Will 'money over 150k added to TV' be optional in LE?

@Sir_Twist said in Will 'money over 150k added to TV' be optional in LE?:

Also it should solve the Problem with this Cheated Teams where a player Starts with 4 Chaos Warriors at Level 5-6 and 7 Goats without any Skills.

Sounds like min/maxing to me, which is a viable strategy that most pixel huggers can't comprehend. "W---what? I have to fire someone that gets a skill? But it took me 5 games to get block on my lineman."

@Netheos said in Will 'money over 150k added to TV' be optional in LE?:

@don_ said in Will 'money over 150k added to TV' be optional in LE?:

I actually like the bank rule as it is in the game... I think its fun seeing in blood bowl 2 more of the inducements being used compared to in blood bowl 1 where everyone was afraid of sponsoring inducements for their opponents.

I do acknowledge some of the draw backs:

1. if people spend their bank while under 150k or more than 150k they're inflating their TV and their opponent has to unjustly deal with it

The cash spent in inducements by the overdog is given to the underdog in Legendary, up to 150k. It should fix this issue.

I guess it's too hard to add the missing petty cash phase, we can conclude that this will never be fixed or even addressed.
I mean at least add the option...

To Simulate League Play, Match Making should be be handled with the number of Matches both Teams have played.

Simulates WHAT league? Most leagues allow new teams in after they begin - even when they run on seasons they allow people to either create new teams at the start of a new season, or allow new people to join then. They then schedule them for the season, or allow them to challenge each other.

For Example If Team A has played 30 Games it should only Match to a Team that has + - 10% the same Numbers of Games played. In this Example to a Team which has between 27 - 33 Games played.

And if there are no such teams? I mean, if every matching pool had like... a million teams in it then you might be able to go that route, but most pools have 6 or less teams. Want to guess at how often those 6 teams will all be within 10% of each other's games played?

Furthermore, games played was found to be a miserably bad metric for predicting the outcome of matches - worse than TV by quite a bit - meaning it is certainly not going to be useful in creating fair and balanced matches on its own.

In Addition, there is still a Plague by a lot of Players that will quit the Match immediatly when the Apo is used or it looks they may not win a game - there should be an option to quit a Matched Team if the Opponent has quit more than 10% or 20% of his games before the End of a Match without Penalty. This should Lead also to more Matches played till the End of Game.

Giving people the ability to quit games without penalty will lead to more games being completed? I'm not sure I follow the logic here. I assume you mean it'll lead to FEWER completed matches overall, but a higher percentage of matches that DO actually make it to turn 1 being completed. I'm sure it would... it'd just result in fewer completed matches overall since you'd be dramatically increasing quit rates, and dramatically diminishing the number of matches that ever get started.

Slightly confused by this thread - the initial post was about the bank rule screwing stunty teams when they are created due to their cheap cost, but the discussion seemed to go off on a tangent about MM?

If the bank rule has to remain as non-optional, then surely the solution is to modify it so that its 150K for normal teams but something higher (like 3-400K) for stunty teams.

That way Flings & Gobbos can hold a lot more cash without adding to TV, which also gives a nice hoard they can dip into for extra inducements on a match by match basis.

last edited by steveo110

@JohnnyFeyev said in Will 'money over 150k added to TV' be optional in LE?:

Also it should solve the Problem with this Cheated Teams where a player Starts with 4 Chaos Warriors at Level 5-6 and 7 Goats without any Skills.

Sounds like min/maxing to me, which is a viable strategy that most pixel huggers can't comprehend. "W---what? I have to fire someone that gets a skill? But it took me 5 games to get block on my lineman."

Even more, the current (overhauled) BB rules for tabletop (BB2016/DZ s1&2) have this new (optional?) mechanic which actually forces you to constantly fire some of your developed players, leaving only several constant stars in your roster, at the end of each season (the older your player become, the more money you need to spend to re-hire him for the next season, up to the point it's just doesn't worth it any more). Something that Cyanide tried to achieve with their Aging mechanics.

last edited by Mori-Mori

And regarding the whole stunty issue - what's the problem again to just simply add a feature allowing League's Commissioners to set a fixed "incentive payments" to certain teams? Like, in some tournament, all 'flings, goobos, vamps etc teams just receive a fixed inducement bonus (in addition to any inducements they will get from TV differences?). AFAIK, it's how it's done in tabletop championships IRL these days.

last edited by Mori-Mori