I thought the first Battlefleet Gothic: Armada was the best strategy game of 2016, really had everything including a great Single Player which I normally ignore.

see:- http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24401&sid=5ded098d6f0557bb3dda21d02831c0be

Age of Empires the Definitive Edition was released this year and was a good attempt at bringing my favourite game of all time up to speed.

Eugen Systems have been quiet this year and the Creative Assembly's Total War series is running out of steam a bit with their next major launch set in China being pushed back to 2019 now.

I'm not sure to be honest how BG: Armada can be improved upon but I can't wait to see them try!

How do people see the game building on the original other than the more factions, ships and better graphics?

In terms of potential problems what do people foresee? Personally I think balancing, even asymmetrically across all the factions in multiplayer will be troublesome, I remember when the Orks and Eldar first came out in the original and prompted howls of 'unbalanced, please nerf' so even more factions will be a challenge.