Spintires: MudRunner - Second Update
Community Manager

alt text

Hi everyone,

It's been just over a month since Spintires: MudRunner launched, and we're happy to announce that the second Spintires: MudRunner update is now out on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.

Here are the main additions and fixes.

On PS4/Xbox One

• Added steering wheel support for all officially certified Xbox One and PlayStation 4 wheels. To see which wheels specifically are supported, please check out our peripherals article, which can be found here:
  • On Xbox One, to access alternate inputs for the face buttons (X Y A B), you must hold down left-bumper at the same time.

On PC Only

MODS

• In multiplayer, if the host had multiple mods installed, and then created a lobby and selected only modded trucks, the client was unable to join and the game would crash. This has now been fixed.
  • "Reload" in The Proving Grounds will now reload the addons attachment position.
  • Long mod names will now be shortened.

Others

• Multiplayer chat will no longer overlap with keyboard/gamepad hints at the bottom of the screen.
  • The mouse will now work properly after activating the Steam Overlay with a gamepad or steering wheel.

On All Platforms

CAMERA

Centered Camera

• Added a new camera centered on vehicles, that is now used by default by all players.
  • Players can choose the legacy camera by disabling "Center camera on the truck" in the settings
  • The new centered camera can be zoomed in/out to increase visibility.
  • While using Quick Winch, the legacy camera will be used, if players are using a controller.

Cockpit Camera

• New feature: Look out of the left window while reversing.
  • Cockpit camera can no longer be activated underwater.
  • Cockpit camera can now zoom in.
  • Cockpit camera is now activated with the right mouse-button.
  • Added a keybind to activate cockpit camera.

SAVING & LOADING

• Plants (trees) are now properly saved to and loaded from save files.
  • When moving the camera, the map is now loaded more efficiently.
  • The game now autosaves every 5 minutes

TUTORIAL & CHALLENGES

• The front/rear camera hint is now presented at the beginning of the tutorial, and in THE RIG challenge, and will no longer appear in REPAIR & REFUEL.
  • THE RIG cockpit bonus objective will now correctly mark itself "finished" as soon as the player reaches the unloading area.
  • The tutorial will now demonstrate both the legacy and centered camera versions.

OTHERS

• Removed the requirement to align a trailer to the truck when loading logs onto a trailer.
  • When clicking on "load up" points to pack a load, advanced mode will no longer be exited.
  • Various other tweaks and fixes.

In upcoming patches, we plan to include Workshop support for maps, working mirrors in cockpit view, and additional wheel support.

We'll give you more visibility on updates release date as soon as we can. Please continue to give us your feedback so that we can together continue to make Spintires: MudRunner the best game it can be.

Many thanks!

Focus Home Interactive and Saber Interactive

last edited by Iyagovos

No all wheel differential lock in harcore :´(

Don't think all-wheel-diff is necessary in hardcore. You have to watch where you drive... I also was afraid about this but it works very well for me.

edit: ah - thanks for the update guys 🙂

last edited by DooM

The best cockpit camera! =))) I like it))

Great list of fixes/additions, but no news on enabling more than 2GB memory for the game more the editor, huh?
Or Workshop map support?

Community Manager

@mexican_420 We're currently planning to include workshop map support in the next update, but we don't have it confirmed yet.

We don't have any news on increasing the 2GB limit at this time.

@doom Sorry but I have to disagree, if it is to be realistic it should have all wheel differential lock!
I've been watching videos of these trucks on YouTube and they all have differential lock on all wheels, at least the big trucks have.
If they want to make the game harder on hardcore mode then they should make the terrain's physics more realistic and not disabling the differential lock on the front wheels.
I was very happy when Mudrunner was released but it's this kind of issues that made me steer away from it.
It still have hope that the developer corrects this kind of things.

@arshad, Agreed. I don't like not having front locking differentials in hardcore mode. It does make it harder but not realistic. Thankfully I don't play hardcore much.

