 3-4 seasons). Optionally (though I don't like idea at all) they could "emulate" all those with their own home rules. Aging may function close to Redrafting, current Bank rules may somewhat do the same as EM, and they have [butchered] sponsors and stadiums in the game already. Still, they would need to implement Cards first.

Now, what's the logic behind the non-ceasing torrent of threads you create? You want to make sure you're getting your ideas to Cyanide? Have you ever been to Steam's negative review sections? The game has "Mixed" rating atm, and has had it for years. Just read 10-20 negative reviews and you'll find a lot of people complaining about "no skillz, just RNG". So, again, logic tells me Cyanide know a lot of people don't like their decision to stick to (more random) original TT rules perfectly. Seems like they have their own vision of the game. Why do you think they'll listen to you?

last edited by Mori-Mori

Your "own implementation" isn't "BB2016" any more than not implementing them is.

It's a damned sight closer than not doing it. Feel free to ask the BB2016 team whether they think "seasons on some form" is closer to the intent and wording of the rule than "no seasons".

I am sure it is 'better'. 🙂

That was not the question. The question was whether the change is down to the change to PO or the new stuff. As ever you try to conflate things.

That is cool. I hadn't checked. Is that everything? (i'm not counting cards.) There is still the non CRP stuff.

Like what? Even if that is the case, it's not a reason to make it more divergent.

last edited by dode74

Koadah for President! Hmmm... Mori? We need somebody to clean the toilets with his toothbrush, and since the random nature of this assignment don’t matter for you. You be perfect for this!

@Hotdogchef Please try and talk respectfully to other players here, no need for snide remarks.

Koadah for President! Hmmm... Mori? We need somebody to clean the toilets with his toothbrush, and since the random nature of this assignment don’t matter for you. You be perfect for this!

And you've already reserved a president chair in Committee of the New Generation Fair Poker Rules for yourself, I believe. Such a horrible, unfair place this world is!

LOL

Dode does all the work. It's still best to vote for him even if he is exasperating. 😉

@Iyagovos

Well... Mori loves attention more.... and any remarks from me deflects like CPOMB combos in a T2500 fight. He can dodge and sustain this like nobody else.

The level of no logic comments from him is unstoppable, and I could try to answer it all... but the post would make you scroll and scroll and lose track of it all. And this was his ultimate goal! If the pile of s.... is big enough.... nobody would start to remove it and they would rather just move on. I guess you can call this a kind of skill?? Overwhelming the opponents with garbage.

Dode74 has some sane moments at least... 🙂

last edited by Hotdogchef

@Hotdogchef , I just thought it was a discussion of game balance, and rules, and reasonable solutions. But if you just would like me to give you a hug and whine in unison sharing compassion, you probably chose a wrong place for this, try this one.

last edited by Mori-Mori

I just wanted to try one single game again... and what I will tell you know actually happend today.

I got to start first half. Pitch invasion in the first kick off. 6 of mine stunned, 2 of his. The 3 closest players to the ball stunned. Opponent gets the ball pretty easy and scores in turn 4. New kick off, opponent gets bonus turn and manage to put a guy under the ball and gets many guys close to the ball drop.

I can't really see the magic in this. It's pure idiotic. 6-7 stuns is overkill. All this random excludes SO many people that like strategy games. Is this so hard to understand?? What happend to me has nothing to do about skill, ZERO. The game is a joke with this much random, it need to be reduced some. Even if random is reduced by 50% it's still alot of random. Of course the highly random deaths that kills the fun of grinding a good team is really bad too. People like to develop their teams, not do see them die for nothing after 15-20 hours. Is this also so hard to understand? No wonder there are less than 3000 coaches or something... at least thats how feels??

Bad players (stupid people) likes games they can win in. Blood bowl 2 provides this. Suffer alot of losses, create maim team, sit and wait to get a lower TV team to kill. ANY retard can do this, and actually win some. I got that right, did I not. Yes I did!

last edited by Hotdogchef

If you're letting him take you apart on a Blitz kickoff result (the extra turn) then you need to learn how to defend against it. There are very rare cases where it's not defensible.

But if you're not enjoying it then don't play it. Don't imagine you can force people to play your way, though.

Bad players (stupid people) likes games they can win in. Blood bowl 2 provides this. Suffer alot of losses, create maim team, sit and wait to get a lower TV team to kill. ANY retard can do this, and actually win some. I got that right, did I not. Yes I did!

No you didn't. In fact, you don't make any sense at all by now. What ARE you complaining exactly about now? In that last paragraph alone you seem to say that

1. bad and/or stupid players like BB because they can win, but
  2. don't care about winning but killing you.

Do you really still fail to see that, to some degree, it is the utter chaos that can occur in BB that has kept this game alive for such a long time? Of course that means you can get unlucky, but you have been told several times here: Superior skill prevails. Play enough games and the skill WILL shine through. After all, the skill here is in preparing for the worst of situations and minimizing risks.

@Vulpes

So you don't see the point in making the game slighty less random and this can attract more people to play it? You think reducing random a little will kill the game? Maybe you will be suprised?

What I see is very little interest from Cyanide to pick up what people find negative about the game. The goal should be to make the game more popular.

see the point in making the game slighty less random and this can attract more people to play it?

I can see your point clearly, and wholeheartedly support you in this. I'm totally not against more home rules in BB2. As you've been repeatedly told, to have some chance in achieving what you need without forming strong opposition to your proposal, you have to:

1. Stop trying to enforce it on everybody else, like demanding Cyanide to adopt your visions of "fair BB" in CCL and official tournaments. Official BB tournaments (most of them, at least) use complete rules, including Kick Off events.
  2. Try to gather some support elsewhere (as you clearly don't succeed here). Instill discussions, learn game mechanics and strategies, listen to arguments of other players. You'll either finally understand where are you mistaken, or find those who agree with you and ready to support you. You have almost zero chances that Cyanide will listen to you alone. There are tons of very useful proposals on this forum, many of them are anticipated by a lot of players. And Cyanide hardly will even consider to evaluating them in the near future.

Instead, you keep creating those threads and attacking people for not agreeing with you.

last edited by Mori-Mori

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.