Insurgency: Sandstorm FAQ

Does “competitive” mean that the makers will abandon realism like the rainbow six developers did? I know this may seem silly...but my hopes are really high that that is what the developers are aiming for. A realistic FPS that punishes people for playing like COD.

Hi I recently got into the Closed Alpha and I noticed the NDA, which I plan on following. Im just curious if im allowed to record during the Closed Alpha and then release that footage after the NDA is lifted. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

@j3ff said in Insurgency: Sandstorm FAQ:

Hi I recently got into the Closed Alpha and I noticed the NDA, which I plan on following. Im just curious if im allowed to record during the Closed Alpha and then release that footage after the NDA is lifted. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Did you read the NDA? It's obligatory and also it's short.
Technically you are not allowed to Screencapture the game due to §4. and also you can not talk about it anywhere else then alpha forum for maximum 2 years or until officialy lifted due to §8.
It's 2 pages, big letters, read it.

Anyway, i bet there will be no harm if you record it know and maybe publish it once officially allowed. Mods?

@maiqthecancer

@maiqthecancer said in Insurgency: Sandstorm FAQ:

@j3ff said in Insurgency: Sandstorm FAQ:

Did you read the NDA? It's obligatory and also it's short.
Technically you are not allowed to Screencapture the game due to §4. and also you can not talk about it anywhere else then alpha forum for maximum 2 years or until officialy lifted due to §8.
It's 2 pages, big letters, read it.

Anyway, i bet there will be no harm if you record it know and maybe publish it once officially allowed. Mods?

I did in fact read the NDA, §4 states "Notwithstanding any other prohibited disclosure, the Recipient is not allowed to stream, publish screenshot, disclose any part of the game or its elements, nor talk about the game outside of the alpha forum." All of that refers to the information being shared with others, Note that it says nothing about the recording of the game and then publishing it once the NDA has ended (after all when the NDA is over everything in it is void).

@j3ff i read it wrong.
However, i did not expect someone could denie you to capture your screen. Still §8 explains how and when you can publish your experience.

@maiqthecancer Upon launching the game the loading screen says "No screen capture" So im thinking that they in fact do not want you to record any of it.

Hi!

Will we have access to a level editor like in the first Insurgency ? If so will it be a SDK or an Unreal package or something like that?

Thanks!

Hi, I had pre-ordered Insurgency Sandstorm before it's beta was released and had brought it over to my firend's house to download and play it with him on the weekend, however, when the weekend was over I brought my computer back home and realized that I was unable to play it. Upon viewing Steam library, the title for Insurgency Sandstorm was dim as if it was not installed and there was no icon available for purchasing/downloading/playing it, also, when I viewed the store page there was a text box that said It would be available to play in 4 weeks.

Was the beta shut down or is there some problem related to the IP of my computer changing locations, and if so, how can it be fixed?

thanks.

@nascu said in Insurgency: Sandstorm FAQ:

Hi, I had pre-ordered Insurgency Sandstorm before it's beta was released and had brought it over to my firend's house to download and play it with him on the weekend, however, when the weekend was over I brought my computer back home and realized that I was unable to play it. Upon viewing Steam library, the title for Insurgency Sandstorm was dim as if it was not installed and there was no icon available for purchasing/downloading/playing it, also, when I viewed the store page there was a text box that said It would be available to play in 4 weeks.

Was the beta shut down or is there some problem related to the IP of my computer changing locations, and if so, how can it be fixed?

thanks.

Beta is over and closed since August 13. Beta 2 will start at Augus 30 and last till release.

Will this game support mod and admin power on the server and Hosting. It's so will it be a built-in admin or you have to code it for yourself. and will it be community-friendly for gaming communities, What the max player on a server