Will we see Cthulhu?

(First of all, loving how the game's looking so far!)
I was just wondering if we'll physically see Cthulhu in the game...

Despite currently reading Lovecraft's works, I have yet to read Call of Cthulhu itself. However, from what I do know, I believe that it would defeat the purpose to actually see Cthulhu itself just kinda walking about. After all, if Cthulhu awoke, survival wouldn't even be a possibility really...

So I was wondering, is the plan was to keep Cthulhu as a kind of lurking presence as opposed to a physical entity in the game?

(Also, if we do somehow see its face (in a dream perhaps?)... Lovecraft depicted it with 6 eyes, not 2.)

That is a really interesting idea. I don't know if they will allow us to see Cthulhu but you suggested that perhaps we might see him in dreams which would be cool and most likely affect the protagonists sanity.

Hmmm...

Yea, that actually would be very cool! I did a bit more research and apparently that did actually happen in The Call of Cthulhu! However... It might not be the best idea. I guess it depends on how badly the character's sanity would be affected by such a dream; after all, I doubt that witnessing Cthulhu (even in a dream), would be something that someone could easily recover from... If one could even recover at all...

But since it would be awesome to see Cthulhu at some point in the game (though it should likely be kept to quick glimpses)... Perhaps there could be a system in the game so that the protagonist can try to resist being overcome by insanity; perhaps a kind of quick-time event or something similar? Maybe there could be some kind of memory that the protagonist could focus on to calm down?

I agree it would be cool to see Cthulhu in-game but if Edward sees him he will lose his sanity. I think the best way to see him would be in dreams or if the cultists awaken him and Edward has to quickly make him fall asleep without looking at him or something like that.

Looks like your connection to Focus Home Interactive - Official Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.