Press SPACE to skip...

when starting the game you get this prompt "Press SPACE to skip". now why is it sometimes it comes right up after the game starts loading up, but sometimes it comes up when it is almost finished loading or not at all? it is a small thing, but still i am curious.

last edited by A Former User

Same here each time i start the game it work randomly.

If you are on a PC delete the intro.bik file from the Mudrunner folder. No need to skip then.

@lawndart yeah did this already, but forgot to post about it. thank you for the reminder. now to get rid of the intro music which is easy enough. even with the intro removed i still get a sec or two of intro music when it starts.

media.zip: sounds/game/ intro_stereo__1.wav file. there is a 2 and 3 intro file as well to remove if you want no intro music or to edit for custom music/sounds.

The danger with fiddling with the .zip is multiplayer incompatibility. Speaking of which, I am now wondering if they have fixed the issue with maps with mods, additional meshes/textures.etc not being available in multiplayer.

@lawndart not sure if MP is fixed. i do not think it is. i know some are still unable to start MP sessions.

yes you do have to be careful when editing files because some files do affect MP, but so far the files i have edited shouldn't affect MP. these files are not synced with MP and only client/user side. if anyone does have issues with editing these files and MP then please post up, but i do not think anyone should have any problems.

There is a covenient way to fix this like many game on pc, add this in startup comand in steam or on your shortcut
"-nointro"

last edited by Raphael

EDIT: oops i did not realize exactly what you was asking, i am sure it could be done, but i do not know of any mod or program to do it. till then you will have to do this manually.

@raphael yes, you will need to mod your files. it is easy enough though, all you need to do is delete the file or files.

to remove the intro delete the intro.bik file from the main mudrunner game folder.

this next part does not need to be done, but i do it anyway.
to remove the intro music that goes with the intro you need to delete 3 files in the media.zip/sounds/game folder. look for intro_stereo__1.wav file. delete the 1, 2 and 3 intro stereo files.

If you want the "press space to skip" to appear quicker at launch: before quiting the game, first go back to the main menu. If you don't, the game will start directly on the map you were playing, and as such, it needs to load the map, the trucks, etc... which take more time than loading the main menu.
I believe that's what make the "press space to skip" duration more or less longer.

I just deleted intro file from folder... No intro, no waiting for Press to skip... Just loading my last session...

@8up-local said in Press SPACE to skip...:

EDIT: oops i did not realize exactly what you was asking, i am sure it could be done, but i do not know of any mod or program to do it. till then you will have to do this manually.

@raphael yes, you will need to mod your files. it is easy enough though, all you need to do is delete the file or files.

to remove the intro delete the intro.bik file from the main mudrunner game folder.

this next part does not need to be done, but i do it anyway.
to remove the intro music that goes with the intro you need to delete 3 files in the media.zip/sounds/game folder. look for intro_stereo__1.wav file. delete the 1, 2 and 3 intro stereo files.

I get that you can disable the intro by deleting those file i was just saying you have a command who allow you to skip it without deleting anything and it apply on most of the game too,only it will not teleport you directly into your last session but on the main menu.

@raphael yeah, that is why i added the edited part to the beginning, i did not realize what you was asking at first. anyway, yeah there is no command or mod that i know of for doing this.

The comand is "-nointro" open your steam library right click on MudRrunner in general tab click on set launch options in here you can type the command you want to add then click ok.
Also can you add this directly on a desktop shortcut but it's a litlle bit different.

last edited by Raphael

@raphael ok, i feel dumb, you're telling me this. i do not know why i was thinking you was asking. sorry for my confusion. lol

thank you for this info.