Force19Mods

@roughrider yeah wagoneers are hard to make, mostly becasue of the blueprints arent the best quality i mostly like the Cherokee of that year

@Forces
As long as the normals of your _cockpit mesh are facing inwards, and your mesh is contiguous it should work...

@forces the problem i have with the _cockpit mesh is that the game puts like a "grunge" texture overlay on everything inside it for whatever reason... and also water/dirt still gets inside in 3rd person view

@hydrowasul
I never had any such issue with the "grunge" you're referring to, but yes the interior getting wet/dirty from any camera view aside from the first-person/cockpit view was disappointing.
0_1551304893062_20181111101426_1.jpg
0_1551304918195_20181111101439_1.jpg

last edited by Mexican_420

cockpit mesh

@Mexican_420 here is what i meant, if i add the _cockpit mesh, it overlays this grunge texture (on the left) and removes all the alpha channels of textures. i guess you can't see it as much on darker textures, but on bright ones it's definitely noticeable

im going with the answer i have when i dont know how to make something, @hydrowasul @Mexican_420 you guys are hackers! lol
HELP!
steam is popping a error that doesnt let me start it... it says steamui.dll error, even after a clean re install (goodbye everything because im stupid and didnt made a backup of my _mod folder (on the old pc so no biggie, older mods were going to be rebuilt anyway...some of them)) still pops the same error

@Forces
Try this, if you haven't already done so {Steam forums}

restart your computer in Safe Mode. delete all of your steam files other than AppData and Steam.exe. double click steam.exe and it should successfully install the update

last edited by Mexican_420

@hydrowasul
Do you also use the _windshield mesh? Almost looks like it's casting shadows through the windows onto your _cockpit mesh? It's a total shot in the dark, but maybe...

@mexican_420 if you use the _windshield without a texture it will use a grunge map at random (as long the mesh has uv maps) i do use a _windshield mesh because the places where i add dust/dirt with substance i can use that as alpha in photoshop and have a result better than the stock vehicles
@Mexican_420 nope still nothing, actually I always get a glquerry has stoped working pop-up and then steam starts, but now i dont get that and steam says fatal error

@forces I don't recommend this, but it has worked for me in the past. 'Smash it with a coffee cup or whatever solid object you have on your desk'..... 😨 However I ain't to bright at times, lol.
I hope it gets fixed asap for you!!
_RUFUS

its a compatibility issue, so ill beupdating this old laptop some time soon, but till then im out of steam
since i lost all of my old files ill be remaking some of them
-2006 Chevy Kodiak

• 1942 Jeep Willis
  • Dodge M37 (for third time lol)
  • 1972 to 85 Blazers
    -1990s S10 collection
    only those mostly because those models are good, and i still have the texturesof them packed in a blender file
    so updates...
    Donators truck its done, and i decided to send a version to 3 guys for their donations and the rest will be on a workshop like file with only their names in a sticker on the glass

updates on the f100, the model its 100% done and now will be textured i dont have pics of it lol because the body hasnt changed that much since the last pic

Ford Update...
Help... i've tried all the tricks i know but still cant use anything the steering bone method makes the bone not sinc well with the truck (its not attached at all it stays in the air until i drive far away and then the game crashes) and i had to go with the old vintage cdt method for a animated steering wheel
No driver for some reason the hands go nuts when i steer the truck, (for things like that i never finished the quad independent steer colision axle S10 crawler)

Much done, basic idea, a 35s 2 in lifted 70s HighBoy Ford F100 (or 150 i dont understand how ford clasifies them lol)
two colors worked so far, mil cucv green and blue
so far 4 addons (roll bar,tool box, trailer, jerry can) its not a beast but its a good replacement for the F150 from the dlc, im still thinking allot in that crew cab lol

0_1551667824524_2 (4).jpg 0_1551667880346_2 (5).jpg 0_1551668021851_2 (6).jpg 0_1551668055944_2 (3).jpg

last edited by Forces

so pretty basic ideas right now with this build but the plan is to create a dlc trailer kinda like a generic trailer for some mods that just has to be downloaded, the trailer will be a tilt flat deck and a tilt gooseneck both with airbag suspension to ignore any height issues with any mods i build
this
alt text
mixed with this to avoid making it a gooseneck but keeping the height of a goosneck like trailer
alt text

and a 44ft gooseneck
alt text
the gooseneck its quite easy but the smaller one is the one giving me issues, like how its going to tilt, where should the hinges be, i want the deck to move and not the frame to break (act as the hinge) i have all that to figure them out and be as close to the pics as i can

K10 Donators new addons, including the smaller trailer
3_1551752409316_1.jpg 2_1551752409315_1 (4).jpg 1_1551752409314_1 (3).jpg 0_1551752409312_1 (2).jpg

@Forces should just chuck a dirt bike into the back of the k10 as an addon. lol

@justcallmesurge i've never modeled one before ill go look for a 3d model

@justcallmesurge, That's a really good idea! I don't think I've seen a dirt bike attachment yet. I think that would look cool to have that in the bed.

I'd rather see a 4 wheeler myself (ATV) but either would be cool.

@smaronenine, A 4 wheeler would be a good idea too. I don't think I've seen one of them either.

last edited by Tattoo

@forces said in Force19Mods:

so pretty basic ideas right now with this build but the plan is to create a dlc trailer kinda like a generic trailer for some mods that just has to be downloaded, the trailer will be a tilt flat deck and a tilt gooseneck both with airbag suspension to ignore any height issues with any mods i build
this
alt text
mixed with this to avoid making it a gooseneck but keeping the height of a goosneck like trailer
alt text

and a 44ft gooseneck
alt text
the gooseneck its quite easy but the smaller one is the one giving me issues, like how its going to tilt, where should the hinges be, i want the deck to move and not the frame to break (act as the hinge) i have all that to figure them out and be as close to the pics as i can

I think i've seen one of those around somewhere, but hey, good idea man!

this was hard to build, just how weird is the setup was the reason of it being hard lol, next step textures, and cdt axle/hinge bases sping suspension
1_1551836486894_untitled2.png 0_1551836486892_untitled.png

but going good so far, 5 cdt based animations need to be done now