@iyagovos

Centered Camera

My initial take on the centered camera is that I don't see the use in it. It's not much different than the legacy camera. I guess I'd have to play with it longer to find out but right off I find it very uncomfortable using. Thankfully I can switch back to the legacy camera.

Cockpit Camera

Now the new feature of the cockpit camera is great. I like that a lot and will find that very useful. I also like that I can look down at the ground and wheels while driving. That will help when next to a cliff to watch how close to the edge my wheels get before falling off. I only wish it didn't try to go back into the cab before seeing the front wheel. It's kind of hard to get it to stay at watching the front wheel before returning to the cab.

MODS
-Long mod names will now be shortened.

How long does the mods name have to be before it gets shortened?

OTHERS
-Removed the requirement to align a trailer to the truck when loading logs onto a trailer.

This is gonna be great! Thank you so very much because that was so darn annoying and seemed stupid that the trailer had to be aligned to load.

last edited by Tattoo

@iyagovos update looks good, but i do have one request. it is a little one and not really as important as getting bugs fixed and stuff. could we get the the Key Board/Game hints removed for screen shots as well like with the HUD? seems strange to me this was not included from the beginning.

Community Manager

@tattoo Totally understand some players not needing the centered camera, I personally prefer the original camera too.

Glad you like the cockpit camera now, hopefully you'll like it even more once we've added working mirrors!

Mod names can be 44 symbols/characters before they get shortened.

@iyagovos said in Spintires: MudRunner - Second Update:

@mexican_420 We're currently planning to include workshop map support in the next update, but we don't have it confirmed yet.

We don't have any news on increasing the 2GB limit at this time.

Well you should...
We're gonna be saddled with some pretty weak maps if you guys don't take care of this memory limit on the back end, or nobody will care enough to bother...

last edited by Mexican_420

@mexican_420 said in Spintires: MudRunner - Second Update:

Well you should...
We're gonna be saddled with some pretty weak maps if you guys don't take care of this memory limit on the back end, or nobody will care enough to bother...

Just get the patch from here: https://stmods.ru/spintires_mudrunner/materials_for_game/patch_dlya_spintires_mudrunner_editor_4gb_ozu_by_bo01ean_for_mudrunner/
and your problem is solved!

@bo01ean said in Spintires: MudRunner - Second Update:

@mexican_420 said in Spintires: MudRunner - Second Update:

Well you should...

Just get the patch from here: https://stmods.ru/spintires_mudrunner/materials_for_game/patch_dlya_spintires_mudrunner_editor_4gb_ozu_by_bo01ean_for_mudrunner/
and your problem is solved!

That is just a hack to the editor and doesn't fix the actual problem. We shouldn't need to use hacks to fix a game that the developer should be fixing. Pavel needs to get with it and fix this already.

I know little about these things because I am an electrician but I ask a question to those who know: How difficult would it be to theoretically transfer the game to a 64 bit engine?

Nice work guys, thank you!
I got scared that i can't use the old camera mode because I personally prefer the original camera too and i can use it. Thank you again!

@tattoo said in Spintires: MudRunner - Second Update:

That is just a hack to the editor and doesn't fix the actual problem. We shouldn't need to use hacks to fix a game that the developer should be fixing. Pavel needs to get with it and fix this already.

I had a videomemory error in editor, when i was trying to rebuild terrain - with this hack the error has gone.

Hey is there going be any mods for the consoles?? And i know yall have a time getting new trucks but the console version really need some pickup trucks ,really yall ,,you could make it look like a box as long as u could put it on a good suspension and some upgraded tires so you could rock climb go through obstacles. No really cares about what kind of truck yall make as long as its in there

Only if yall could have it more challenges the hill climb with the jeep was awesome y'all should do more like that running logs is fun and all but just needs a little bit more to it love the maps love the physics and the mechanics I just need some more everyday trucks with some bad a $$ suspension and tires ..when could we look at seeing something like this for console

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.