Mudrunner USA

I've beat that blue UAZ through every inch of all the maps and I'm beyond geeked at the possibility of a new A class truck/ jeep whatever.

I’m just hoping for console mods

@brandon450 said in Mudrunner USA:

I’m just hoping for console mods

Have you read the threads regarding console mods? Not happening....

0_1532468252200_4C623D5F-2237-412E-809E-3CC0669EF0A7.png I’m hopeful still

https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/2336/regarding-console-mods/65

I don't know post pics in here yet but in that link on June 11 there are no plans at all to bring mods to consoles.

No concrete plans but i think they might have something in the works, they need to to keep the longevity more boring big underpowered trucks is not what the console community wants

And what other “big surprise “ could be for consoles

Cool! I'll be playing on pc. Console version got me hooked, pc mods will keep me playing it. Can't wait though this is exciting!

Hope we get the monthly update tomorrow with a big load of pictures and some videos.

As it is normal for a announcing of a new game(play) imho.

Tracked vehicles? Weather, snow? A better look and behavior of mud, soil? Career mode? New tasks to do?
Which things from listed will appear in MR USA?
@Pavel

@knight25 said in Mudrunner USA:

Tracked vehicles? Weather, snow? A better look and behavior of mud, soil? Career mode? New tasks to do?
@Pavel

I hear ya bro! not gonna happen. It's a DLC. You can expect new textures to fill into the new USA regions and new vehicles. Maybe a gameplay impruvement here and there as a regular update.

What about further drawing distance?

No concrete plans but i think they might have something in the works, they need to to keep the longevity more boring big underpowered trucks is not what the console community wants

Boring big underpowered trucks is what this game is about, but some would argue the environment is the main character. Console community has a great deal of choice when it comes to off road "action" games, we only have one mudrunner and we love it this way. An apple cannot simultaneously be an orange.

And i think the big surprise will be more of the same core gameplay and equipment fans of the series hope for. I'd say after this long of doing it right, the devs are not likely to change direction until the franchise is bought by someone who values money over individuality, quality and purity.

@knight25 said in Mudrunner USA:

@Pavel

Wow, i'd hate to create something new and show it to the world only to have people make demands like this. On one hand i see someone who wants more of a good thing, but the mud? Dang man.

"Better look and behavior of mud" in a game that has taken the look and behavior of mud 1000000 times past anyone else's attempt? Reminds me of that movie where a guy misinterprets a japanese chef's humility over her best dish as a lack of confidence... the mud is beautifully crafted. If there is an example of mud performing better i haven't seen it, but i sure am interested in what makes mudrunner look bad by comparison if it does exist.

@grubdumpling I as well like the big underpowered trucks they feel authentic as hell and I never thought carrying logs could be so fun but I think most people would still like the option to red line a ford or something through some of these swamps

Really hoping this update drops today or tomorrow. Can't wait for a few screens and video of American Wilds. @Iyagovos , update soon?

@grubdumpling Pavel himself wrote that he plans to improve the mud, for example how the mud looks like.
Yes, MudRunner has better mud simulation than most of the games I know, but it can certainly be even better, just like the simulation is better in MR 2018 compared to Spintires 2009 demo.

@iyagovos said in Mudrunner USA:

Hey there,

Yes, this is real - I'll have more information on it in the community update next week, and even more in the coming months.

Still waiting for the update

@grubdumpling I as well like the big underpowered trucks they feel authentic as hell and I never thought carrying logs could be so fun but I think most people would still like the option to red line a ford or something through some of these swamps

It's true that there are a number of dudes requesting big balls 'murican (insert some kind of slang for raptor 6.2) rip-through-the-swamp kind of action, but there are numerous racing titles that already provide that experience. I don't get why people feel that because this game does offroad better, that it is the one that has to be bent to meet the needs of the gaming mainstream. Why bother the developers with "suggestions to make the game better" that at their core require the developers to re-imagine the main feature of the game: the environment.

Has anyone who wants faster racing and trophy trucks or whatever tried driving in these conditions? It's like people think all you have to do is put bigger tires on a truck and giver. Big tires mean bigger axles or broken little axles. That leads to bigger diffs and driveshafts, or broken bits. Then that all leads to greater rotating mass and greater mass in general, so we'll need more power. Oh the engine compartment is made for a tiny little 5 litre? Oh well we may as well swap out the body and frame for military parts too... and now we have a "big underpowered truck" that is designed to survive the environment. And it's underpowered intentionally for longevity. Oh and it's slow because the mud just makes you drive slow. Try it.

This is a sim. I don't spend a lot of time on the farm sim boards but racing in mudrunner is about as suitable as asking for vehicular combat in farm17.