Fear The Wolves Closed Beta Test - 26th July, 2018
Community Manager

0_1532534828248_FTW_capsule_main.jpg
0_1532534837881_251y5.png

Join us again for a new Beta phase!

Following the delay of our Early Access Release, we are happy to announce that the Beta continues!

We look forward to seeing you on the servers but before we get started, here is some important information.

The servers will open tomorrow (July 26th) at 3PM CEST. They will close on Monday July 30th in the morning.

Join us to play!

What to expect from the Beta?
We have decided to extend the Closed Beta of Fear The Wolves following players’ feedback on some technical issue and fine tuning of features. Before the Early Access release, we will focus on improving the game with regular updates based on player feedback, and what we still have to implement in the game.

As this is a work-in-progress version of the game, it is possible that you may encounter bugs or crashes, that may lower the quality of your in-game experience. We’d love your help in identifying these bugs, so that we can make the Early Access release version of Fear The Wolves the best that it can be.

The game will update tomorrow morning with a large patch. Here are the patch notes for the changes/fixes since last week:

• Server side optimization. Situations where the changes can be seen include:
    • Reduced vehicle shaking while driving, and turning is more responsive
    • Wolves become stuck less often and their movement is smoother.
    • A small delay when picking up items with "F" is resolved.
    • Reduced situations when player rubberbanding.
    • Reduced some lag when jumping from helicopter.
  • Fixed bugs with displaying incorrect results on the end game screen
  • You should now automatically begin spectating the player that killed you when switching to Spectator Mode.
  • The list of players in Spectator Mode is now sorted.
  • Fixed some bugs in Wolves' attack pattern.
  • Improved visualization of the map UI in the HUD.
  • Improved VFX when shooting.
  • Improved screen effect when wolves attacks.
  • Improved visualization for wetness effects for landscape during rain and storm weather patterns.
  • Improved visualization of water in lakes and rivers
  • Bugfixes and improvements in Options section. More controls have been added:
    • Fixed aiming to be a 1:1 ratio on the X and Y axis.
  • Many other small changes and bugfixes

We thank you for your help with our Closed Beta before release.

With your continuous feedback and patience we will continue making this game better and better by the day.

Please make sure to select the servers of your region in the bottom right of the main menu.

The NA and Asia servers currently have lower player populations, you may encounter long matchmaking times while queued in NA or Asia. If you prefer games appearing more quickly you can queue for EU but this could result in a sub-optimal experience.

Please join the Fear The Wolves official Discord to synchronize with the team and testers.

Where can I share feedback?

Please report technical issues and general feedback on the Focus Home Interactive Forums. Before submitting feedback on the forums please check if there is an existing thread about the topic, or if it is listed in our known issues log. https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/26641/fear-the-wolves-closed-beta-test-26th-july-2018

When providing feedback please try to be as informative as possible, providing information on where and when the issue occurred.

PC Requirements

MINIMUM:

Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system

Processor: Intel Core i3-2130 (3.4 GHz)/AMD FX-4100 (3.6 GHz)

Memory: 8 GB RAM

Graphics: 1 GB, GeForce GTX 650 Ti/Radeon R7 260

Network: Broadband Internet connection

Storage: 16 GB available space

Additional Notes: System requirements may change as a result of optimisation changes throughout Early Access.

RECOMMENDED:

Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system

Processor: Intel Core i7-3930K (3.2 GHz)/AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (3.2 GHz)

Memory: 16 GB RAM

Graphics: 4 GB, GeForce GTX 970/Radeon R9 390

Network: Broadband Internet connection

Storage: 16 GB available space

Additional Notes: System requirements may change as a result of optimisation changes throughout Early Access.

last edited by Iyagovos

Imposible matchmaking from southamerica I only coul prove game one time.

Had a crash when i was just looting in a non radiation zone with no players around and all of a sudden went back to the lobby

Is impossible to play... queue really so mutch long.
i have all time 120 fps but it seems i have 30 fps.
many bugs, visual, graphic, movement, in a game I could not shoot or reload the weapon.

