Big TV Difference

Man. I just played a match in CCL where my 1500 Kislev team faced a 2000 Chaos team. They had four chaos warriors with block, claw, mb, and piling on, and 3 of them had guard! They had another full killer beastman with tackle and ClawPomb, and a +AG ball carrier. not to mention four tackle players total! What's a scrawny kislev team to do?

I lost the match 2-1. I can't count the number of KOs that happened to me. My wizard fizzled. And I have one player who is MNG.

I know, boring story. But nobody comes on the board to mention the times that their teams weren't killed by ClawPomb, so I thought I would add some variety.

It’s hopeless with that TV differences, often you lose the mangle match and the next one too due to the injuries and deaths. A good record can often be destroyed due to this TV joke system.

last edited by Hotdogchef

@javelin said in Big TV Difference:

Man. I just played a match in CCL where my 1500 Kislev team faced a 2000 Chaos team. They had four chaos warriors with block, claw, mb, and piling on, and 3 of them had guard! They had another full killer beastman with tackle and ClawPomb, and a +AG ball carrier. not to mention four tackle players total! What's a scrawny kislev team to do?

1640 vs 2080, so 440 diff... and that's pure bad pool luck since he has a 30-5-7 record, meaning his TVPlus rating is actually way higher than his TV while yours doesn't even reach his straight TV... and his team is flat out built to kill. He has four chaos warriors decked out in kill skills and a single skill-less beastman... and the rest are journeymen.

I'd say you were lucky to leave that game with a team at all. Bad, bad matchup.

@hotdogchef said in Big TV Difference:

It’s hopeless with that TV differences, often you loose the mangle match and the next one too due to the injuries and deaths. A good record can often be destroyed due to this TV joke system.

Not sure you really read his post. He didn't get mangled, and the TV difference was not a result of the matchmaking system, it was just the result of there being nobody better to match with. Certainly a good example of where rez would help, but Javelin didn't need it this time.

I put my money on voodoo. No money on dode74 and mori.

I just checked the CCL Top coaches in Opposition/Game. I'm not sure if I'm interpreting this correctly, but it appears that of all the coaches I've faced the 3rd highest average ranking over my 42 matches?

It's hard not to interpret that as I'm the third best at boosting my oppositions ratings with my poor play 🙂

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.