Spintires: MudRunner July Community Update
Community Manager

0_1532962861347_Spintires_MudRunner-07.jpg

Hello everybody!

Yes, it's that time again - time for the monthly community update, where we let you know what's going on in Spintires: MudRunner behind the scenes.

Firstly, let's start with a thank you! Spintires: MudRunner has sold over one million copies, and we're incredibly thankful to the community for helping us get to that breathtaking number. We wouldn't have gotten there without you!

Now, on to the meat and bones of this update.

In last months update, we told you about some of our favourite mods that we'd played in the office. This month, we'd like to tell you about the MudRunner USA expansion that we've been teasing for a little while.

So, to start - the name. MudRunner USA will actually be called American Wilds, and will be an expansion pack for Spintires: MudRunner, and will be coming to PS4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Switch, at a to-be-announced date this fall.

American Wilds will come with many features that you have been asking for, including two new sandbox maps and licensed vehicles. We're not ready to announce what those vehicles are at this time, however, but we very much look forwards to introducing them to you!

Pricing wise, American Wilds will be available in two forms - you'll be able to buy it individually as an expansion pack, or as a full package with the original Spintires: MudRunner, in the Spintires: MudRunner - American Wilds edition. There will be more information about the pricing of this closer to release.

We don't have screenshots to show you of American Wilds at the moment, due to the fact that vehicles are still being worked on. Once we do have them, we'll show them to you here. We thank you for your patience with us on this.

Many thanks, and we look forwards to showing you more about American Wilds as time goes on!

last edited by Iyagovos

So the Nintendo Switch version will be released before American Wilds DLC? Or it will be a simultaneous release?

I noticed you didn’t include the American wilds cover photo that’s been going around, can you confirm that photo or is it not sanctioned. Thanks !

Community Manager

@stirmygnat Hey there,

That was a work-in-progress image that wasn't finalised, we'll have more images in the future 🙂

@stealth We'll have more information on the release times of the Nintendo Switch version in the future, too

And together with the DLC there will be some updating for the main game, right?
I wonder what new features will appear in the game))
Thanks for your work!

and sad waits a whole month to read this, it seems that only one person works in that game,😕😩

This is the ************* I've heard about this game since it came out. They are going to release 2 maps and probably 3 or 4 vehicles that are under powered and not useful at all my like the Tractor and couple more of the most recent vehicles. Then they are going to expect people to pay for it or to buy the game with the expansion. It would only be worth it if we got about 9 new vehicles that are not crap and around 5 or 6 new maps. This will be another cash grab attempt by putting forth the minimal effort

Admin Edit: Thanks to stay polite and respectful in this forum. It's ok to disagree but not to swear.

last edited by Netheos

@sloppyslingers I agree with you 100%, one month to expect absolutely nothing👍👏

thank you for the monthly update,,
_it is pretty vague, and offers only a
'sorry, we can't say anything that matters just yet' message, as i interpret it.

_Please don't get me wrong!! i do appreciate the updates! However, could they actually offer some viable information? Not the following

_"at a to-be-announced date this fall."
_"not ready to announce what those vehicles are at this time",
_"more information about the pricing of this closer to release."
_"We don't have screenshots to show you of American Wilds at the moment",

@rufus said in Spintires: MudRunner July Community Update:

thank you for the monthly update,,
_it is pretty vague, and offers only a
'sorry, we can't say anything that matters just yet' message, as i interpret it.

_Please don't get me wrong!! i do appreciate the updates! However, could they actually offer some viable information? Not the following

_"at a to-be-announced date this fall."
_"not ready to announce what those vehicles are at this time",
_"more information about the pricing of this closer to release."
_"We don't have screenshots to show you of American Wilds at the moment",

as it has always been with spintires.
i really hope focus bought the whole source code of the engine and the game legally so they can continue working on it with another developer, just in case... no one is going to buy spintires a 3rd time.
everything that has been added so far is stuff that can be added with minimal effort (maps, vehicles...) and the "salvage mode" was in spintires before, so nothing new there either. is there even anyone actually working on the game itself? like under the hood?

what about converting it to 64 bit? what about new features or gamemodes? different kinds of loads? what about working on the wheelsets so they actually work properly and can be implemented again? working mirrors? DX11/12 support? working on the mud particles/effects? weather effects? i don't know man, so far nothing has really changed about the core of the game itself, you know stuff that requires actual coding and development...

@sloppyslingers ya I think console mods would have been more exiting then this whole expansion for sure, however there is a hummer in the picture , no way they make a hummer slow as a snail.... right ?

@hydrowasul and as I said, I have the look of this game, and what a developer works on it currently, it can only be this, because I have no idea why this happens only with this game (spintires mudrunner), which is amazing😨

No News Realistic Interior (cockpit),Mirror and TrackIR 5
Gearbox not realistic.
Multiplayer Friends Truck No sound No light WHY ?
Only DLC news Why ?
DLC DLC DLC DLC

Sorry my enhlish(googleTranslate)

Thank you for the wonderful news! We will wait for autumn.

Still no answers on mods for console?

@brandon450 console mods will never happen it has been confirmed multiple times on various forums. Now as far as what they did tell us with this update which isn't anymore than you can get from anyone one person on here that just speculates about what will be added in. I'm not sure why but spintires is pretty dumb for acting like revealing some vehicle models or map terrains that they are planning on implementing, is going to compromise the actual release. If anything it would build hype unless they are going the way that most of us feel like they will go ( the valley update). Now there may be some contracts limiting information release or bindings within the licensed vehicles that have yet to be set in stone. But they could still give us ideas as to the style of vehicles that will be used and the area or terrain of the maps. Personally to get around the licensing I dont know why they dont just make their own spinoff models like GTA does ( not comparing to GTA at all btw)

Still no answers to FFB support on consoles for G29 driving wheel.

Hey @Iyagovos, thanks for the update. I really wanted to see some equipment but i'll be patient.

I'm pretty happy to see the news that american wilds will not be a standalone title, but is it planned that we can mix and match vehicles after clearing the new maps? For example can i bring "stupid underpowered rusty trucks" like the b6a and c255 to the new american maps?

Also i demand a chrome slider for the american trucks. Oh and truck nuts.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.