Cannot get past tutorial - Can't order Apothecary to heal me

I am stuck on the tutorial, at the part where I am supposed to issue a command to the Apothecary to heal me. The game tells me to press spacebar to bring up the circular menu to select heal, but there is no heal option. I looked in options and found the heal shortcut, H, but every time I use that it says "Medkit" is reloading.

My character was damaged like he was supposed to be, so there is damage to heal, I just cannot get the NPC to heal me. I went through the tutorial several times and I've run into the same problem. After Googling I see this has been a known issue since Sept. 2016, but none of the earlier threads have any solutions.

I cannot complete the tutorial or play the game without getting past this part. Please help. Thanks.

Community Manager

Hi, sorry to hear you encounter this issue. It should have been fixed a while ago in an update.

Could you make sure your game is updated on Steam, and check the file integrity through Steam (Right click on the game in the library > Properties > Local files > Verify integrity of game files)? Thanks!

Thanks for responding, Netheos. I've got automatic updates but I double checked to make sure the game is updated and I verified the integrity of the files, but I still can't get past that same part where the guy is supposed to heal me. Same issue -- there's no heal command on the circular menu via spacebar, and if I try to use the H shortcut it says "Medkit is reloading." If I wait for a little bit and try it again, it still says it's reloading.

I'm on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, i5 @ 3.00 GHz, Nvidia Geforce GTX 970, 8 GB RAM

Hey Plan,

If you're still stuck I replied to your steam forums thread. It doesn't fix your bug but gets you past the tutorial so you can play the campaign. Let me know if that works for you.

-Hillslam

last edited by Hillslam

@hillslam said in Cannot get past tutorial - Can't order Apothecary to heal me:

Hey Plan,

If you're still stuck I replied to your steam forums thread. It doesn't fix your bug but gets you past the tutorial so you can play the campaign. Let me know if that works for you.

-Hillslam

Hey Hill - Thank you for the offer. I'm a bit wary of downloading a file from another user -- that's nothing against you personally, I'm just careful in general unless I know exactly what the file is and where it's coming from. If I'm understanding correctly, it's a save game just past the tutorial, is that correct? Is it just a text file or something else?

Again, I mean no offense and I appreciate your help, I'm just being careful because of the general craziness of the interwebs.

Cheers

I was able to get through the tutorial...the seventh time's a charm, I suppose. I only had time to play maybe 40 minutes last night but I really liked everything I saw so far.

However I would still like to figure out what was causing the bug so that I don't have to go through the same thing again next time I start a new game. I know it's the weekend and there probably isn't anyone working now, but any ideas, Netheos?

Cheers

You won't have to replay the tutorial when you start a new campaign

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.