Diving Tackle dice log.

After a gutter runner dodged away from my diving tackler, I glanced at the dice log and it showed : dodge (2+) 2 / dodge (4+) 2 failure / dodge (4+) 5 success
I'm assuming there's not a problem here, but I'm wondering why it shows that first part, giving the appearance that there's a 2+ dodge roll involved, and that three dice were rolled for one dodge. Wouldn't it just be simpler to leave that part out of the log? I had to stare at the logs for quite a while trying to figure out what it was telling me.

BB2 Champion Ladder Admin Team

Dodge (2+) 2 -> Success with no skills

Do you want to use DT? Y/N -> Y = Target roll changes

Dodge (4+) 2 -> Fail with use of DT

Do you want to use Dodge? Y/N -> Y = reroll

Dodge (4+) 5 -> Success with DT and Dodge

That's how I would interpret that.

last edited by dode74

Yeah that's what I figured, but I still think that first part doesn't belong in the dice logs.

I'm not sure about that. The roll is made vs the 2+ and you might not choose to use DT, so the target is different. I think it could be made clearer by putting skill use in the logs.

Perhaps, I just think the dice logs should show a record of WHAT HAPPENED, not what could have happened.

I think it';s useful as is, knowing iof the person failed or passed their initial dodge roll might influence whether you opt to use Diving Tackle. EG, if they failed and already used their Dodge skill might make you choose to use DT whereas you might not if they still had their dodge RR.

Or am I talking nonsense? It has been known...

@sainttodd said in Diving Tackle dice log.:

Perhaps, I just think the dice logs should show a record of WHAT HAPPENED, not what could have happened.

Sure. It's a decision made, though, so could be useful to log.

The issue is not that they're showing a decision made, it's that it looks like three dice were rolled. The dice 🎲 icons show up for all three.

I don't disagree that it's unclear. I think you are right there. I just think the information is useful if properly presented.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.