I am probably looking too deep..

But, to me it seems that Dark Corners of the Earth is just not being used for comparisons on the new game. I am extremely excited for this release. As we get closer however, I am worried that we will be hyping ourselves up for things expected. Taking away core mechanics that were, at the time, so innovative and engaging left a LOT to be explored. . . I just want to fight back. CoC: DotE made combat terrifying, and complimented the atmosphere. Anyways, I just would like some questions answered and a more transparent approach on what is to be expected and why they are completely ignoring DotE.

Thanks for listening to my rant.

I believe that this game will feature some combat but not at every encounter with the enemies. Also Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth was made by Bethesda Game Studios which is not part of Focus Home Interactive so the game cannot be considered canon. Also I believe that this game will be horror than Dark Corners of the Earth. I tried my best to answer some of your questions.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.