Where do we download the game itself?

надеюсь у вас есть русская тех поддержка но напишу на двух языках.

1. НЕРЕАЛЬНО ПЛОХАЯ ОПТИМИЗАЦИЯ. Серьёзно. У меня комп батлу 1 тянет на нормах а у вас на лоу с мыльным фризы лютые и просидает фпс.
  2. ССЫЛКИ НА СКРИНШОТЫ: https://ibb.co/fvn4r8
    https://ibb.co/i1jTJo
    https://ibb.co/kEEjr8
    ПОСЛЕ ОПТИМИЗАЦИИ ИГРАТЬ ДАЛЬШЕ С ТАКИМИ ФРИЗАМИ НЕТУ ЖЕЛАНИЯ
    English version

I hope you have Russian support, but I'll write in two languages.

1. BADLY BAD OPTIMIZATION. Really. I have a computer battlefield 1 pulls on the normal graphics settings and you have a low with soapy freezes fierce and sit fps.
  2. LINKS TO SCREENSHOTS: https://ibb.co/fvn4r8
    https://ibb.co/i1jTJo
    https://ibb.co/kEEjr8

AFTER SUCH OPTIMIZATION, I DID NOT PLAY

This System requirements are weird. Im using an i7 6700, GTX960 OC 4GB , 8 Gigs DDR4 RAM and i dont have on low settings 720p 60 fps.....

What engine is this game running on?

Can you send out some more BETA codes there is hardly anyone on to get into a match. I have a few friends that would gladly like to try.

is there a game here or just a matchmaking simulator? 15 minutes waiting still no match.

Does anyone involved in development care at all about the first impressions people get from playing this thing you called a "beta test". I can't even find any information about the current state of the game. I can get on to EU from NA but there are not enough NA players to populate. So no matches seem to be made. Can't you see that on the dev side? I can't even find anyone streaming what looks like playable content on Twitch.
It seems like the community moderators and such are just ignoring the problem. I was hyped for this game. Seems like a cool concept but it is just not executed in a playable manner. If you guys have just given up, throw in the towel publicly and shut down. Otherwise I would suggest taking down this travesty with some apologies and explanations and work on it some more. People trying to navigate a broken game for 3 or 4 days is just hurting the actual release of what could be a cool game.

Community Manager

@phukhew

Hi there,

We care about the impressions people are getting from the beta test. This is why we have feedback forums and are doing testing, so that we can locate, fix, and test issues.

@iyagovos So where can we get information about what is going on? Why no match making in NA? I get 90ms ping to EU servers but they are still terribly laggy. sda The thing is unplayable and I want your game to be playable cuz the concept is cool AF!

How do I download the game ? No link on steam at all

I ran into some problems, the first is that when you first start the game opens in full screen mode with a resolution of 1024x768, which causes the interface bug. Ie will have to torment pretty much to change the resolution.

It was really fun during the few matches i did, but with the low player count it was hard to get into a match on NA. Furthermore the helicopter ride was decently laggy, but that is nothing a little optimization couldn't fix. But most importantly whenever i ran into a wolf it pretty much froze my game, i don't know if that is just the ai or how the game renders their animations, but it was one of the only reasons i couldn't continue doing matches. I hope you can fix these problems down the road
Sincerely,KnightlyBear67

Just looked at latest update, there are new visuals settings but the 3D Vision option is gone. I hope it will be back... and I'm pretty sure I can find a talented shader hacker to help you have a near perfect 3D out of the box. Otherwise they usually work on fixing shaders after a game launch but now that you use EAC it would probably block the fix, unless we both have a chat together to agree on a specific fix and whitelist the required file. So I think it would be better to offer it from the start.

So far I've only been able to test queue times, please give away more beta invites, the players count is too low it seems.
The 4 games I've managed to play so far were way too laggy. With one resulted in server crash, servers stability is real issue, especially in the beginning the game basically freezes on the drop out. These technical issues ruin overall expression of the game, imo.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.