Vampyr - New Game Modes Announcement
Community Manager

0_1532681871651_Vampyr-11.jpg

Vampyr, DONTNOD Entertainment’s narrative-driven action-RPG set in 1918 London, announces a content update coming later this summer. This will include two new game game modes which add further replayability for existing players and more options for those who haven’t yet sunk their teeth into this dark adventure.

As well as bringing a host of optimization tweaks, the upcoming update will introduce a ‘Story’ mode that de-emphasizes combat and a cranked-up, more challenging Hard mode. The Story mode places a greater focus on narrative, allowing players to experience Dr. Reid’s journey with less challenging combat. On the other end of the scale, Hard mode makes combat much more difficult. Players will receive less experience from killing enemies too, forcing them to rely even more on embracing citizens to grow in power.

In advance of the update Vampyr has a 25% discount on Steam, available now!

last edited by Iyagovos

It's been a month since you announced these new modes, any information on them? I'm eagerly waiting this update so any ETA for it?

Community Manager

@inod said in Vampyr - New Game Modes Announcement:

It's been a month since you announced these new modes, any information on them? I'm eagerly waiting this update so any ETA for it?

Hello, we just release a Beta of this new update here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/427290/discussions/0/1735462352502320808/

@netheos I'm playing on ps4 and I'm eagerly waiting for this. Looking at your post on the link something stands out:

This beta introduces the Story and Hard mode difficulty options, which will be available to players when they start a new game. You won’t be able to change the difficulty you’re playing on mid-game.

Hope this is only for this beta and not for the final patch. I hope you will fix this for the final patch so we can just continue our current play through on different difficulties. I'm at mccullum fight and just want a lower difficulty so I can move in past him, and I'm certainly not going to play everything again. You have a very interesting game here, flawed but interesting so I think lots of potential for future installments.

Hello, I've read the forum on Steam but I can't reply there, I have PS4 PRO for gaming. So I did not actually test beta, but I keep in touch.

I'm very looking forward for the HARD mode to have an opportunity to replay Vampyr again and to enjoy it as a challenge /Dark Souls + Bloodborne player, this states it all I think/. I've found original mode too easy - talking "Not even once" run. And being evil came totally overpowered and boring in combat, what a waste! I would like to replay, but with much harder difficulty.

Some comment over beta made me actually worry it won't be hard enough even with the new mode. So, please, remember even skilled players like us, made some TRUE hard mode, or some extra "nightmade mode" or whatever you would call it. The atmosphere and the story of the game is just made for that.

Make Vampyr a true challenge, please.

I don't mind setting difficulty only at the beginning of the game.
Adding new archievemets with new difficulty to PS4 trophies might be cute, too.

Thank you and keep up more support (and hopefully new content) for this game. One of the best I've ever played, despite the little critics I've wrote here. I rarely write about a game, but this one is a jewel due to it's atmosphere.

Still waiting patiently for this to release on XB1.
Is there any news on the release date? I've been holding off until the update and it's been a while now.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.