theres finally a Mudrunner Plus type APP out there now !!

@araxp said in theres finally a Mudrunner Plus type APP out there now !!:

Who is the author of spintiresmod? Where can I find the official post or web or whatever where he personally updates the info?

I asked this too and Dan4762 said he didn't know.

@tattoo

I use a script blocker and don't get the popups... not sure if that keeps them from getting click revenue tho

@justcallmeow said in theres finally a Mudrunner Plus type APP out there now !!:

@tattoo

I use a script blocker and don't get the popups... not sure if that keeps them from getting click revenue tho

I use Adblock Plus but some still get thru. Not sure why tho, sorry. I may have to look into yours. Thanks.

EDIT: Do you mean ScriptBlock? A Chrome extension?

last edited by Tattoo

@tattoo

It's actually NoScript on Firefox, but I do not like using it all the time, so I mostly use Chrome and just open certain webpages in Firefox.

Also I have an older version of Firefox, as the new one is completely different and it has NoScript, but doesn't work like the old one.

Edit: Yeah I use adblock plus on both and all kinds of stuff gets through ABP...

last edited by Justcallmeow

@justcallmeow said in theres finally a Mudrunner Plus type APP out there now !!:

@tattoo

It's actually NoScript on Firefox, but I do not like using it all the time, so I mostly use Chrome and just open certain webpages in Firefox.

Also I have an older version of Firefox, as the new one is completely different and it has NoScript, but doesn't work like the old one.

Edit: Yeah I use adblock plus on both and all kinds of stuff gets through ABP...

I just tried that ScriptBlock and it seems to work better. Thanks a lot!!!

@tattoo

NP 🙂 Yes, scriptblockers are very nice, but sometimes it's hard to tell what you need to unblock to get the page you are on to work right, so it can be annoying in itself. But it does stop pretty much everything 🙂

@justcallmeow, Oh yeah. It does block some things you need, like this forum. i had to allow it because it was blocking notifications.

I think I'm wrong about the spam popups tho. I was just thinking about it and believe the spam is just from the download site itself. But the spinires/mudrunner sites make money from how many downloads it gets. I remember reading, a while back, how people were using file sharing site to make money by posting wares. That was a big thing with warez groups and sites like RapidShare and the other one that got busted. Can't think of the name right off. But I believe they get paid by how many downloads they get.

@tattoo the author is alexnez he have a steam account

@dan4762 said in theres finally a Mudrunner Plus type APP out there now !!:

@tattoo the author is alexnez he have a steam account

Yeah, I remember that but you said you didn't know if he a developer page anywhere. Thanks.

@bigboyzback well it is not the sites that are ripping mods, it is some of the members of those sites who are uploading other people mods with out asking. right now there is no workshop for maps so third party sites are about it till then, but for workshop vehicle mods there is really no reason for them to be on third party sites.

@8up-local you have to realise the fact, that this is a site that provides cracked version of game since tech test version...

@sodoma oh i know full well. i have dealt with and watched this kind of stuff happening for well over a decade now (almost 2). it is nothing new for sure.

last edited by A Former User

@8up-local Then you know why they upload WS content - cracked game doesn't give you access to steam WS.
Sad thing is, that delay on WS map support increases popularity of wesites like this...

@sodoma said in theres finally a Mudrunner Plus type APP out there now !!:

@8up-local Then you know why they upload WS content - cracked game doesn't give you access to steam WS.
Sad thing is, that delay on WS map support increases popularity of wesites like this...

@Pavel
Nudge... 😉

@sodoma, Yes, I never understood why someone would dl a mod instead of going thru the ws. Now I understand. Thanks.

spintiresmod 1.6.2 is now out

theres one major issue thats popped up with using this APP..it disables the map progresion..you finish one of the 6 main maps and it doesnt register that you finished it to unlock the next map....but theres alot of Modder made maps out now so I just do those maps....but I have found thats its best to finish the first 6 maps before you use this mod...otherwise you cant do but the first two original maps

I usually get a bitfender warning that the russian site has bitminers.. adds that run on the background processes of the page have minners that use your GPU to farm bitcoin... unfortunately this is a very common way of websites generating revenue.. even some bigger sites we all know and trust use these miners.. rumors have it that Aliexpress is big on this.

Yes the reason for all mods WS supported or not end up on these sites is because of cracked versions.. I'll admit that I've cracked a few games in my time and original spintires was one of them.. at that point modders were still uploading their trucks to the web. the games was too good to not to be bought though.

To try to justify my cracks it's to just try the game, if I like it I'll buy it. and most games I play don't have mod support or are older than most of steam users..

I think it's a terrible thing that the mods are being ripped and I hope that we can find some way of stopping this.

well I was just getting used to using version 6.2 of this MOd and yesterday a new mudrunner update came out..so of course until the Modder updates the APP once again it doesnt work now...LOL

@bigboyzback 1.6.3 is out and work great with the new version now the mod settings is in the settings in games