The Surge is now Unplayable on XBox One X\Xbox One

I just installed the latest Surge Patch, upon loading into game i press A button and it says it must restart for settings to take effect, it restarts and displays the same message again, it continues to keep restarting over and over again, how am i going to play the expansion when it releases?!

Chill ps4 users are fu cked up also cant access gear assembly even in 1.11 and even if u enter creo world mobs looks buggy u cant cut limbs and if some mobs let u cut them u dont get the part xD time is 🔑!

Community Manager

@johnweir2017 said in The Surge is now Unplayable on XBox One X\Xbox One:

I just installed the latest Surge Patch, upon loading into game i press A button and it says it must restart for settings to take effect, it restarts and displays the same message again, it continues to keep restarting over and over again, how am i going to play the expansion when it releases?!

Hi, you've been answered in your other post.

@antonis-kordonis said in The Surge is now Unplayable on XBox One X\Xbox One:

Chill ps4 users are fu cked up also cant access gear assembly even in 1.11 and even if u enter creo world mobs looks buggy u cant cut limbs and if some mobs let u cut them u dont get the part xD time is 🔑!

It's a known issue and we're working on a fix. It seems to only affect very advanced NG++++ players. Are you in NG+++ as well?

Yea NG+4 my save say i hope u fix it fast i cant wait to upgrade my gear to mk25 and indeed if i start new game gear assebly works fine.

last edited by Antonis Kordonis

@netheos said in The Surge is now Unplayable on XBox One X\Xbox One:

It's a known issue and we're working on a fix. It seems to only affect very advanced NG++++ players. Are you in NG+++ as well?

Which is to say that nobody at Deck13 anticipated that players would play the game for longer than 4 playthroughs and left the game unfinished to the point that going beyond NG+3 would completely break the game.

last edited by Royaute
Community Manager

@royaute said in The Surge is now Unplayable on XBox One X\Xbox One:

@netheos said in The Surge is now Unplayable on XBox One X\Xbox One:

Which is to say that nobody at Deck13 anticipated that players would play the game for longer than 4 playthroughs and left the game unfinished to the point that going beyond NG+3 would completely break the game.

The base game did work very well in NG+4 and beyond, it's a recent specific patch which didn't seem to have been tested in this advanced difficulty. We'll deploy a fix as soon as possible. Sorry about that!

Hi,

I would like to precise that I have the same issue with my game. But, I'm only in my first run and not finish the game yet.

I play on Xbox One X. I solved temporally by launching my save on another regular Xbox One and after launch again on my One X.

I hope you could fix it shortly. I would like to finish my game 😞

Community Manager

@major-kusanagi said in The Surge is now Unplayable on XBox One X\Xbox One:

Hi,

I would like to precise that I have the same issue with my game. But, I'm only in my first run and not finish the game yet.

I play on Xbox One X. I solved temporally by launching my save on another regular Xbox One and after launch again on my One X.

I hope you could fix it shortly. I would like to finish my game 😞

There are several issues described in this thread. Which one do you have exactly? Do you still have this problem?

Hi,

Yes the problem is still there. When I "solved" the issue by playing on another Xbox, it was solved temporary for 1 launch on my One X. Since, I always have the message asking me to restart the game to apply modifications.

Community Manager

@major-kusanagi said in The Surge is now Unplayable on XBox One X\Xbox One:

Hi,

Yes the problem is still there. When I "solved" the issue by playing on another Xbox, it was solved temporary for 1 launch on my One X. Since, I always have the message asking me to restart the game to apply modifications.

This message should only be displayed when you switch from performance to quality mode on XBox One X. It might appear if you launch the game then log on your profile. But it shouldn't appear every time.

Could you try to launch the game logged on your profile, then without being logged on?

@netheos

Hi tried and it worked. The message disappeared.
Hope this will be totally solved.

Thanks.

I'm having this same issue on my Xbox One X. I enabled Quality mode and now I keep getting the same message, and upon pressing "A" it restarts the game and displays the message again, in an endless cycle. I recorded it in the DVR function for posterity, and you can see it here:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AjFaeiY_wXqsgu1qHkYvDsT0uQn1qw

I tried logging off my account and starting the game, but since I bought the game digitally with this account, I can't launch the game without being logged in first.

I also tried clearing my cache multiple times by doing a system reset from the menu, then next time holding the power button for 10 seconds, and I even pulled the power cable.

The Surge is installed on an external USB 3.0 drive with all my other games. I power cycled that as well.

I would really like to play this game -- I was beginning to really enjoy it.

last edited by AstroDemon
Focus Team

@astrodemon

1. Press the Xbox button from the game controller.
  2. Go to 'The Surge' and press the Menu button for more options under 'Home'.
  3. Select 'Manage game'.
  4. Go to 'Save data' for your gamertag under 'Manage' and select 'Delete everywhere'.
  5. Run The Surge and test.

That worked. Bummer about losing all my character progress, but at least it's playable now. Thanks.

@fhi-helpdesk That doesn't solve the issue. I'm having the same problem, but how can I play the game on quality mode?

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.