Force19Mods

What rock models do you use and where/how can I get them in my editor. I just started my first map and only have the standard editor rock models and I know they glitch. Really want to add rock crawling sections. Thanks

@dattatteddude10
_i'm not sure if >forces< offers any rock models, maybe this will help get you started..
_these models of rocks are what use the most, the models come from Spun and Nix.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1k2Tv8VSn0v4Cm0CU8_V18vf5qliLeEZr
_you can also look up Tattoo, he has shared a lot of rock models, and a lot of other really cool items._RUFUS

last edited by rufus

@smaronenine @Forces I LOVE IT! thanks so much forces, done an amazing job. 🙂

@forces Good luck with your revalidation, wish all of you the best!!

last edited by wrangmog

Happy and Excited To Announce That My New Map 'Androscoggin' Has Been Completed!
Ofcourse I still have some touching up and tweaking to do and a bit of test driving but the release is coming soon!

0_1544583815143_20181211215922_1.jpg

0_1544583819256_20181211220027_1.jpg

last edited by SmarOneNine

@rufus thank you!! I'll definitely check those out. I had spun/nix rock models downloaded but couldn't figure out how to get them into the editor correctly. Any how to link on that?

Hopefully your new map and Spun s K5 drop at the same time, it'll be good day of that happens lol.

Hey Forces, sorry to hear about the accident but really glad everyone is OK.

That flatbed truck is super cool even if it is a Yota. 😄

@SmarOneNine: That map looks great, can't wait to give it a try.

Oh and @SmarOneNine thanks for uploading the pictures of the hj75 to the forum. 🙂

@smaronenine, The map looks good in the images.

I'm curious, tho, as to the size of a map that can be made. In the editor, it only goes up to 1024, but the map is 64 x 64. So is the 1024 meters? Is that how it's measured? Each square is 16x16. So it looks like 64 x 16 = 1024 and that's how it's measured.

But I did something today that I'm wondering if you all know about. In the Prebuild folder, there is the level_???.xml. At the top it shows the size of the map;

<Terrain NumBlocksX="32" NumBlocksZ="32">

I changed the numbers to 128, then went into the editor and rebuilt terrain and the map was huge. I'm wondering if y'all know about that? I'd imagine it'd be a major strain on someone's pc to do one that big but it looks possible.

@tattoo
Doesn't STMod allow maps larger than 1024x1024? Also, how did the baked lighting look on the parts of the map beyond the usual limits?

last edited by Mexican_420

@mexican_420
Thanks, forgot about stmod. I don't use it normally.
I was wondering why the edges was like this. Is that a lighting problem?
0_1544750685246_Capture.png

@tattoo
I believe so, I think the editor bakes the lightmap for the trees and such up to the 32x32, then it goes wonky...
And yes, I think you'd run out of memory pretty quickly with a map that size.

last edited by Mexican_420

@mexican_420
Yeah, that's weird. I installed stmod and that edge is gone. Thanks

@Tattoo I didn't know about tweaking the XML to increase map size but for me personally I don't like the extra large maps and I especially don't like building them lol, But nice find.

Sorry for no release video's or any of that just been super busy with personal life things I just have no time, But My New Map 'Androscoggin' is now Available on the Steam Workshop! Go check it out guys! Hope You All Like it.

So as everyone knows my new map 'Androscoggin' was my first and probably my last attempt at doing a logging map lol, But it's getting pretty good feedback from the community and I'm pretty happy about that but I'm going back to my comfort zone and that's making an all-out trailing/crawling map! , But I plan to do another first time with my next build and that's getting away from the east coast forestry feel and going for a more open/desert feel with this one, I'll try and get some early screens for ya all soon.

I haven’t tried it. I’m limited on space on my pc-is it worth downloading?

@riskywisky said in Force19Mods:

I haven’t tried it. I’m limited on space on my pc-is it worth downloading?

Yes, Risky, it's worth downloading... 🤨