Force19Mods

Great job on the stockish XJ Forces, I'm a little impartial when it comes to the XJ as I drive one as a weekend toy. If you dont mind me making a suggestion...if you're going for a stock look you should change the draglink/tierod to a "Y" link setup and move the knuckle mounts up further, right now it appears someone put a 1ton steering setup in a stock XJ which IMO would not be changed until a lift was installed.

It makes me very happy that we are going to be seeing some XJs in game again. Good job and thanks for sharing.

Also it appears you have both rear shocks mounted onto the backside of the axle, the right side shock is actually mounted on the front side of the axle to help prevent axle wrap.

I know...minor details that most would not notice.

@fatboy

2000 cherookee limited ๐Ÿ˜›
Passenger Side:
alt text

Driver Side:
alt text

last edited by ArchitectWilliam

@fatboy awesome info man I didnt knew that about the shocks, now about the y link
alt text
thats going to be tricky to animate

"I know...minor details that most would not notice." if I know its there and it it doesnt work right or just wont work it will make a vein in my brain blow up, thats why I bother in making even the front axle shaft joints rotate like irl and in the right orientation lol ill see if i can make it work, the only Y link i've ever animated was on the F100 and that had a Twin I beam front, im also missing the swaybars but those are inded really hard to get them right without a making the mod be Colision axle Mod, and this is past that moment where I can take the decision of how the suspension will work

@ArchitectWilliam awesome ref pic thanks man

p.s @Fatboy the geometry of the panhard/trackbar its the same in the case of a Y link? remember what you told me when i was making the LC79 about them being paralell , that also counts because the panhard has a weird shape and so as the draglink

@forces

heres the passenger side Front.. i dont have driver:

alt text

@forces, Yes Tracbar and draglink should be parallel ( or close to) to each other regardless of bend...as in they are mounted as if they would be parallel without the bend in the tracbar.

I'm understanding a little more about the work it takes to model and animate this stuff...but still have NO clue whats possible and whats not.

Love your work man, once again thanks for sharing.

@forces wow that cherokee looks nice man

thanks @ArchitectWilliam mor refs for this build

@Fatboy I tried many diferent ways to animate the bent track bar but since it wont follow the axle (it follows it but has some lag in the movement ), so I went with a traditional straight track bar

@Justcallmesurge thanks man

update (no pics I didnt got to play with it last night I ended by 2am)
I got the new parts textured and in game, I Manage to make the Y link follow and move like IRL and changed the rear dampers to match the ones in the pic provided by William

quick question whats is a good tire size for a stock XJ? i was thinking in 30 -32in tall and 9.5 to 11in wide with 15 to 16in rims, does that sounds good?? they should fit right??

for the brand of the tire I want to go with a BfG all terrain TA km2 or a hankook Dinapro MT i like the style of the thread for a stock ish xj

Forces is the man when it comes to the animations and the undercarriage/suspension of mods (attention to detail), especially on his newer builds, Amazing Stuff.

@forces 215/75R15 or 225/75R15 which measures out to approx 28x9x15...that's stock.

Huge thanks to @fatboy and @ArchitectWilliam for your help on the more technical stuff for the stock XJ you guys are awesome and any info,details coming from the viewers is always well recieve
alt text
how I animated the Y link making use of the stock Draglink animation and some IK nested bones going fromt he top and spliting in 2 for each side near the conection of the dragling and tie rod and both bones ended in the hubs (the stock animation was there just to make the game work the animations of the hubs)
and now here is the Stock ish Jeep XJ its a bit lifted and has 32in Hankook Dinapro Mt
alt text
alt text
alt text
alt text
alt text

once I get it up and sent to smar I'll make a custom paint for you 2 and send your version ready to be uploaded for you to have private of for friends only

Next stop FJ75 flatbed and workmate (pics once I start modeling it lol)

That XJ looks so nice man, your mods are getting so realistic. Cant wait for the Hj75. ๐Ÿ™‚

That Jeep looks so good. Iยดm more the standard truck guy not lifted and with 44 inch tires. So very happy to see this work of art.

Looks great Forces, hope you dont mind me pointing out one more thing that I didn't notice before....The Jeep Cherokee came from factory S.O.A. (Spring over axle) you will never see a Cherokee Sprung under.

Again though minor details and this thing really does look great.

You Killed it Forces !!! Bravo man !!! :smiling_face_with_open_mouth: :smiling_face_with_open_mouth: :smiling_face_with_open_mouth:

• tv show game voice -

thanks for tunning into a new edition of "*Is it right scaled or I f<3ked up again! *" today we have a new guess give a give applause to >Forces< he will be modeling a Yota LC 75 (HJ75) and we will see if the blueprints are right scaled or he fucked them up again and had to fix it once the thing was in game lol

okay lol enough hahaha

alt text
alt text
alt text
alt text
alt text
alt text

going for the stock one first and then the custom one

That Jeep is really looking sweet Forces. You're getting a LOT better. I'm jealous because I'm colorblind.

1996 Jeep Cherokee (Smar's Version)
-- This is a Replica of My Dads Old Jeep Cherokee, He loved this thing and always bragged it up to me that not even these Nasty Maine Winters we have could not stop it and you know what he was right it was a pretty capable Ride, He bought his Jeep used and drove it for over 10 years right up until he passed in 2011, R.I.P Dad.

0_1541899510002_20181110202148_1.jpg

0_1541899516695_20181110202132_1.jpg

0_1541899523567_20181110202155_1.jpg

EDIT - Almost Forgot About The Offroad Custom.

0_1541904935203_20181110214750_1.jpg

Thanks @Forces , This Jeep Means A lot To Me, You're a True Friend Man.

last edited by SmarOneNine

@SmarOneNine that's actually a very cool tribute

im glad you liked it man, it was a ton of fun working that xj

so far the scale is right with all 3 blueprints in all views lol (side,front,rear and top)
alt text