Blood bowl - The Sisyphus game

@dode74

@dode74 said in Blood bowl - The Sisyphus game:

If you're letting him take you apart on a Blitz kickoff result (the extra turn) then you need to learn how to defend against it. There are very rare cases where it's not defensible.

But if you're not enjoying it then don't play it. Don't imagine you can force people to play your way, though.

Unbelievable! I agreed with Dode twice in a year!

If yer don't like it play summat else. Where CPOMB is a thing of the past. 😃

Keep it Secret!

The stupid kick off event «forces» you to make formations when you are attacking that are balanced on both sides. Just shows how bad that kick off event really is. Total idiotic. It’s hard to treat a game a «skill» game with random 7 players suddenly stunned and bonus turns to the side that maybe already leading. Sorry, countersaying just shows the level you are on. A very low level...

I'll say it once more - please be respectful to those you are discussing with. Ad hominem attacks will not be tolerated here.

@hotdogchef said in Blood bowl - The Sisyphus game:

The stupid kick off event «forces» you to make formations when you are attacking that are balanced on both sides. Just shows how bad that kick off event really is. Total idiotic.

That's the idea of it: it forces you to honour the threat of the possibility of a Blitz! event. It's specifically designed to prevent you from flooding one side or the other without risk. You can still do it, ofc, but you risk the Blitz! event.

The stupid kick off event «forces» you to make formations when you are attacking that are balanced on both sides. Just shows how bad that kick off event really is. Total idiotic. It’s hard to treat a game a «skill» game with random 7 players suddenly stunned and bonus turns to the side that maybe already leading. Sorry, countersaying just shows the level you are on. A very low level...

Are objecting to having to consider blitz when you set up?

I am sure that I have heard even Dode moan about the kick off table in the past. 😉

Personally, I like it as it is.

The option to change or disable the kick off table would be cool. Don't expect them to change it on the public leagues though.

The kick off table used to be worse though. 😉

6-7 stunned on one side is too much, you can't talk yourself out of it. Each time you try you fall deeper and deeper. I am undressing you guys. Shows why so few are here. Nobody want to chat long with.....

last edited by Hotdogchef

6-7 stunned on one side is too much, you can't talk yourself out of it. Each time you try you fall deeper and deeper. I am undressing you guys. Shows why so few are here. Nobody want to chat long with.....

Stunned? Young people today don't know they're born.

It used to be roll for injury.
You could have been looking at a couple dead. 😉

Field Invasion: Each coach rolls two dice and
adds their side’s fan factor to the score. A tie
means that both teams are affected. High score
wins, injuring a number of randomly selected
players on the losing team and on the pitch
equal to the roll of one D6. Roll for the effects
of the injuries straight away. No Armour roll is
required.

Great strides have been made concerning player safety. With the CPOMB nerfs the game if safer than ever before.
I guess I'm not president anymore. 😉

last edited by Koadah

@koadah said in Blood bowl - The Sisyphus game:

I am sure that I have heard even Dode moan about the kick off table in the past. 😉

Yep, I hate the rock. Wouldn't demand for it to be changed though.

@dode74 said in Blood bowl - The Sisyphus game:

Yep, I hate the rock. Wouldn't demand for it to be changed though.

I thought I'd heard you suggest changes.

Suggesting, not demanding, being the key there.

The stupid kick off event «forces» you to make formations when you are attacking that are balanced on both sides. Just shows how bad that kick off event really is.

And the stupid checkmate event in chess forces you to make formations to protect your king all the time. What's a horrible game's design!

Not to the KO table. And a suggestion is not a demand over multiple posts stating that people who like things otherwise are "stupid people".

And you drag each other just deeper into the mud... phatetic...

All this talk about skill. No wonder some actually win alot when this level of "logic" represents the average level of coaches that plays the game... Good job, "Defenders of random luck and still seems to want skill involved"!

And you drag each other just deeper into the mud... phatetic...

All this talk about skill. No wonder some actually win alot with this "logic" of skill games is endorsed by the "defenders of random luck leauge" here.

So, you and that guy are placed in the same random, chaotic environment, but he tends to win more than you somehow, in a long run. If you deny it's because of his superior skill, then what is your explanation? Do you believe in Nuffle that much?

last edited by Mori-Mori

I believe if I could change to game to what I want (very little luck expect the rolling of the dice on the pitch). This also includes changes to the matchmaking. Then I would qualify with ease each time and also do well in the play offs, every single time. That's what I believe.

I believe if I could change to game to what I want (very little luck expect the rolling of the dice on the pitch). This also includes changes to the matchmaking. I would qualify with ease each time and also do well in the play offs, every single time. That's what I believe.

That's fine. I've witnessed ideas much more far-fetched suggested for BB. So, a) find a lot of people who are agree with you that it's BB as it should be b) form your own league; you already have an option to disable Kick Off events, should do for now; soon you'll even have a Rez with progression; there is already some editing tools for commisioners in LE (not sure how powerful they are) c) as a group, start asking Cyanide for more home rules for your community, apply and enjoy them in your environment d) may be even run your own tournaments? why not? with real money prizes too e) after most of coaches will gravitate to your, without a doubt, superior ruleset, Cyanide will finally understand how wrong they were and will make you the official League.

last edited by Mori-Mori

Nah... I don't believe in miracles...

A Cabalvision rez leauge with spp and money gain is what I hope for in the short run.... if they also made the official rez leauge without kick off events I would be super duper happy....

If I ever gets really rich I try to buy Cyanide and make the changes I want myself.

Of course I would have kept the "old" and current BB2 leauges to keep the current player base happy... but I would have added an extra price pool leauge with less random luck and my own changes towards more skill in the game.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.