Force19Mods

small updates, going all out in this build
1_1552423640246_Imagen2.png 0_1552423640220_Imagen1.png

@Forces
I expect exact dimensional and mechanical accuracy, sir... XD

@Mexican_420 lol well lets ignore that the shackles,panhard and draglinks arent in position yet because im still making the geometry of the suspension, and i havent fit the cummins v8 yet lol

@Forces
Hehe, all good my friend, just ribbing ya. Looks great so far! 🙂

so sad 6cyl gets no love. 😪 :face_with_stuck-out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hey Forces, I'm really sorry to hear about all the problems where you live, I hope you and your family stay safe. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Looks incredible as always man! That model looks great after you fixed it

@8up-local you're rights...and the v8 its a really tight fit...time to model a 6bt!
@terminatorx58 thanks man, hows the jeep is going? i havent see you online on fb did you figured the IK?

@Forces yes I figured it out man finally!! had another modder who uses max as well help me, it was hierarchy related for the most part. Did use cdt for axle as well. Thank you for all your help when you didn’t have to sure means a lot.

Hope you and your family are doing well my friend.

last edited by terminatorx58

@forces, I like that year of Suburban too. I also like that you do mods closer to stock instead of being really high off the ground with 45 inch tires. Them are cool and all but the more stockish mods are nice to have too instead all extreme vehicles. Thanks for all you work you put into your mods. You go the extra mile with all the animated parts you do.

I'm curious tho. Why did you get away from using the cdt's on the axles? Is it because of when you couldn't rescue to the garage?

I also wanted to ask you about importing sketchup models into Blender. Do you get a lot of double sided polys after importing? That's how it is in Max and a LOT of polys are flipped backwards. It's pretty messed up. But I found a solution. If you install Sketchup trial for 30 days, you can export out into an .fbx. Then import that and the model is a LOT better. It's all messed up.But you can only do it until the trial runs out because it's a paid feature.

last edited by Tattoo

@forces that would be cool, but that would also be up to you. i am just a 6cyl fan is all. lol

@terminatorx58 im glad you got more help on it, also thanks and yours is looking really good too

@Tattoo
yeah i like stock ish or budget build more than the heavy/pro builds (i do have some OfroadDesign Chevy build planned lol)

I dont use cdt based suspension mostly because its kinda hard to get it right, i do have plans for my 6x6 kseries to use it since i want as much realism in it as i can get...but the reason why i dont use it in all mods is because there is no guidelines to follow, every setup is a 100% diferent because of the main_cdt weight and the relation of mass of the axles cdts (control arm and axle cdt) and add to that the hubs_cdt for the independet steering per axles, the few cdt suspension mods that i have share the wheelbase and weights thats why they feel kinda the same

the not spawning right after a rescue doesnt bother me that much, i just press reload and all gets fixed, the issue is (i think) the PivotOffset="" codes i have in the double contraints on the axles to avoid the wiggle under heavy torque or high speeds

about Sketchup
the collada (.dae exporter of sketchup is totally broken for blender users)
I rarely use their files because of the broken exporters but have a cracked 2014 edition that came in my new pc, I load the 2014 skp files and export them as .obj (the fbx output of sketchup only works for 3dsMax too)
and i use this setup (the models or most are scaled up by 100% so i scaled them down to 0.001) to get the right scale of them
0_1552492047453_Imagen1.png

@forces, Oh ok. So you do use that already. Good because them models are screwed up when imported into Max.

@tattoo yeah and most of the models from 3dwarehouse dont even load or have missing parts

@forces, yes. I found that a few times but when opened in sketchup, they were fine. They are fine when I export them as .fbx and then import that instead. Way better.

@forces
Looks good.

How is the testing going with the k10?

@Forces,
That little Yota is really cool. I have never even seen an LC75 before. We don't get any of the cool Yota truck here in the US.🙁

@justafordguy yea the landcruiers are super popular over here in AU , so i keep having to ask forces to do some mods up for me .. im addicted to his modeling at this point! 😂