Coach Running Down Timer on Purpose When Losing.

PC coach name is BrainOnSlugs here. I just finished playing a match against a coach named ****** who purposely let the timer run down when he started losing/got salty. It was just really obnoxious and I don't know where else to report it. Thanks.

Admin Edit: Thanks for the report. We noted the name on a private forum. We avoid naming publically toxic coaches, but rest assured we'll take a close look at this case.

last edited by Netheos

This makes me think of Dota 2.

I played Dota 2 ranked solo battles (teams of 5). The worst thing about the ranking and trying to level was this: In too many matches you got co-players feeding the enemy or playing so bad as a team player (not cooperating with your team) that you could usually tell after some minutes that your team was doomed or not. The really bad thing about this fact is the length of the matches... 35-45 min at least. And since the team destroyer respawns when dying... you had to watch this s.... again and again... until many of us... me included could not take it anymore. Why? Since we really tried to get higher rank and win the match.

When getting into such a team you had three options: 1) Leave the battle (you got automatic heavy punishment) 2) Stand still and do nothing, well you had to move a little now and then not to get automatic kicked (one or more of your team mates would then report you and you got a punishment... I will get back to this...) 3) Try to just forget that everything you have to do for the next 40 mins meant nothing and watch the loss come with a sad face, but fight on as best you could. If you played on and some other members of team felt you played too much solo... guess? They reported you...

If you tried to complain to the player that destroyed for your team during the match, he would report you and you also built up reports vs you.

Players with lot of reports vs them got teamed up with players that also got many reports vs them as a punishment. Basicly you got into a endless loop of sh..... Well you guessed it - this stuff broke me. I wanted to rank up, but got into a endless loop and my rank stood still after they launced this punishment system. I left Dota 2 due to this sad thing.

So back to BB2, the coach leaves the game and let the clock run out each turn to not get a concede. The other guy can then watch som youtube video, and get as many goals and stuff he can possible manage. And this he complains about?? The max 5 concedes when you got a broken inducement system... I can understand that players concedes or give up and let clock run out... Why punish people for this...

And... now you can turn off the match chat, ok the other guy says something bad. Just turn the chat off. Why use time on punishing people for saying bad things?? Is it really needed anymore?

last edited by Hotdogchef

It's meant for competitive play. Concessions ruin a competitive meta. If you want to be able to concede (either by hitting the button or in this dumb workaround way), just go play in COL. That's what it's there for.

Well, if the player ends his turns straight after its his turns starts without moving pieces for the last turns, he don't get reported usually? I am correct? So basicly he gets reported because the opponent have to wait for 3 min extra between his turns... or I am mistaken here?... Well I have to agree with the concedes... but losing and not eager to make your last moves... should maybe not be punished...

And bad language punishments maybe not needed anymore since it's just to turn off chat... saves moderators time?

last edited by Hotdogchef

Running the clock down purely to spite your opponent is hugely disrespectful.

In a game that can take 1.5/2 hours to play against an engaged opponent let alone someone intentionally wasting time this sometimes consumes all of that coaches game time for the evening.

Conceding allows you to get out of otherwise hard matchups. Hitting end turn does not.

Going AFK and forcing your opponent to wait for every timer in the game to constantly time out is not a competitive issue, it's disrespectful to your opponents. If it was allowed to occur then it is useful as a griefing tool which would ruin the competition if left unchecked.

@hotdogchef said in Coach Running Down Timer on Purpose When Losing.:

So back to BB2, the coach leaves the game and let the clock run out each turn to not get a concede. The other guy can then watch som youtube video, and get as many goals and stuff he can possible manage. And this he complains about?? The max 5 concedes when you got a broken inducement system... I can understand that players concedes or give up and let clock run out... Why punish people for this...

People play the game to play the game. Not to "watch som youtube video", or have their time purposefully wasted by someone who suddenly decides he doesn't want to play anymore. If you are incapable of playing your match through, then queque in a league where you can concede.

This hotdog guy makes the best posts 🙂 lol

That said I had some pleb running down the timer the other day where do I report it?

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.