Pre Workshop map dead for good?

So here's the story.

I made a map and had finished it before workshop support was added. In my haste to clean up some hdd space, I deleted all but what I thought I needed. Needless to say, I accidentally deleted the .XML needed to load the map in the editor and so I can no longer edit the map. No biggy, it was pretty much done and although it would have been nice to release it on the Workshop, I'm not that bothered by it.

Now here is where things get weird. I used to just play and share my map with friends and it loaded fine with no issues.

I took a break for about 2 months and now my map will no longer load. It does show in the list of maps in-game though.

Anyone else experienced this and have a solution?

I've tried loading it into the Mudrunner mod but it gives a " No grass" error. I also noticed that in-game it will show and but in the lobby there is no truck selection. It's as if something with the game has changed and my map is no longer compatible.

Thanks for any input.🙂

last edited by PicSoul

@picsoul Just use pre-workshop version of the game. (ver_18_01_29b) and all is good.
You can pick that one as "beta" in steam.
Now to make it easier for you.
When you have done downloaded the "beta", copy the exe somewhere (or in same folder).
Now you can "update" the game again, backup the new file. and use the backup exe to run the game. (You might and most likely will get some errors loading the new game-maps, but most should work fine).